Mum, I'm going out with an Italian.

CompleteIdiot

CompleteIdiot

Is Jewish Racism/Bigotry acceptable?

[yt]UaNRSZ-Ga-w[/yt]

This was somehow deemed funny because it is okay to be Jewish and say that your child should only have a relationship with someone that is also Jewish. To me that seems like a double standard.

Would the same response be acceptable if say she said she was dating a black guy? Would that be remotely funny?

When I was sixteen, I told my mum I had a new girlfriend. My mother who I thought was the model of tolerence asked what religion she was.

It hadent entered my head previously but I said she was a catholic. Well the talking to I got from my mum and dad shocked me. We split up not long after, not due to the religious intolerence.

But my point is why pick on the jews. What if a Muslim girl brought a jew home. What would the parents say?

CompleteIdiot
When I was sixteen, I told my mum I had a new girlfriend. My mother who I thought was the model of tolerence asked what religion she was.

It hadent entered my head previously but I said she was a catholic. Well the talking to I got from my mum and dad shocked me. We split up not long after, not due to the religious intolerence.

But my point is why pick on the jews. What if a Muslim girl brought a jew home. What would the parents say?

Simply because their religious intolerance seems more acceptable these days.

I would have no problem marrying anyone Jewish - unless they required me to start chopping bits of me off.

Commander Harris

If it's simply a question of ethnicity then it shouldn't be an issue at all. Personally speaking, I would have no problem dating or marrying a woman of any ethnicity.

I do think Religion is a different matter though. For example why would a devout Muslim marry a devout Roman Catholic? - they would profoundly disagree on one of the most important matters in their lives.

Archived