Macdonald as ref

dkmmgcycbwc

.. against Hearts v Celtic at Parkhead.

When did Hearts actually last win a game that he refereed in his own totally unbiased style? Anyone know? A draw with Gretna almost 2 years ago, a win v Livingston about 6 months before that, any advance?

When did Hearts actually last win a game that he refereed in his own totally unbiased style? Anyone know? A draw with Gretna almost 2 years ago, a win v Livingston about 6 months before that, any advance?

Yes, it will be interesting, Richmond on Saturday certainly gave us our fair share, however it looks like normal service will resume.

you are fecking kidding me ! I've already brought tickets for the game ! NO point in going through now, the man is a joke and i truly expect the worse when he refs us. I thought we have never win a game when he was in charge ? (cup final aside)

I also remeber him in the final not givng rudi a pen because he had seem im dive in OTHER GAMES ! What chance does miko have with this clown !

I think that MacDonald has refereed 2 Hearts victories in 17 games; the Cup Final on penalties & one at Livi 2 during our 8 wins in a row & a run of 10 SPL games without a win for them.

McDonald was the ref at Darkheid when Celtic won the title in 06 by failing to award a penalty for an assault on Bednar by Balde. His excuse after the game was that he was too far away to give it. This is a bit strange as the ball went out for a goal kick and if Balde had made any connection with the ball it would have gone into the stand for a throw in.

Strange that months later in the Cup final he was able to deny Skacel a penalty from about the same distance away by saying that Main had not made any movement to bring him down - he must have went to specsavers in between then eh?

he is without a shadow of a doubt the worst ref ever i have ever witnessed..................brines,freeland and underhill inc.............

Check out LondonHearts website for the stats. I did this about a year ago and it was something like 6 wins 9 draws and 8 defeats. McDonald didn't referee at Tynecastle for well over a year after the Levein bust-up IIRC.

Check out LondonHearts website for the stats. I did this about a year ago and it was something like 6 wins 9 draws and 8 defeats. McDonald didn't referee at Tynecastle for well over a year after the Levein bust-up IIRC.

It works out as follows:-

2000/2001 - W1 D1 L0

2001/2002 - W0 D0 L3

2002/2003 - W1 D2 L1

2003/2004 - W1 D1 L0

2004/2005 - W0 D2 L2

2005/2006 - W1 D3 L1

2006/2007 - W0 D2 L2

2007/2008 - W0 D1 L1

Overall it's 26 games 4 Wins, 12 Draws and 10 Losses.

Hearts have only won 15% of their games officiated by MacDonald.

If you exclude the Cup Final in 2006 (draw after 90 min); the last win under MacDonald was 11 Sept 2005; 4-1 v Livingston.

2000/2001 - W1 D1 L0

2001/2002 - W0 D0 L3

2002/2003 - W1 D2 L1

2003/2004 - W1 D1 L0

2004/2005 - W0 D2 L2

2005/2006 - W1 D3 L1

2006/2007 - W0 D2 L2

2007/2008 - W0 D1 L1

If you exclude the Cup Final in 2006 (draw after 90 min); the last win under MacDonald was 11 Sept 2005; 4-1 v Livingston.

Excluding the 2006 cup final. MacDonald has officiated 15 Hearts games since 2003/2004 Hearts winning the one at Livingston 1-4. This appears to coincide from the time of the spat with Levein at Rugby Park.

Would be interesting to find out how MacDonald has refereed Dundee United games since Levein has become their manager.

John

Hearts should do a St. Mirren and ask for the cretin to be removed, we know the SFA will say no but it would bring our complaints against the poor standard of referees in Scotland to the fore. I would even go as far as to forfeit the game to make the point to FIFA.

Would be interesting to find out how MacDonald has refereed Dundee United games since Levein has become their manager.

Since October 2006 when Levein was appointed; Utd have Won 1, Drawn 2 and Lost 3 under MacDonald.

Interestingly when officiating H*bs it has been:-

2000/2001 - W1 D0 L1

2001/2002 - W2 D1 L2

2002/2003 - W1 D1 L1

2003/2004 - W0 D1 L2

2004/2005 - W1 D1 L0

2005/2006 - W1 D3 L1

2006/2007 - W1 D0 L2

2007/2008 - W2 D0 L0

Overall it's 25 games 9 Wins, 7 Draws and 9 Losses.

2000/2001 - W1 D1 L0

2001/2002 - W0 D0 L3

2002/2003 - W1 D2 L1

2003/2004 - W1 D1 L0

2004/2005 - W0 D2 L2

2005/2006 - W1 D3 L1

2006/2007 - W0 D2 L2

2007/2008 - W0 D1 L1

It could only happen here. Absolutely disgusting

Since October 2006 when Levein was appointed; Utd have Won 1, Drawn 2 and Lost 3 under MacDonald.

Interestingly when officiating H*bs it has been:-

2000/2001 - W1 D0 L1

2001/2002 - W2 D1 L2

2002/2003 - W1 D1 L1

2003/2004 - W0 D1 L2

2004/2005 - W1 D1 L0

2005/2006 - W1 D3 L1

2006/2007 - W1 D0 L2

2007/2008 - W2 D0 L0

Overall it's 25 games 9 Wins, 7 Draws and 9 Losses.

Although not damning proof these facts/stats would initmate that there is something in MacDonald's refereeing that should be looked at.

John

2000/2001 - W1 D1 L0

2001/2002 - W0 D0 L3

2002/2003 - W1 D2 L1

2003/2004 - W1 D1 L0

2004/2005 - W0 D2 L2

2005/2006 - W1 D3 L1

2006/2007 - W0 D2 L2

2007/2008 - W0 D1 L1

Thanks for that information.

