popstars @ fitba

dunxjambo

ricky ross (deacon blue) tynecastle V dundee united, the lads from west life tynecastle V hibs

Sandy remember that old wrestler Bert something or other, that went years ago, home and away, seem to remember he got lost in Kille once;)

stuart adamson of big country @ scotland game in the late 80's.

some eejit set fire to his hair! :devil-smiley-029:

He was at Hearts V Rangers match around that time too.

Also Gordon Brown having a post match pint in Balmoral Bar circa early 90's. Sure it was versus Dunfermline but know he's a Rovers man so maybe it was them.:confused:

he was also in the Tynie Arms before a Hearts / Dumfy game even though he was off the drink at the time ..

I have met Stuart a few times, RIP STU.

I never seen him, but my Brother-in law said Jim Kerr adopted Hearts for a while and went to Tynie to watch games when he stayed in Edinburgh many moons ago.

He is a Celtic man as we all know though.

Sandy remember that old wrestler Bert something or other, that went years ago, home and away, seem to remember he got lost in Kille once;)

it would be nice to return to those days lou,, good old bert

I have met Stuart a few times, RIP STU.

Was a good friend of Stuarts for many years,and still friends with his family.

One of the nicest guys you could meet.Went to many a game with him,even a Wembley when we both took our sons...great times indeed!

Still miss him.

One of the nicest guys you could meet.Went to many a game with him,even a Wembley when we both took our sons...great times indeed!

Still miss him.

was friendly with H who worked in Tapertoories (spelling ) and used to go upstairs for the jam sessions and live acts-always a good night and a warm welcome

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I seem to remember Westlife at Tynecastle watching Alan Maybury v Celtic.

Why wasn't Karapidis around then to belt them in the face with the ball? :sad:

was friendly with H who worked in Tapertoories (spelling ) and used to go upstairs for the jam sessions and live acts-always a good night and a warm welcome

Tappie Toories,it was Stuarts idea to call it that,it means high spires.Upstairs was Mrs Mirrys,taken from a Burns poem.

The place is now full of nutters,wide berth to be taken.Shame really,when Stuart and Sandra opened it,it was a great wee pub....happy days!

I seem to remember Westlife at Tynecastle watching Alan Maybury v Celtic.

Why wasn't Karapidis around then to belt them in the face with the ball? :sad:

That was v Hobos (2-0 Hearts) A new year game.

Tappie Toories,it was Stuarts idea to call it that,it means high spires.Upstairs was Mrs Mirrys,taken from a Burns poem.

The place is now full of nutters,wide berth to be taken.Shame really,when Stuart and Sandra opened it,it was a great wee pub....happy days!

Hey Eggo,

I worked in Tappies for about 6 months or so many years ago.

Weirdly enough its another Stuart Adamson that owns it now, No comment about him or his 2 sons. ( after legal advice that is)

catherine zeta jones in gorgie road years ago, I mind it was a derby long before the gorgie stand went up.

wi that reptile Leslie. Mind she was well tidy

"His name is John Leslie, that talk o the toon..

He's sh*****g Ulrika, but holden her doon...."

broxburnjambo

Still miss him.

Having not long got back from seeing the Alarm at The Gathering, Big country were mentioned by many people down there.

Stuart and the lead singer Mike Peters were good friends and The Alarm, have been known to belt out a few Big Country tracks.

There is a small rumour, that Mike Peters could join Tony, Bruce and Mark for a couple of gigs.

The link below is from The Alarms forum, where its discussed briefly.

http://thealarm.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2411014361/m/3941082203

Bert Royal? Think he had a younger brother who was a wrestler as well.

Bert Royal? Think he had a younger brother who was a wrestler as well.

My grandad Tom Fenwick apparantly was his doopleganger and was referred to as Bert constantly by everyone, including his own family.

Archived