Slagging off players on Kickback....

Martin_T

Does posting anything on KickBack actually achieve anything???

Its a fans forum where fans can post their opinions on the happening on and off the field whether they are negative or positive.

jamboinglasgow

that is a good question, I think it is only posistive in the way it allows people to release their pent up angry rather then shouting at the player personally.

Does it achieve anything positive at all? Discuss:

Disclaimer: I know we have all been guilty of it!:eek:

it makes me feel better .... Elliot GTF!;)

It roots out the hobos. Have a look at the votes on the 'who can leave right now' thread of yesterday. The ones that voted almost everyone out (or in HoGs case every single person including the guy who cleans out the bogs) are undoubtably hobos.

Apart from that no, it doesn't really achieve anything unless the point is to have us at each other's throats.

It's what a football forum is all about!

However on here it is ridiculous in fact neigh, it's bloody embarrassing at times!

Basically it is down to frustration.

I do believe most posters who have a pop at Elliot and Neilson are loyal Hearts fans who want to see their team doing well.

Non of us are managers however, if you go along to all the games we can all see with our own eyes who the weak links in the team are. To the vast majority the likes of Elliot and Neilson are blatantly not good enough however we don't pick the team so we have no control.

All we can do is gnash our gums on here or make our feelings known at matches.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

News , views and opinions

What's stoping or maybe they do already , current players posting on JKB

Mind you Robbie Neilson probably takes the urine out of himself anyway .

no, not in relation to the individuals concerned (Miko, robbie et al).

might help certian KBers from beatin up the wife & kids on a regular basis by venting their spleen on here. :)

criticism of a positive nature always works, but the negative stuff never does.:sad:

It probably doesn't achieve anything, but then again does praising them on Kickback achieve anything? Nothing that you can ever say on Kickback will ever achieve anything, but that isn't why it's there - it's a debate forum, people giving their opinion is the whole point. That said, some people go a bit over the top about it - you get the feeling that with, for example, Callum Elliot, some people would rather have him remain pish and be proved right than see him turn good and prove them wrong.

Anyway, it's better than talking about furniture or something all the time.

that is a good question, I think it is only posistive in the way it allows people to release their pent up angry rather then shouting at the player personally.

Yeah agree with that.

I would much rather come on here, say my true feelings for certain players and get my anger out.

Instead of abusing said players at the games.

So what I am saying is that I prefer to be two faced. Support them at a game then slag them off behind their back.:confused:

Nelly Terraces

Does it do any harm? Does it do any good? Who the fk cares?

It's a bloody website you can come onto and gob off about football and stuff. Not the ***** UN debating chamber.

GTF hobos.

There, I feel better now.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

It's a bloody website you can some on and gob off about football and stuff. Not the ***** UN debating chamber.

GTF hobos.

It's more important than the UN debating chamber

Colonel Kurtz

It's a bloody website you can come onto and gob off about football and stuff. Not the ***** UN debating chamber.

GTF hobos.

Said Ambasador Adlai Stevenson

No. Never have and never will!!

chester copperpot
Yeah agree with that.

I would much rather come on here, say my true feelings for certain players and get my anger out.

So what I am saying is that I prefer to be two faced. Support them at a game then slag them off behind their back.:confused:

The perfect answer my ginger youngster.

I never ever vent my anger at the players, however this site gives me a good valve to release any frustrations about performances and the general running of our club.

Have also met a few cracking lads who have given me some bonzer info on some behind the scene stuff at hearts.

Harry Kinnear
No. Never have and never will!!

Should that not be Has rather than Have?

When you are fed up slagging players you can always indulge in some grammatical nit picking. Come to think of it if we were in both cups, Europe and top of the league that's all we would have left to discuss

chester copperpot
Should that not be Has rather than Have?

When you are fed up slagging players you can always indulge in some grammatical nit picking. Come to think of it if we were in both cups, Europe and top of the league that's all we would have left to discuss

That made me laugh so it did.

It doesn't matter what we were doing on the pitch, some people would still be able to start an argument in an empty room.

Yeah agree with that.

Thats it in a nutshell for me and i see nothing wrong with it.

Nelly Terraces

It's brilliant. You get to call folk '*****' and get away with it.

Look: Clum Elliott = ****. hobos = **** MONSTERS.

Easy.

NT

Any players who play for Hearts are fair game when it comes to praise and also the knocks from fans.

Its the venom of abuse and how personal some of the attacks are that I find rather poor show.

You dont have to get personal to put across how much you dont rate a player.

I dont understand how so many people always slate neilson week in week out wen, not so long ago, our right back and captain was gary locke, he was ***n awful,neilson like any player has off games, but for most of the season is consistent and can do his job.

Does posting anything on KickBack actually achieve anything???

Its a fans forum where fans can post their opinions on the happening on and off the field whether they are negative or positive.

Exactly what i was going to write.

