clinging on to as little as possible....

Debut 4

The season is over. Over as far as winning trophies and getting a euro spot in the league.

But, no matter what you think or say, the fine tradition of Hearts being a good league side is there to be fought for.

I know it`s very hard to get any sort of excitement out of the remainder of this season, but i really really hope we can sneak into the top 6.

And that`s why Saturday could be crucial to where our destiny lies. No one is expecting Hearts to take anything from Darkheid. That goes for many of our fans as well as other clubs. ICT, Hubz, Aberdeen and Falkirk are looking over their shoulders and are awaiting the little bit of breathing space from what they hope is a Hearts defeat.

But if Hearts can grab a win it`ll put pressure on the teams above and undoubtedly inject more confidence into Hearts. A defeat added with victories for the teams above us would make our job much harder especially with Hibs having a game in hand.

Maybe a 5th , 6th place finish doesn`t exactly appeal to many or seem like the most exciting league run in, but what sets us apart from the Hobos is the desire to finish the best we can. It would also maintain our record of being the only non- OF team NOT to finish in the bottom 6.

How often have you heard the Hobo excuse "whats the point in finishing 4th? yer just aswell finishing 11th". These are words from fans used to seeing their team in the bottom half.

Hearts standing in the game is higher because we are consistently a better league team.

That`s what we are fighting for in the remainder of this season.

I agree with your comments.

Last year, the season run in looked bleak, yet we still enjoyed April 1st & other wins.

My hope for the run in is to get a few decent results against the bigger sides. Some highlights out of a rather dull season.

A top 6 finish would preserve our 'always in the top 6' record that we've had since season 2000/01.

It would also mean that we'll need to win a lot of games in the next few weeks.

I'd settle for that, but make no mistake: this season has sucked ass big time.

But I don't believe the season is over.

Buffalo Bill

I agree with your comments.

Last year, the season run in looked bleak, yet we still enjoyed April 1st & other wins.

My hope for the run in is to get a few decent results against the bigger sides. Some highlights out of a rather dull season.

Agree. For an extremely dissapointing season it would be nice to have a few top 6 games to go to in the summer sun.

The main thing is though, is to put ourselves in a position where we might get 4th spot. If we can sneak into the top 6 and maybe be just 4 or 5 behind 4th place(long shot i know) at the turn of the split then who knows?

An all OF Scottish Cup final is what we need.

Europe is still achievable.

We need to get our arse in gear but despite our dreadful form, no team has built up an uncatchable lead.

I doubt we'll do it but the players sure as hell better give it a good go, they owe us it.

If we make it to the top 6 with 5 games remaining then it will mean

a) the gap between ourselves and whoever is 3rd and 4th will be substantially less than the 9 & 8 points

B) We'll be carrying more momentum thanthe teams in 3rd and 4th

Paradoxically.both the best case (European qualification) and worst case (a bottom 6 finish) appear more likely than a simple 6th place finish.

I honestly think third is still there for the taking......tellin ye!

Looking at how many points behind third we are, and coule that with he amount of points left to play for, the notion of making Europe is not that far fetched after all (assuming we continue to show signs of improvement).

Looking at how many points behind third we are, and coule that with he amount of points left to play for, the notion of making Europe is not that far fetched after all (assuming we continue to show signs of improvement).

Totally agree mate, considering how keech we've been we're still only 9pts of 3rd. If we can keep this run going for the next month then we'll be in the mix.

Here's hoping we can get something from the tattie bowl.

We_are_the_Hearts

Getting the right manager in is more important than finishing the season strong. For this season to be a success we need to find that man soon and let him analyse the squad. He can then prepare pre-season training, tours, games and signings. Then we can hit the ground running in August. Results in this period would just be a bonus in my opinion.

Getting the right manager in is more important than finishing the season strong. For this season to be a success we need to find that man soon and let him analyse the squad. He can then prepare pre-season training, tours, games and signings. Then we can hit the ground running in August. Results in this period would just be a bonus in my opinion.

Agree, but honestly can`t see that happening this season(getting a new manager).

It would be a nice change for Hearts to actually be prepared for pre-season!

True, but I think if we dont get more than 4 points in the next three games, Europe is definetly ruled out and top six is probably gone as well.

Certainly we MUST beat Motherwell even if we lose to both the Old Firm and then depend on at least two teams above us seriously losing form and us not losing any more.

Too many ifs and buts that MUST happen for us I think.

Archived