Old Trafford(NON Hearts)

kearney19

Oh, and I've sat in the same stand as you, in the top tier. Atmosphere was alright, Alan Smith scored for Leeds in a 1-1 draw.

Go to the Red Cafe for lunch if you can.

And I hope your team gets destroyed.

:)

MackaysCentreSpot

I am sure you will have a great time at the game Kearney mate.

May the team who score the most goals win..........;)

I've been just once - with my Spurs-supporting brother to an FA Cup tie eleven years ago. Inside, the stadium is simply awesome: the United fans made barely any noise at all (and the few that did were met with a chant of "where in Cornwall are you from?" from the away section), but what alarmed me was the volume of the PA system and music before the game. It was literally awe inspiring, but also a bit scary: at that moment, I think I was able to understand how tens of thousands of people can be made to think and act in the exact same way.

It's i pit. You should go into Manchester and catch a game at Eastlands

Eastlands is definitely impressive - but whoever designed the acoustics there wants shooting! They're appalling: chants just disappear into the air, and the place is simply too big and too open. Before Uncle Thaksin appeared on the scene, I thought Eastlands had become a massive millstone around City's neck: the club mortgaged the ground against future ST sales, which were inevitably falling in the face of an awful team, which had no chance of improving thanks to MCFC being up to their knees in debt. And to make matters worse, the atmosphere at home games was so funereal that City seemed to have no advantage playing at home at all.

That's largely changed now - but City were very, very lucky to find an owner with pockets as deep as Mr Shinawatra, and there remains the question of what happens if the team deteriorates again.

this_is_my_story

Have to say, I have the feeling the OP is full of sheeite, having seen some of his other fantasist threads. Post some photies Mr Kearney and prove us doubters wrong. Otherwise, **** off to flumps.net where you'll be more than welcome, given their liking for all things mythical.

Enjoy the swamp, remember to take your malaria tablets. If you get the chance after the game leave the subarbs of Trafford and head into Manchester for a curry in Rusholme. Great food and good prices if you like your curry.

I thought Eastlands had become a massive millstone around City's neck: the club mortgaged the ground against future ST sales, which were inevitably falling in the face of an awful team, whic.

I'm sure Man City were given the staduim for free by the council as part of the Commonwealth games bid. Part of the deal was the staduim had to have a use after the deal as part of planning permission being given. In return Maine Road was given to the council for building housing on. Hence why the Utd fans call it the council house.

Have to say, I have the feeling the OP is full of sheeite, having seen some of his other fantasist threads. Post some photies Mr Kearney and prove us doubters wrong. Otherwise, **** off to flumps.net where you'll be more than welcome, given their liking for all things mythical.

Im planning on posting some photos on Sunday when i get the chance to.

Thank you again fro everyone who has given me tips for Saturday, hope I come back having a decent time, anyone whos sat in the top tier, would you say its better than behind the goals?

jambolass1000
WOW!

What a game to be going to for the first visit. Lucky you.

When Arsenal beat the Mancs then that'll be the title in the bag for the Wenger Boys. I never used to like Arsenal under George Graham but now they are wondeful to watch and had the redcurrent tops last year. The link with the true Arsenal of the north is complete.

Can't wait to watch London Hearts beat Manure.

Its the FA Cup this weekend, so the title is not in the bag yet!!! Man Utd are the team everyone wants to beat.

Im going on Saturday for Manchester United V Arsenal, never been before, just like to know whats its like from people that ahve been with prices of food etc and everything else.

Thank you.

Have got a ticket too and cannae wait , even though have been several times before.

Prices aren't too bad but there's not much drinking wise - any pubs nearby are rammed (forget O'Neills !!). Some pubs down by the cricket ground are good but still busy. If you fancy a laugh and a trip to the 19th century go to the bowling club at the Lancs cricket ground.

Eastlands is definitely impressive - but whoever designed the acoustics there wants shooting! They're appalling: chants just disappear into the air, and the place is simply too big and too open. Before Uncle Thaksin appeared on the scene, I thought Eastlands had become a massive millstone around City's neck: the club mortgaged the ground against future ST sales, which were inevitably falling in the face of an awful team, which had no chance of improving thanks to MCFC being up to their knees in debt. And to make matters worse, the atmosphere at home games was so funereal that City seemed to have no advantage playing at home at all.

