Plaque to be replaced

robbodog

dont take this the wrong way,

but yeah good move by hearts but it certainly shouldnt be hearts doing it it should be aberdeen.

how hard can it be to track down who they sold tickets too and ban them for life whilst offering to replace the plaque,and making a donation to the cry.

Although the club has it's detractors abusing the playing side. The business and PR side are doing a great job. Pleased for the family, after what must have been a heart breaking find.Hope the Sheep fan is ashamed and makes a big donation. Find him and make him aware of how his petty action devastated the relatives.

The Aberdeen forum 'AFC Chat' have had members pledging funds for a replacement.

Edit: Just noticed that a Hearts fan has let them know to donate to the charity instead.

but yeah good move by hearts but it certainly shouldnt be hearts doing it it should be aberdeen.

how hard can it be to track down who they sold tickets too and ban them for life whilst offering to replace the plaque,and making a donation to the cry.

I actually think this is great gesture by Hearts. They are replacing the plaque, but then recommending any money raised be donated to the charity. As a result, the charity, who are very important to the family will get some additional donations

I actually think this is great gesture by Hearts. They are replacing the plaque, but then recommending any money raised be donated to the charity. As a result, the charity, who are very important to the family will get some additional donations

wasnt my point rossi and yes it is a great gesture by hearts i would never expect any less.

just that aberdeen should be hanging these cretins out to dry imo.

wasnt my point rossi and yes it is a great gesture by hearts i would never expect any less.

I would hope that Aberdeen will still chase them up, and at the very least make a club donation to the charity

Nelly Terraces
I would hope that Aberdeen will still chase them up, and at the very least make a club donation to the charity

Spot on. They should do both of those things, and combine their donation with that of the AFC chat site.

Think I'll stick a few quid that charity's way as well. :)

Maybe let the charity have the buckets out at the next game vrs aberdeen.

Great idea. Hope you let the club have this suggestion.

john brownlee

Talk 107 are doing a pledge for a new plaque

As for aberdeen its a bit late after the barn door has been shut and the sheep has bolted

I really cant see aberdeen doing much more than a after thought gesture I mean how long have they ignored their causual toubes, low life dons the FF lot of them.

Hate their fans whereas I pity hobos

It is a good gesture by Hearts,but lets hope this clown gets caught and name and shame him and make him pay a hefty donation to the charity

I agree. With all seater stadia, the onset of modern ticketing "What is your name sir?" which means that each ticket is branded AND CCTV should mean that we could catch the low life that did this.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Yobs destroy tragic 6-year-old's Hearts tribute

A MEMORIAL plaque dedicated to a Hearts fan who died at the age of six has been vandalised by football yobs.

The parents of Cameron Strathie had the plaque fixed to his season ticket seat at Tynecastle.

The youngster died from the same heart defect which recently claimed the life of Motherwell footballer Phil O'Donnell.

But when his dad John, 43, went to the stadium on Saturday, he was disgusted to see the plaque had been wrenched off and thrown away.

The inscription on the seat had read "Cameron Strathie, Forever a Jambo 2/8/99 - 7/1/06".

Mr Strathie and his wife Deborah, 33, blame Aberdeen fans who were in the Gorgie stand during Tuesday night's CIS Cup semi-final between the Dons and Dundee United. The game was marred by missiles being thrown from both ends and is being investigated by the SFA.

Mr Strathie, from Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, said: "I was sickened to my stomach. Whoever did this must have known it was in memory of a wee lad."

Whilst the person who had that seat may be a likely suspect, it's possible that someone else did it on their way in or out, so unless caught on camera we'll never find out.

Very sad for the family to have their child's memorial spoiled like that. Unbelievable.

Whilst the person who had that seat may be a likely suspect, it's possible that someone else did it on their way in or out, so unless caught on camera we'll never find out.

Very sad for the family to have their child's memorial spoiled like that. Unbelievable.

A really bad thing to do. Hopefully the perpetrator is is full of remorse for his/her senseless act.

aberdeen fc should be replacing it not hearts

I beleive that what goes around comes around

Hopefully the guilty party gets something that really hurts

aberdeen fc should be replacing it not hearts

I beleive that what goes around comes around

Hopefully the guilty party gets something that really hurts

It is a horrible thing that has happened and Im happy its goign to be replaced.

However, It really isnt Aberdeens fault, they never intended for this to happen, shouldnt they be targarting te seat number given to the person and make them fork out for the bill and if they dont, ban him for life?

Cause if a Hearts fan did this, would we be blaming the club? Its the individuals fault not the clubs.

Rudolf's Mate

In all honesty, I wouldn't want their money to replace something which is obviously so special. It's better than HMFC did it. If they do catch the person then they should fine them and donate the money to the charity/hospital.

It is a horrible thing that has happened and Im happy its goign to be replaced.

However, It really isnt Aberdeens fault, they never intended for this to happen, shouldnt they be targarting te seat number given to the person and make them fork out for the bill and if they dont, ban him for life?

Cause if a Hearts fan did this, would we be blaming the club? Its the individuals fault not the clubs.

No-one is blaming Aberdeen, we are just surprised they did not do the right thing and offer to replace it, their supporters are doing the right thing though, by collecting for the charity on their messageboard

No-one is blaming Aberdeen, we are just surprised they did not do the right thing and offer to replace it, their supporters are doing the right thing though, by collecting for the charity on their messageboard

Yeah I agree witht hat, the message board have did a very generious thing by collecting for charity.

The supporter who did this should be banned from Aberdeen home and away games, its a sick thing for someone to do and very juvenile.

The Aberdeen forum 'AFC Chat' have had members pledging funds for a replacement.

Edit: Just noticed that a Hearts fan has let them know to donate to the charity instead.

fair play to them. a gesture from the club would go a long way too.

I am sure Stirling will find time to condemn the actions of this moron with the same ferocity as his verbal attack on Miko.

:rolleyes:

Fxxx the SPFL

A sad day when some moron does this, unfortunately the sheep who was in that seat may not have actually ripped the plaque off it could have been anybody in that row or in front or behind when leaving the Stadium.

:mad:

Miller Jambo 60
Talk 107 are doing a pledge for a new plaque

As for aberdeen its a bit late after the barn door has been shut and the sheep has bolted

I really cant see aberdeen doing much more than a after thought gesture I mean how long have they ignored their causual toubes, low life dons the FF lot of them.

Hate their fans whereas I pity hobos

Lowest of the low a wee boys death cant even get in to that vermins head.

Dons are horrible people:mad::mad::mad:

Lowest of the low a wee boys death cant even get in to that vermins head.

Dons are horrible people:mad::mad::mad:

Their fans are no worse or better than most of the teams in the SPL, ours included:)

Archived