Yuk!! (Mhank content)

Professor.Arturo

I remember the Neil Berry testemonial when Hearts wore the all Tartan strip, far nicer than this peice of Celtic trash.

markletissier

they play in green and white.....why have a white away kit. absolutely pointless.

ring-of-fire

"central to the new uniform is the celtic tartan, which features on both the shoulders of the shirt, and in the shorts. The tartan, in the clubs own tartan, represents the Scottish home of celtic football club, and the colours of pine green, white and yellow gold reflect the clubs cherished irish roots"

I just spewed on my living room floor. It too was pine green, white and yellow gold.

The People's Chimp

Tartan shorts? God they're rank. They look like something romanov would have had us playing in if his mania had gone unchecked.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I'm not very clued up on my irish history, but why do Celtic not accept the Orange on the Irish flag? Is it some kind of refusal to accept Protestants or was the Irish flag originally Green/White/Gold? Genuine question.

I'm not very clued up on my irish history, but why do Celtic not accept the Orange on the Irish flag? Is it some kind of refusal to accept Protestants or was the Irish flag originally Green/White/Gold? Genuine question.

The Green White and Gold Flag is actually the flag of County Offaly (At least for GAA purposes).

It could be that the Irish roots that all these Celtic fans are celebrating just happen to all trace back to that one single sparsely populated county in west Leinster.

Warning Crap Pun imminent

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

But that would be an Offaly strange coincidence

I've got my coat already. I'll see myself out

I remember the Neil Berry testemonial when Hearts wore the all Tartan strip, far nicer than this peice of Celtic trash.

That's one of the best Hearts strips I own.

The Celtic strip is just as disgusting as the club itself.

I P Knightley
But that would be an Offaly strange coincidence

I've got my coat already. I'll see myself out

Oh my God!!

SouthParkKenny.gif

they KilKenny

Commander Harris

the former.

"The Irish Tricolour is intended to symbolise the inclusion and hoped-for union of the people of different traditions on this island"

obviously this is such a distasteful idea to some that they have to wipe the orange out and use another colour.

"Down to modern times yellow has occasionally been used instead of orange, but by this substitution the fundamental symbolism is destroyed."

"Often different shades of yellow, instead of orange, are seen at civilian functions. This misrepresentation of the National Flag should be actively discouraged."

http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/attached_files/Pdf%20files/The%20National%20Flag.pdf

NoseLikeMahe

I think the top is ok.... The shorts are absolutely rank tho.

Interesting history lesson on the flag there... Cheers for that.

Rust Cohle

I've never understood why Sellick continually get away with tops like this. As a previous poster mentioned, their home strip is green and white, so why have they got a white away strip? Aside from losing the green, where's the change in that? They've also in the past couple of years had green away strips.

Surely the purpose of having change kits is to avoid colour clashes with other teams, will that ain't gonna happen if your change kit is the same bloody colour as your home kit!

On the subject of the strip, shorts are rank.

Well I'm going to break the trend and say it's not that bad. I was expecting worse after reading the OP. What I don't like about it is it seems a desperate attempt to make the club 'Scottish', which is about time because I've been looking at the map of Ireland for years and never once noticed 'Glasgow' on it.

I wonder if this is the club thinking that this is showing everyone else that they are doing something to tackle the sectarian element in their support. Make a tartan strip and ignore the nutters in the stands.

I've never understood why Sellick continually get away with tops like this. As a previous poster mentioned, their home strip is green and white, so why have they got a white away strip? Aside from losing the green, where's the change in that? They've also in the past couple of years had green away strips.

Surely the purpose of having change kits is to avoid colour clashes with other teams, will that ain't gonna happen if your change kit is the same bloody colour as your home kit!

On the subject of the strip, shorts are rank.

Celtic really only clash with Hubs.

Hibs wear their green home/yellow away, Celtic wear their white away/green home.

Shelliks new 'international away kit'

Complete with 'Tim tartan'

Warning, do not view if eating

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/Lawrie_g/Picture1-4.png

:boak:

So that'll be the usual SPL home kit , SPL away kit , and an innernashunal kit - in tartan. I've got this vision of the Sellick team taking the field in a Euro tie doing a sort of Glesga Riverdance in their new tartan outift. :39:Those shorts are mingin'.

Features on the neck one of Jock Steins famous quotes.

"I HAD A ROUGH IDEA" :peek_by_Andrin:

Only kidding mods.

'?20 each way on the favourite'. Older fans know :shifty:

pine green, white and yellow gold reflect the clubs cherished irish roots"

the former.

"The Irish Tricolour is intended to symbolise the inclusion and hoped-for union of the people of different traditions on this island"

obviously this is such a distasteful idea to some that they have to wipe the orange out and use another colour.

"Down to modern times yellow has occasionally been used instead of orange, but by this substitution the fundamental symbolism is destroyed."

"Often different shades of yellow, instead of orange, are seen at civilian functions. This misrepresentation of the National Flag should be actively discouraged."

http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/attached_files/Pdf%20files/The%20National%20Flag.pdf

Cheers.

Archived