Anyone who thinks the players do not read what is posted on here is kidding himself and abusing our own players certainly does the confidence of the team no good at all in mo.CMON THE HERTZ!

I don't boo players at matches but I do not hold back from posting my opinion here. On a matchday, booing a player coming on will NOT spur him on to perform.

What I will say is that I do not post anything here that I would not say to a players face.

If the players don't like it, they should not read this forum.

Anyone who thinks the players do not read what is posted on here is kidding himself and abusing our own players certainly does the confidence of the team no good at all in mo.CMON THE HERTZ!

Well if Elliot and the rest of the wage thiefs are reading this please do the decent thing and move to another club.

Thanks.

bigbryanthejambo

Suppose it makes us feel better about the wages that players like Neilson and Elliot are picking up every week for very little skill and in Elliots case....even less effort!

Does it achieve anything negative at all? Discuss:

Guest S.U.S.S.

threads where the op tells people to discuss like some school teacher yet does not give their own view on the matter.

discuss;)

threads where the op tells people to discuss like some school teacher yet does not give their own view on the matter.

discuss;)

Forgetting to capitalise your sentences, discuss::o

Still failing to give your opinion on your op? sad.

:eek:

Yeah I've often shirked giving opinions on Kickback mate.:eek:

My personal opinion is this. If a player or players read kickback(and I am sure there are those that do) and get upset at the criticism posted on them on here then all I can say is that they need to find another job and quickly.

If they have any sense they will ignore and just concentrate on playing the game that they are in the majority well paid for.

I wish it was me who was wearing the Maroon jersey and being criticised on kickback for my ability or lack of it as it would mean I was playing for the Hearts.

John

Guest S.U.S.S.
Yeah I've often shirked giving opinions on Kickback mate.:eek:

So do you have an opinion on the op or not?

Or are you just looking to up your post count?

So do you have an opinion on the op or not?

Or are you just looking to up your post count?

Don't you currently have around 3 times my post count? What exactly is wrong with canvassing others opinions before formulating my own?

For what it's worth, the original post was meant to be semi-rhetorical. I have posted numerous times in the past in defence of the likes of Elliot and Mole who cop most of the flak on here. As it seems to me that for whatever reason, the young players at Hearts receive the most vociferous criticism. This would appear to be the polar opposite of what happens at Hibs where young players receive encouragement, which aids their development and the financial benefit the Hobo's have received is there for all to see.

All that said, if criticising players online were to put a stop to the ridiculous booing of our own players at Tynecastle then I'd be all for it, sadly it doesn't.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Don't you currently have around 3 times my post count? What exactly is wrong with canvassing others opinions before formulating my own?

For what it's worth, the original post was meant to be semi-rhetorical. I have posted numerous times in the past in defence of the likes of Elliot and Mole who cop most of the flak on here. As it seems to me that for whatever reason, the young players at Hearts receive the most vociferous criticism. This would appear to be the polar opposite of what happens at Hibs where young players receive encouragement, which aids their development and the financial benefit the Hobo's have received is there for all to see.

All that said, if criticising players online were to put a stop to the ridiculous booing of our own players at Tynecastle then I'd be all for it, sadly it doesn't.

Can't see what my post count has to do with yours.:cool:

As for the real content of your post, i think the reason Elliot gets abused is because he is not very good.

Bitching and moaning about it will not help him but neither would training with Henry. The fact is he is gash.

That said, people abusing him will certainly not bring out whatever talent he may have.

We support them at the matches and if necessary we moan about them here. I find the unexceptional and incessant moaning of some posters rather grating as there is no balanced opinion to go with it, but other than that I'm ok with having a crack at underperforming individuals or the team.

Yup.

Elliot is playing badly because of us cyber bullies.

Leave him alone and he'll be our 20 goal man a season no problem.

Yup.

Elliot is playing badly because of us cyber bullies.

Leave him alone and he'll be our 20 goal man a season no problem.

Would he play better with encouragement or criticism?

My personal opinion is this. If a player or players read kickback(and I am sure there are those that do) and get upset at the criticism posted on them on here then all I can say is that they need to find another job and quickly.

If they have any sense they will ignore and just concentrate on playing the game that they are in the majority well paid for.

I wish it was me who was wearing the Maroon jersey and being criticised on kickback for my ability or lack of it as it would mean I was playing for the Hearts.

John

Plus you cant really take a lot of the more unhinged criticisms that seriously

Would he play better with encouragement or criticism?

This is a discussion board. People discuss things here. That's the whole point. Whilst at a game, I don't think that shouting abuse at a player can have anything other than a negative impact, but if players are going to read a board which the whole purpose of is to allow fans to vent their views, they've got to be prepared for a bit of criticism from time to time.

On that basis, if he's reading the board, it may well knock his confidence, making him play more badly - but if he thinks that a bit of criticism might affect him in that way, he shouldn't be reading the board in the first place.

Archived