Is the development really the best thing at this current time?

Rawrrrrrrr

Should we be pushing ahead with the development at this time?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we be pushing ahead with the development at this time?

We need a new main stand but why the whole redevlopment plan. IMHO it is far too over ambitious for a club our size. The main stand at Easter Road looks fine to me and was put up in roughly 6 months and not at a cost of ?51million. I know our costs includes hotels etc...but do we really need one?

Rather have a half decent stand with the rest of the investment going into the team.

OFFS. Could you make it any more obvious that you're a hobo if you tried?

OFFS. Could you make it any more obvious that you're a hobo if you tried?

no Hobo....just not falling for all this pie in the sky s**** we keep getting fed

So how we are actually going to finance it is of no consequence?

As long as we have that pretty new gadget

The propoganda has clearly worked

Id love a new stadium, I just dont think now is the right time to commit ourselves to such massive expenditure

We need to sort out the short term issues first and then come july if things are looking up revisit the stadium

At the moment what is the point of having a top stadium when we could be a 1st div/bottom 6 club with 14k showing up and no european or cup revenues to finance it?

Its a very risky venture and one that could well push the club in its current form to its grave

Under burley Id have had no hesitation in saying yes but we have went so far back we are now way below were we were under the likes of levein, robbo, jefferies, even rix ffs

Its worrying

Id also like to see some substance to the plans as to how we plan to finance it as opposed to the irrelevent eye candy they push forward

Im not saying its 100% a bad move, just that now is maybe not the best time to commit to it

no Hobo....just not falling for all this pie in the sky s**** we keep getting fed

Horse the propoganda machine appears to be working once again. ;)

The Puppeteer

Didn't bother answering the ludicrous poll but I do feel the need to point out that it is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that we might be better off delaying the construction of the new stand and facilities because things aren't going to plan on the pitch just now. What would happen if we get in a new manager tomorrow who takes us on a run of form to match the Burley era, wins the league next season and all of a sudden most of the nearly 60,000 who turned up at Murrayfield for the Barca match want to sign up for a season ticket?

Full steam ahead I say.

Guest JamboRobbo
but I do feel the need to point out that it is absolutely ludicrous to suggest

agree. it's almost as ludicrous as predicting we'll win our next 5 games.....(we managed 4 defeats and a draw btw) ;)

So how we are actually going to finance it is of no consequence?

As long as we have that pretty new gadget

The propoganda has clearly worked

Id love a new stadium, I just dont think now is the right time to commit ourselves to such massive expenditure

We are not financing anything, Vlad is buying it. We ar not committing ourselves to massive expenditure, Vlad is.

Enjoy. :rolleyes:

We are not financing anything, Vlad is buying it. We ar not committing ourselves to massive expenditure, Vlad is.

Enjoy. :rolleyes:

i may be wrong but im pretty sure the 50 odd million will be a loan, which would make us 50 million more in debt. Perhaps thats not a problem if its coming from UBIG, but its hardly ideal, is it? and its going to take a wee while to pay back 70 odd million quid

i may be wrong but im pretty sure the 50 odd million will be a loan, which would make us 50 million more in debt. Perhaps thats not a problem if its coming from UBIG, but its hardly ideal, is it? and its going to take a wee while to pay back 70 odd million quid

Who is "us"?

Who owns "us"?

Who is UBIG?

Who owns UBIG?

Who owes who money?

banksforengland your post stinks of ferryjambo, prancer,always negative crap.once the new stand is built,it will mean it is worth more as a football stadium,which in turn means the long term future of our club is secure.any other clubs fans would be delighted,but we have a section of our support that have not got a good word to say about the club,

banksforengland your post stinks of ferryjambo, prancer,always negative crap.once the new stand is built,it will mean it is worth more as a football stadium,which in turn means the long term future of our club is secure.any other clubs fans would be delighted,but we have a section of our support that have not got a good word to say about the club,

How on hell can you say it makes the clubs future secure?

We are almost 40 million in debt now, we will likely double that figure yet we have no indication how they plan to repay or even maintain the debt:rolleyes:

The Puppeteer
agree. it's almost as ludicrous as predicting we'll win our next 5 games.....(we managed 4 defeats and a draw btw) ;)

Good to see you kept track JR!