That's largely changed now - but City were very, very lucky to find an owner with pockets as deep as Mr Shinawatra, and there remains the question of what happens if the team deteriorates again.

I wasn't aware of that. Eastlands is awesome to look at but i take your point about atmosphere. It isn't a patch on what used to come out of the Kippax and North stand at Maine road.

Thank you again fro everyone who has given me tips for Saturday, hope I come back having a decent time, anyone whos sat in the top tier, would you say its better than behind the goals?

Have been in the top tier of the (north ?) stand - knackered after the climb and it is very steep up there. Great view though. This weekend I'll be in the corner of the Stretford End , lower tier.:1022:

Old trafford is a **** hole, save yer money and go to ellend road to see super leeds :P:p:p:p:p:p:p

for such a big leeds fan you'd have thought you could spell the name of the stadium correctly:plooks like another season in division THREE for the super leeds:1022:

I've been several times, the most memorable to see them play Juventus and Rangers in the Champions League. The Rangers game was whilst en-route to Bordeaux to see Hearts IIRC. It's a nice stadium but the curry pies are rotten. :P

Been to Old Trafford twice. Once against Norwich and more recently (2 seasons ago I think, for the league game against Arsenal)

Being top tier does your camera have a powerful enough lens :P

for such a big leeds fan you'd have thought you could spell the name of the stadium correctly:plooks like another season in division THREE for the super leeds:1022:

bloody spellchecker :):)

Been to Old Trafford twice. Once against Norwich and more recently (2 seasons ago I think, for the league game against Arsenal)

Being top tier does your camera have a powerful enough lens :P

Which Norwich game, neobis? Was it the early season one in August 2004 - or back in the mid-90s?

I'm sure Man City were given the staduim for free by the council as part of the Commonwealth games bid. Part of the deal was the staduim had to have a use after the deal as part of planning permission being given. In return Maine Road was given to the council for building housing on. Hence why the Utd fans call it the council house.

It's complicated. Yes, they did receive the stadium for free - but only because they believed they could securitise it through future ST sales. They took their long-term customer base for granted, basically - but as the team began to struggle, so behind the scenes, the board began to seriously panic. That's why they were so keen to bring Thaksin on board: beggars can't be choosers, and without such a rich benefactor, City would've been where Newcastle are now, and maybe where Leeds are within a few years too.

I've been down a few times, it's really an awe inspiring stadium. Definitely in the top 5 in Europe, top 10 in the world. The atmosphere can be poor, but what do you expect for a game against Fulham or Portsmouth? Thats like complaining about a poor atmosphere at a Falkirk or St Mirren game.

I went for a Gooners game once, the place was rocking after Veron put United 1 up. Missed Scholesy's goal due to a call of nature, but I managed to get out in the aftermath and it was some celebration.

One thing I've noticed, is HN1F seems to be sitting in the United end. I have strong suspicions that hardened Tottenham casuals may be the least of his worries.

WOW!

What a game to be going to for the first visit. Lucky you.

When Arsenal beat the Mancs then that'll be the title in the bag for the Wenger Boys. I never used to like Arsenal under George Graham but now they are wondeful to watch and had the redcurrent tops last year. The link with the true Arsenal of the north is complete.

Can't wait to watch London Hearts beat Manure.

Thats a fairly Hibs-style mentality there.

There are no clubs like Hearts.

Anywhere.

Unless Villa are the Hearts of the Midlands, West Ham the Hearts of East London too.

It's i pit. You should go into Manchester and catch a game at Eastlands

So good, they had to get United fans to pay for it.

Soul-less at best.

Old trafford is a **** hole, save yer money and go to ellend road to see super leeds :P:p:p:p:p:p:p

Manchester United v Arsenal or Leeds United v Tranmere.

I know which I'd prefer.

My tickets for the top tier- been at work all day and night so just had the chance to see it, would rather have been closer to the pitch, think they might swap it round for me?

Thank you everyone(except the usual suspects) for their help on Old Trafford, much appreciated!

No, you got tickets for a game that has sold out.

