'Plot' to oust Tango?

tartofmidlothian

shaun.lawson

Oh, unquestionably. Milne and Miller ran out of patience with him some time ago now. You have to laugh, though, at the way Tango insisted there were "no hard feelings" to the BBC after his exit, before immediately throwing his toys out the pram in the press; and of course, he's blissfully unaware of his own responsibility for getting the boot too. That is - not being good enough, and not having a clue how to take Aberdeen beyond a certain "is that all there is?" point.

Dr Ian Malcolm

The man's an arse. Willie Miller, whatever you think about him, has achieved a hell of a lot more in the game than Jimmy Calderwood. He probably knows a thing or two about good managers, and Tangochops isn't one.

Nae wonder people were avoiding him and not going to his office. He talks undiluted pish the majority of the time.

The article is hilarious. Tangoman says his hat was on a shooglie peg after the QOS cup defeat but Miller then mentions how the club stood by him and even awarded him a new contract after that game. Oh , and the directors 'plotted' to get rid of him when most clubs would just tell the unwanted manager to beat it.

That guy is so deluded he must be a nap for the seat at Fester Rd.

jambos are go!

Sad to see the Scotsman virtually regurgitating an article in the Daily Record a day or so ago.

Walter Kidd

The issue was (I'm led to believe) that Calderwood allowed his players to miss a club function to go on the **** last week that ended up with blood on the streets and two players arrested.

H J Simpson

I heard the problem was the Aberdeen board is made up of big physical directors.

Regal Kingston

Willie 'moustache' Miller knows a bad manager when he sees one as he was pishpoor himself! I hope this Aberdeen legend (of after dinner speaking) takes over and gets them relegated.

As much as I hate Calderwood he done a good job up there and got them into Europe a couple of times with little resources. He has also consistantly brought young players through - albeit small weak laddies.

Aberdeen fans have short memories as it wasn't so long ago Skovdahl was at the helm and they were flirting with relegation for a couple of seasons.

I reckon they will be bottom 6 next term.

Thig Ar Latha
I heard the problem was the Aberdeen board is made up of big physical directors.

Their also a bunch of time wasters. They gave him a contract extension and then waited six months (?) to sack him!

The article is hilarious. Tangoman says his hat was on a shooglie peg after the QOS cup defeat but Miller then mentions how the club stood by him and even awarded him a new contract after that game. Oh , and the directors 'plotted' to get rid of him when most clubs would just tell the unwanted manager to beat it.

That guy is so deluded he must be a nap for the seat at Fester Rd.

Did he not get the contract after Queens Park beat them?

i would love to think that milne and miller eventually got sick of the ever increasingly more bizarre ramblings that eminated from the out of control megaphone.

he recently was the subject of planned protest action from their supporters who were eventually persuaded to keep their powder dry. instead of viewing the situation as a near miss and an opportunity to keep his head down and concentrate on silencing his critics, he instead continued to blurt out his distasteful and limited portfolio of excuses and - to be perfectly honest - borderline racially stereotyping remarks about other teams. his inablity to engage his limited intellect before engaging his less than limited mouth routinely brought shame and embarrassment upon his club, and it would be nice to believe that milne and miller eventually decided that enough was enough on that score.

typically he's completely contradicted himself since his departure by rambling on about 'plots' and being avoided by people, while in the next interview he insists that there was no ill-feeling and that his 'resignation' was as a result of a difference of opinion over direction.

there's every reason to believe that his motor mouth will continue to flap without control therefore it would also be nice to think that either milne or miller will eventually decide to set the record straight by slapping him down with an official statement.

milne and miller seem like no nonsense men who will only tolerate fools like calderwood to a certain degree. calderwood has proved at great length his ability to put his foot in it. it seems only natural that there will be further comment and counter comment over this most splendid of footballing divorces.

I spent a bit of time in Aberdeen today - quite a few people I spoke to there reckoned that John "Square Heid" Collins is a shoe in for the job and that Willie Millar had spoken to him about it during the last two weeks. I believe that Collins quit his job in Belgium the other day as well.

Archived