Bryan Robson

Griclesfield

Just started another thread on this.

The answer to your question would be a resounding no.

I'd take Rix ahead of this clown, seriously.

To be fair he did alright keeping West Brom up a few years ago. In general though not too good though I agree. I'd still take him ahead of Romanov though, oops.. sorry, I mean Frail :D

I met Bryan Robson once.

I shook his hand, looked him in the eye, and realised he was a broken man.

'Twas just after he got punted for Moany Towbray.

Wouldn't consider him for a second.

Sexton Hardcastle

Apparently hes now "Director Of Football" at sheff utd. So still in a job. I dont see the point of that title.

"we were going to let you go but it will cost us too much so we'l let stay on and hire a real manager"

Apparently hes now "Director Of Football" at sheff utd. So still in a job. I dont see the point of that title.

"we were going to let you go but it will cost us too much so we'l let stay on and hire a real manager"

Think they are trying to save the guys embarrassment.

I remember Boro moved him upstairs and let El Tel provide him with a bit of help towards the end of a season and then gave him the boot in the summer.

And to think, the kants last bit of work was to get a draw at WBA and let me down for 190 quid.

Robson GTF.

:D

He's been moved upstairs at S2. He's not actually been sacked as far as I'm aware and will continue to work for and be paid by the club. I was hoping he'd stay in charge of team affairs at the Lane a bit longer. He was doing a grand job :P

In answer to your question I couldn't think of a worse man to put in charge at Tynecastle.

Italian Lambretta

I'm F*****G passed caring about this whole manager episode.

Its NO coincidence that the media have stopped talking about it.

It aint gonnae happen!:mad:

I'd rather support Hibs.

;)

He got the Boro promoted and to the UEFA cup final. So why such a stupid statement.:confused:

He got the Boro promoted and to the UEFA cup final. So why such a stupid statement.:confused:

He got Boro promoted? With a huge budget, and subsequently got them relegated.

UEFA Cup Final, eh, no he never.

Robson is a dire, dire manager.

Captain Canada

No way! I'm very happy he's been binned by the blades - pity they've given him another role - he should be out completely. Huge mistake appointing him - should be much higher up the league with that squad.

chester copperpot
Nope - the man's a disaster as a manager.

No thanks.

Dunno why now, but dont want him.

Oh yeah, because he's pish.

I will however start a POLL to see if people would prefer him or Frail?

Joking.

It was McClown who got Boro to the UEFA Cup final. As someone else has said Robson spent millions at Boro and still got them relegated. He also successfully managed to relegate Bradford and West Brom and so is known as 'Relegation Robson' for it.

He's spent a fortune at United they should be pi$$ing the CCC. They are 18th. There were 3000 people shouting "sack the drunk" at the Lane after the game at the weekend. The guy is useless.

Kevin Blackwell given the Pigs job until the end of the season. Bizarre appointment. Hopefully they'll continue their under-achievement.

I P Knightley
He'd make George Burley seem like a Tea Totaller

Exactly my first thought. I've a mate who worked in sports journalism who once said to me that if he ever wanted to interview Robson, he had to arrange to do so between about 10 and 12 in the morning - any other time he'd be getting jarred or hungover. Even at 11 in the morning he stank of booze.

He was also fingered by Paul Merson (or Ince - not sure which) as a really bad influence for the gambling when at 'Boro.

We have enough of our own problems; we don't need his as well

I tell you who is looking for a manager's job, though - Steve McClaren has said that he would be interested in getting management rehabilitation overseas or with a lower tier club. Anything, basically, except the Hearts.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Pot.Kettle.Black

Note the smiley after my post.

Idiot.

scott herbertson

They had a piece on 5 live this morning about Robson going, followed by another one with McLaren saying he would be happy taking a job outside England

:eek::eek:

I nearly crashed the car

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Here in Sheffield, Blades fans are glad to see the back of him.

Baggies ditto, some time ago.

We're better of with Frail. Or even Malofeev.

Vlad - Don't even contemplate it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Here in Sheffield, Blades fans are glad to see the back of him.

Baggies ditto, some time ago.

We're better of with Frail. Or even Malofeev.

Vlad - Don't even contemplate it.

:)What part of Sheffield are you in?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
:)What part of Sheffield are you in?

Crookes. But the Heart is still in Gorgie.

And each day, in at least one Sheffield house, the letters FTH are used as nature intended. ;)

Archived