Thordarson-in-Hearts-frame

RENE

According to Daily Express Hearts are interested in ex-Stoke City boss Gudjon Thordarson. He is currently manager of Akranes but had clause that if a better job comes along he can leave.

Is this not the same boy that got the Hibs job then after a day decided he didnt want it?

Before Mowbray took it?

Could be the complete wrong person!

Doesn't say but he was Icelandic manager when they just failed to reach the 2000 Euros. Also had spells with Stoke,Barnsley and Notts County.

Wants to bring his assistant Ross Jack as part of his backroom staff.

not a great track record, although seems to have done OK at Stoke and has some well heeled connections, Icelandic buy out anyone?

Well, at least he's a *proper* manager, and not too bad a pedigree. I'll be happy enough if that's true. Says there that he saved a team from relegation as well. Wonder if he can save us from hobonomic induced adminidictation?

*having said that, it is the Daily Exprincess, and the fact that the headline isn't written in a maroon box leads me to believe that they made it up...

Experienced at international level , British experience , talks English

ticks a few boxes

Complete and utter failure at MOST places he has been at. Gets sacked quite a lot...theres another couple of boxes ticked

:)

We could do a lot worse.

I just think if we know who we want, we should stop *****ing around, go get him, give him his transfer budget and let's get this season started again.

Its Say in the Article McGlyn was a one of the "7 Managers" since Vlad took over,did'nt think temp charge for a few gaames made you a manager!

We could do a lot worse.

I just think if we know who we want, we should stop *****ing around, go get him, give him his transfer budget and let's get this season started again.

Hear, hear! At the rate things seem to be going the transfer window will be closed with no new signings, leaving us to struggle on with the below-par lot we've got!

alwaysthereinspirit
According to Daily Express Hearts are interested in ex-Stoke City boss Gudjon Thordarson. He is currently manager of Akranes but had clause that if a better job comes along he can leave.

I have no clue where Akranes play but not sure the Hearts job falls into "the better job" catergory.

I have no clue where Akranes play but not sure the Hearts job falls into "the better job" catergory.

Mabe you should have added a smley:p

Definitely a step up, as long as he's really the MAN, and not a fax recipient.

IA Akranes, 18 Icelandic Cups. I see Raith beat them in UEFA (Raith??) once.

We could do a lot worse.

That reeks of desperation C.

My feeling is write this season off and build for next. With the right man in place.

That reeks of desperation C.

My feeling is write this season off and build for next. With the right man in place.

Yes Tazio, but we want to do it from the SPL (regardless of Greetna), preferably top 6, even if we just scrape in. Give a new man until the end of the season. Admittedly that sounds a bit like Newcastle's failed policy of not giving a guy enough time..

Sydney from Sydney

Why is it so difficult for us to get a manager that we look in the Turkish league for an Icelandic ? Is nothing simple at Tynie.??.

I would be gutted with him.

His reputation is that he plays boring long ball football. He only got the Stoke job as he was part of a Icelandic constortium that took over the club - murder - absolute murder.

God help us if true.

I would be gutted with him.

His reputation is that he plays boring long ball football. He only got the Stoke job as he was part of a Icelandic constortium that took over the club - murder - absolute murder.

God help us if true.

As a Stoke fan who saw a lot of games with him in charge I agree with pretty much all of the above.

He wasn't exactly murder as he got Stoke promoted (then promptly quit!) but he's definitely a fan of the long ball. Mind you, it was the English 1st Division so not much room for pretty passing.

No doubt Taz

Problem is around this time last season people were saying the same thing.

We've "been in transition" now since Burley left.

Just heard his name mentioned on talk 107.Doesn't fill me with enthusiasm and I don't think the old firm will have their eyes open in amazement!!Probably just another puppet whose desperate for a job!!:(

There are some fans, many on here, who will doubtless be unhappy with whoever we get.

I'm not going to prejudge anyone, nor comment on any rumours as it's just a waste of time TBH.

Its Say in the Article McGlyn was a one of the "7 Managers" since Vlad took over,did'nt think temp charge for a few gaames made you a manager!

Who's Article MGlyn?

There are some fans, many on here, who will doubtless be unhappy with whoever we get.

I'm not going to prejudge anyone, nor comment on any rumours as it's just a waste of time TBH.

There were many on here who were highly critical of Burley's appointment! No further comment required!

Hagar the Horrible

Great i can just hear it now, Ex Iceland manager get former Farmfoods manager as his number two!

Complete and utter failure at MOST places he has been at. Gets sacked quite a lot...theres another couple of boxes ticked

:)

If he'd managed in Lithuania or allegedly had sex with a minor I'd say he's ticking all the right box's.

He was the manager of my local team over here(IK Start) a couple of years ago,needless to say it ended in tears,hope there is nothing in this

Toxteth O'Grady
There were many on here who were highly critical of Burley's appointment! No further comment required!

Correct

Whoever we get deserves a chance

anyone else read this

former Stoke manager Gudjon Thordarson, now with Akranes, is a candidate for the Hearts manager's job. (Daily Express)

who is he?

and is he any good?

StrikersInstinct
Yes, on here last night.

Non starter.

His qoute today: "I think this is the case of the media just coming up with some random name with no substiantal to it at all. I have not been in contact with Hearts and I have not applied for any job. I am currently the IA Akranes manager and I intend to continue my job there."

Non starter.

His qoute today: "I think this is the case of the media just coming up with some random name with no substiantal to it at all. I have not been in contact with Hearts and I have not applied for any job. I am currently the IA Akranes manager and I intend to continue my job there."

Fair enough.

Cheers for the info SI.

Competely random name to come up with though!

Non starter.

I could kiss you for posting this.

OHHH ERRRRR. :cheers:

Why is it so difficult for us to get a manager that we look in the Turkish league for an Icelandic ?

Why are we looking in the Turkish league? Akranes are an Icelandic side :Blond-Moment:

I think he would be worth a shot.

My next comment might be more controvesial though. We are told we intend to form a title-winning side: If that is the case, then one of the most important criteria on my list would be that he is NOT SCOTTISH.

A Scottish manager knows from experience that Rantic always triumph in the end. More crucially, the Chick/Murdo/Leckie's of this world would have his ear, and he would be subjected to comments of the "If Hearts win the league, I will personally buy George Burley a case of Champagne" ilk.

My ideal manager would not be Scottish, preferably not British but would have experience of the British game. This guy's history may be chequered, but he has these qualities.

I feel this may be pointless though, as I doubt Vlad will appoint anyone other than a lackey.

StrikersInstinct
http://www.fotbolti.net/fullStory.php?id=56985

This would appear to rubbish the story, however if one of our resident Icelandic members wants to translate feel free.

Strikersinstinct over to you!

Its the story which appeared in the Express. Thordarson has again denied this saying "where does the media come up with this thing."

Archived