'bout time we had another BEER thread

Victorian

so here it is.

what's everyone going to be scoffing in the way of suds during this fabulous summer we have been tantalised with?

i have been sampling this a fair bit of late... although to be fair i will pretty much drink anything.

home-can.jpg

a super quaff i must say, especially on tap.

Doctor FinnBarr

Scottish Blend at the moment, but if you mean alcohol in the house then I can't see past Westons Cloudy Scrumpy. Its the dugs danglies!

:10900:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I have been drinking lots of this stuff lately because alcohol is extremely bad for you and should never be consumed ever ever never.

becks_non_alcoholic.jpg

Stella for me this summer I think. I really like it since they lowered the strength and there are normally decent offers on it (18 bottles for ?10 in Tesco).

I've finally come to the conclusion that Bud (my previous lager of choice) is absolute pish. Just tastes like water compared to others.

What is Carlsberg Export like? Is it a lager? It always seems to be on offer. I saw 20 cans for ?5 or something like that in Asda once.

Stella for me this summer I think. I really like it since they lowered the strength and there are normally decent offers on it (18 bottles for ?10 in Tesco).

I've finally come to the conclusion that Bud (my previous lager of choice) is absolute pish. Just tastes like water compared to others.

What is Carlsberg Export like? Is it a lager? It always seems to be on offer. I saw 20 cans for ?5 or something like that in Asda once.

carlsberg export is indeed lager. ace stuff actually. 20 cans for 5 blabs seems ridiculously cheap, i will be hunting doon that bargain if true.

carlsberg export is indeed lager. ace stuff actually. 20 cans for 5 blabs seems ridiculously cheap, i will be hunting doon that bargain if true.

Was a couple of months ago. Wish I'd taken it when I saw it. It must've been a weekend only offer. I know Tesco did 18 bottles for ?6 so maybe that is what I saw in Asda as well.

Will have to try it. 4 bottles for ?2 in Morrisons will do me.

Was a couple of months ago. Wish I'd taken it when I saw it. It must've been a weekend only offer. I know Tesco did 18 bottles for ?6 so maybe that is what I saw in Asda as well.

Will have to try it. 4 bottles for ?2 in Morrisons will do me.

i'll be on the look out too. sometimes the best deals are to be found among the bog standard brands rather than the more expensive premium products.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
i'll be on the look out too. sometimes the best deals are to be found among the bog standard brands rather than the more expensive premium products.

You have plummeted to new depths of tightness !

Why didn't you just start the thread asking where cheap beer could be found ?

You have plummeted to new depths of tightness !

Why didn't you just start the thread asking where cheap beer could be found ?

cheap beer is your forte i believe.

image43-ks-logo.jpg

Brian Whittaker's Tache

This will be my tipple of choice this summer (because my gf works for S&N and gets it free!)

2871753735_c872b1db39.jpg

heartsfc_fan

Yup I picked up two boxes of the stuff a few weeks ago when it was on offer. The catch was it was ?5 for 15 smaller cans (like cans of coke size), still worked out as amazing value however as you have to remember Carlsberg Export is 5% content - stronger than your usual Tennents, Fosters etc.

Anyhoo, I have to admit the past few months I've tried lots of beers. Trying to find my "best" combined with most affordable. Stella usually wins the shout, but Polish beers are very good.

Tyskie_Large.jpg

1752.jpg

Zywiec_Large.jpg

InNothingWeTrust

Whatever is on offer. I'm a student on a low paying job. I feel that is a good enough excuse. Deuchars is fantastic when not looking for something too chilled, but Kronenbourg is definitely one of my favourite

The Jambo Janny

Black Douglas from the Broughton Brewery or Hobgoblin ale sometimes a Guinness. Come to think of any beer will do :10900::10900::

when out i'll look for any of the following on tap in no particular order.

meantime brewery's wheat beer, kronenburg blanc, franziskaner weissbier or hoegaarden

mostly drinking systurys baltas wheat beer at home.

on the gin tonight though as i just cracked open a bottle of hendricks

Freezing cold bottle of MGD

?7 for 15 - Asda

Magic

you could drink dishwater for free, and it'll be just as bland

Gerd Muller

Was in Florida recently and tried a few beers. Ended up liking Yuengling

291px-Yeungling_Bottle.jpg

Also tried Bud Lite and some others but this had the best taste.

Legend Claws

I love Becks. So pure and crisp with a real beery punch. Must be extremely cold though.

I'm in to Aussie beers too, like Coopers Pale Ale and James Boags.

so here it is.

what's everyone going to be scoffing in the way of suds during this fabulous summer we have been tantalised with?

i have been sampling this a fair bit of late... although to be fair i will pretty much drink anything.

home-can.jpg

a super quaff i must say, especially on tap.

I will be joining you if not on draught then in the bottle, got a stack of cases (18) in the bottle for ?7 in Asda, great. :10900::10900::10900:

Enjoying Coors Light just now, been selling for ?10 for 20 bottles recently and it's lovely on draught in Wetherspoons aswell!

scots civil war

marstons strong pale ale,6.2% in a bottle

3 for 4 squid at asda

sit in a field on a summers day drinking a few of em

sits on the pallete lovely and crisp

****ing toppa !!!!!!

The Colonel

I've taken quite a shine to Corona myself tbh.