Still, no reason we can't go and win our next 5, ay?

Sadly I have to say no

2 years ago under burley Id have had no doubts but there is too much uncertainty now

Crowds are dwindling and relegation is a real possibility

With both of these their are financial consequences

I feel we need to resolve the above before we even consider spending a penny on a new stadium development or we put the club in serious risk

The stand will not be finished for 2 years, if Vlad sicks to his word we can well and truely moving back in the right direction by then!

it means we will remain as a football club in gorgie,a lot more secure than we would have been going with your pal robinson to murrayfield,and thats a certainty.they are not exactly going to pull the plug on us after the stadium is built,and thats another certainty.just hope it gets planning permission,or then you might just get your wish.

Sadly I have to say no

2 years ago under burley Id have had no doubts but there is too much uncertainty now

Crowds are dwindling and relegation is a real possibility

With both of these their are financial consequences

I feel we need to resolve the above before we even consider spending a penny on a new stadium development or we put the club in serious risk

Just because we are crap just now doesn't mean to say we'll be crap forever more.

We can easily turn this team around by getting in a manger and punting a few of the stiffs.

The current team has little to do with the stadium plans. I doubt many will be around to see the new stand.

Buffalo Bill

For me it is not the best thing right now as getting in a decent manager, backroom staff and players is clearly what should be higher on the agenda and judging by the start date of 2010/2011 i guess the stand is not really being put as the No1 priority by Hearts either.

Why can't we get a manager and build a stand?

Why does it have to be one or the other?

I would be staggered if you felt only one objective could be done at a time.

Buffalo Bill

The way I see it is there are three main groups of people not wanting Tynecastle redeveloped just now..........

1. Young supporters who think this is the worst Hearts team ever and we're slipping slowly into oblivion so what's the point.(Check the Scottish Cup crowd versus Killie the year we won the cup. 12,831)

2. New glory hunting supporters who don't give a **** about anything else except the team on the park.

3. Doom & gloom merchants who would find somethng to moan about if it cost nothing to build.

If you fall into more than 1 of the above groups, then you're totally ******.

Only my opinion but Heart of Midlothian F.C. will be going strong long after all of us are dead & buried so lets try & think of the bigger picture.

You forgot hibbies. West coast. Ect Ect.

I don?t think the 51million investment can be viewed in isolation. The media particularly the BBC were totally irresponsible in making a bland assertion that the debt would solely add to the existing liabilities of the football club. Hearts are effectively a subsidiary of the Parent Company and whether the project is viable or not has to be examined in the context of the Consolidated Group perspective. A venture of this scale is extremely complex which is likely to attract development grant assistance and some juicy tax benefits in the way of Capital Allowances. Whist we expect a negative spin from most sections of the media some of the headline grabbing is negligent to say the least.

it means we will remain as a football club in gorgie,a lot more secure than we would have been going with your pal robinson to murrayfield,and thats a certainty.they are not exactly going to pull the plug on us after the stadium is built,and thats another certainty.just hope it gets planning permission,or then you might just get your wish.

That is it. The building of the main stand is the most important thing that has happened to our club since we were formed. We are securing our future for the next 100 years.

The Vlad haters should show some humility and some gratitude. They would do if they were Hearts fans.

would totally agree with you ima maroon,an amazing turnaround since the cala deal was almost completed,for all of mr romanovs failings,he has done us more good than harm,the day the team runs out for the opening of the new stand will be one of the best days in our history.

OK.

Rising energy costs also indicate higher prices: the aluminium production process is more energy-intensive than for other base metals, and production costs have jumped by 30% over the past year. Plants are likely to be taken off stream due to rising costs, thus tightening supply, says commodities guru Jim Rogers. Aluminium should rise above $3,000 a tonne and looks set to outperform other metals next year, Dan Brebner of UBS told Bloomberg. An LSE-listed ETF tracks aluminium (ALUM).

THIS IS THE BEST TIME FOR UBIG TO CARRY THE INVESTMENT OF HMFC.

Archived