Now, the penalty count might be quite interesting.

One for Hearts v Livingston I think, another when he chickened out of sending off Rangers French centre half for a a foul on MDV in front of goal, but a hell of a lot against including one in a League Cup Semi and one in a Cup Final.

As for the denied penalty claims you'd need a new Website to accommodate them...

The fact that a Hibs season ticket holder can referee a Hearts game beggars belief, but sums up the cretins in charge of Scottish football. He cannot in any possible way be completely detached and neutral. However, this guy goes beyond this. He is blatantly biased and an outright cheat. It's a scandal.

I thought McDonald was the ref for the 4-2 game against falkirk at the end of the year when they scored that goal that was about 4 yards offside,aside from that i can't stand him as a ref,if you look over my post history you will see that but he reffed us at ibrox recently when Kurskis juggled the ball into the net and if i am totally honest he wasn't too bad that day iirc.

nanananananana-angus

Has McDonald ever reffed an Edinburgh Derby before?

I can't remember him doing one although I could be wrong.

The thing is ,if not, it seems a bit odd that one of our supposed top refs (and from Edinburgh)has never been given the Derby.Could it be the SFA knowing about his hobo allegiances consider that giving him a Derby would be, when it comes to taking the **** out of Hearts, a step to far.

Or perhaps the SFA just don't trust him not to make a complete arse of himself and his employers in front of a national tv audience.

Although not damning proof these facts/stats would initmate that there is something in MacDonald's refereeing that should be looked at.

John

You understate the case massively

Hearts Record in all competitions over the same period is

Pld: 354, W 157, D 80, L 117

With McDonald It is

Pld: 26, W 4, D 12, L 10

This gives us a reasonable size sample

Without McDonald

Pld 328, W 153, D 68, L 107

This gives us the control Sample

If we take the hypothesis to be that MacDonald's refereeing affects hearts ability to win games then the antihypothesis would be that the results of Hearts games are independent of whether MacDonald is refereeing or not

Were the Antihypothesis true it would mean that the observed sample would be a random selection from the same population as the control.

26 games selected at random from the 328 game control sample would be expected to average around 12 wins. WIth a 90% probability that the number of wins would be between 8 and 12

The Probability of 26 games chosen at random from the 328 games played over the period containing less than 5 wins is 0.087% (1 in 1155).

The antihypothesis can be discarded

The hypothesis is proved.

With McDonald It is

Without McDonald

If we take the hypothesis to be that MacDonald's refereeing affects hearts ability to win games then the antihypothesis would be that the results of Hearts games are independent of whether MacDonald is refereeing or not

Were the Antihypothesis true it would mean that the observed sample would be a random selection from the same population as the control.

26 games selected at random from the 328 game control sample would be expected to average around 12 wins. WIth a 90% probability that the number of wins would be between 8 and 12

The Probability of 26 games chosen at random from the 328 games played over the period containing less than 5 wins is 0.087% (1 in 1155).

I briefly studied statistics but that is a truly impressive analysis. You could pass it onto tabloids but I doubt that they'd be able to find a journo who could understand the figures.

To summarise your findings, there is a 1 in 1155 chance that DMcD is not a cheating tosser.

Famous Hearts

Additional Mc Donald cheating against us that I can recall:

Sending off two Hearts players v Kilmarnock (most biased performance of all time)

sending off Brellier at Tannadice

sending off Maybury v livy (for kicking the ball aggressively..)

not sending off a Hibs player for professional foul (1-1 game 04/04)

I'm sure there is many more that could be added..

I can't remember him doing one although I could be wrong.

Did he not do the League Cup game at ER last season? No need for anything too controversial that day as we played so badly.

Toxteth O'Grady

With McDonald It is

Without McDonald

Nice work Topcat

You should send that to the GFA

There is only a 1 in 1155 chance that Dougie McDonald is a fair referee

or it is 99.913% certain that he is a cheat.

Only in Scotland!

OK, I've said it before and I'll say it again

I know somebody that went to school with McDonald. He has boasted to his Hibee mates about dreaming of awarding a penalty against Hearts in a derby.

The guy has an agenda. The stats prove it. FACT

Lets face it, with the best will in the world how "neutral" could any of us be if we reffed a derby?

Doesnt mean he isnt a *****. But not only is he fighting being a *****, he's fighting human nature....

I.

He was the ref in the 1-1 game at easter road in 2nd of Jan 2005. It was the game where riordan got a pie thrown at him after he scored and then we came out the 2nd half and murdered them for 30 mins. Paul Hartley scored for us during that period. Hibs finished the game strongly

It was de vries and maybury's last game for us.

The Old Tolbooth

With McDonald It is

Without McDonald

Superb work TC, basically boiling down the to fact that Mcdonald is a cheat.

Now, whats the stats for free kicks and penalties awarded for the old firm against the rest of the league? ;)

Incidentally if Hearts win on Saturday that figure moves from 0.087%(1 in 1155) to an ever so slightly less damning 0.231% (1 in 433) otherwise it moves to 0.054 (1 in 1860).

• 2 weeks later...

Having a cyber-argumant on another forum....can anyone say who our opponenets and results have been in the MacDonald games?

If it's on London Hearts, I can't find it :(

Just did a quick search as I'm sure I'd seen a list posted on here but couldn't find anything.

It must have been on the 'old' board.

Short of trawling through the London Hearts site I'm stumped mate.

Short of trawling through the London Hearts site I'm stumped mate.

:(

Me too.

Somebody reckoned the stats would have more credibility if the games weren't all against 'good teams' - then quoted the OF and Hobos :laugh:

Archived