Amazingly refreshing espeically on a hot day.

Doctor FinnBarr
quite a bit of the beers from this place -

http://www.westbeer.com/Our_Beer.html

I think you'll find that is the type of company who allow a welding firm to do lots of work for them before (allegedly) the company accountant/director flees abroad with all the dosh leaving the welding firm with a massive unpaid bill (So called small creditors got nowt).

The same accountant/directors wife then restarted the company whilst managing (allegedly) to avoid paying any of the so-called old companies creditors!

A poster on this board who may have the words "jambo" and "biker" in his name was put on the road to redundancy because of this unpaid bill!

I spit in their beer.

:th_o:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I've taken quite a shine to Corona myself tbh.

Amazingly refreshing espeically on a hot day.

Agreed. I had a few botles of Corona on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I may add that I also enjoyed the Strongbow, Magners, Tennents Ice Cold , Jack Daniels and Sambuca that I consumed.

I was buckled.

The Colonel

I was buckled.

Yes, same! Smbuca is vile imo, it tastes like liqirous. I had a few ciders too, magners is a personal fav, and quite a few jagerbombs/jager shots.

Jagermeister is evil.

hughesie27
Weihenstephaner_Hefe_W_L.jpg

just to stray a bit off topic, koppaberg pear cider is great. peroni or corona is great though. however slices of fruit in the bottle neck are only acceptable on sunny days

Tennents has become my new pint at my local. Sometimes can taste really good othertimes it tastes a bit iffy but thats usually just the first pint.

In the house I have a nice 6 pack of Corona to be tackled soon. 2 six packs for ?10 at Asda just now. Also Cobra goes down a treat when its really cold. Tyskie and Lech from Weatherspoons are grand too!

Buffalo Bill

Carlsberg is magnificent.

Buffalo Bill

Old Gray Badger

Has anyone else tried Summer Lightning,and monaged to restrain the obility to string a cohesive sentence togother.

conn artist
I think you'll find that is the type of company who allow a welding firm to do lots of work for them before (allegedly) the company accountant/director flees abroad with all the dosh leaving the welding firm with a massive unpaid bill (So called small creditors got nowt).

The same accountant/directors wife then restarted the company whilst managing (allegedly) to avoid paying any of the so-called old companies creditors!

A poster on this board who may have the words "jambo" and "biker" in his name was put on the road to redundancy because of this unpaid bill!

I spit in their beer.

i though the place was run by the curry king Charan Gill or whatever he is called. thats a sad state of affairs biker jambo but theres nothing i can do to stop the beer being so damn tasty. i know how you feel my old mans been shafted by creditors in the past by people he used to call his friends.

Peroni for me. love the stuff.

The draw of Peroni is fuelled by its marketing campaign. Cause it's one of the worst tasting beers around. No more than Italian cooking lager. Did a blind taste test at work and it was by far the worst.

Doctor FinnBarr
i though the place was run by the curry king Charan Gill or whatever he is called. thats a sad state of affairs biker jambo but theres nothing i can do to stop the beer being so damn tasty. i know how you feel my old mans been shafted by creditors in the past by people he used to call his friends.

The Indian bloke allegedly put up the dosh but left her in charge.

EDIT, maybe changed now.

super_vlad

I spit in their beer.

To be fair, the project spin totally out of control (allegedly) and the ***** running the show did not have the comman sense to take a step back before things went really bad. Also the case that the beer was so up and down it was never going to work. I know the guy who originally try to set it up, what is unreal is one of his mates is a top financial adviors at HBOS, surly he could have asked his advice !

Also i know alot of suppliers who were (allegedly) hit by the guy running off, i was surpised when they started dealing with the new company, long story short, crooks the lot of them ! what should be looked at, is the price that the suppose new owners paid for the business !

back on topic, a bottle of augustiner helles is called for in this heat !

Doctor FinnBarr
To be fair, the project spin totally out of control (allegedly) and the ***** running the show did not have the comman sense to take a step back before things went really bad. Also the case that the beer was so up and down it was never going to work. I know the guy who originally try to set it up, what is unreal is one of his mates is a top financial adviors at HBOS, surly he could have asked his advice !

Also i know alot of suppliers who were (allegedly) hit by the guy running off, i was surpised when they started dealing with the new company, long story short, crooks the lot of them ! what should be looked at, is the price that the suppose new owners paid for the business !

back on topic, a bottle of augustiner helles is called for in this heat !

Heh, the beer was up and down because the original welding was so bad that there was cleaning problems in the pipework for the micro-brewery side of things.

Ironic that we sorted those problems only not to get paid!

:43:

Disser Pointon
Carlsberg is magnificent.

Buffalo Bill

I also like Carlsberg and am currently supping on a bottle of their Tuborg. Didnt realise they made it just happened to be on special offer at ASDA and it is very pleasant. 10 quid for a case, nuff said.

Archived