Stop moaning.

scott herbertson

I was there for the Man United Dundee United UEFA cup game in 1984

(how times have changed)

Paul Sturrock, David Narey, Paul Hegarty, Ralphy Milne

2-2 simply magnificent , D U should have stuffed them on the night and how I wished it was Hearts I was watching there!

I've been down a few times, it's really an awe inspiring stadium. Definitely in the top 5 in Europe, top 10 in the world. The atmosphere can be poor, but what do you expect for a game against Fulham or Portsmouth? Thats like complaining about a poor atmosphere at a Falkirk or St Mirren game.

I went for a Gooners game once, the place was rocking after Veron put United 1 up. Missed Scholesy's goal due to a call of nature, but I managed to get out in the aftermath and it was some celebration.

One thing I've noticed, is HN1F seems to be sitting in the United end. I have strong suspicions that hardened Tottenham casuals may be the least of his worries.

Im in the Arsenal end, not the Man U end.

And Neobis- Nokia N95 8GB, camera is very very good!

Will take soem stunning pictures, going to try and ahve a look at lowe level before the star of the game as I get there 2 hours before kick off, should be a great day.

Sadly it's full of the fans of Man Yoo ****, so therefore that takes over everything else. Away end is tucked away in a corner a la Parkeed. You will find the fans very very quiet unless things go well,and even then it is short sporadic bursts. I went once and it was a draw.

Im in the Arsenal end, not the Man U end.

And Neobis- Nokia N95 8GB, camera is very very good!

Will take soem stunning pictures, going to try and ahve a look at lowe level before the star of the game as I get there 2 hours before kick off, should be a great day.

I think i am correct in saying that the away fans dont get to sit in the top tier,i would check your tickets again.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I think i am correct in saying that the away fans dont get to sit in the top tier,i would check your tickets again.

I think you are correct. The away fans get stuck in the bottom left corner of the picture below.

I'm sure teams only get access to the bigger stand for FA Cup games.

I could be wrong though.

newoldtrafford.jpg

I think you are correct. The away fans get stuck in the bottom left corner of the picture below.

I'm sure teams only get access to the bigger stand for FA Cup games.

I could be wrong though.

newoldtrafford.jpg

Thats what i thought as well but it is an fa cup game so who knows?.

this_is_my_story

I'll no hold ma breath then...

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Thats what i thought as well but it is an fa cup game so who knows?.

Right enough :doh:

They will have the Top Tier then.

Right enough :doh:

They will have the Top Tier then.

I was at a United v Arsenal cup tie a few years ago at Old Trafford.

The Arsenal fans were given the same allocation as they were at the league game I attended several weeks earlier.

When the West and East stands were one tier, away fans got the whole stand for FA Cup games, thats a changed policy now.

Plus, I don't see United offering up a whole stand to Arsenal, which could then lift them for the game.

I'm going on Saturday as well, got my sister in laws ST's in the Stretford End. I'm hoping that neither team will want a replay so will be pretty gung ho in their approach. Certainly can't see Utd being as dire as they were last Sunday especially with Rooney back but could go either way really.

Arsenal (like Spurs in the last round) have sold 9,000 tickets for the match :

Manchester United v Arsenal, Saturday 16th February, kick off 5.15pm

In accordance with the FA Cup rules, Arsenal Football Club will receive an allocation of approximately 9,000 tickets located in the East Stand Tier 2 and South East Quadrant (traditional visitors section).

Unfortunately, as a result of this One Year Season Ticket Holders will not on this occasion be afforded the right to purchase a ticket for this match. We understand the disappointment this will cause but ask that should you wish to be considered for a ticket the following process applies:

One Year Book Holder’s should call now on 0870 442 1994 to register an application for this game, the lines are open from 8am to 8pm and applications will close at 8pm on Friday 8th February.

To establish if your application has been successful please call back on Tuesday 12th February. We can assure you that we are making every effort to accommodate as many One Year Book Holders a ticket to this game as we have on all previous occasions.

In closing, I would like to offer my assurance that for those Supporter’s that are not successful for tickets, this game will not form part of any future priority sales.

If you require any further assistance regarding this matter, please telephone 0870 442 1994 and one of our advisors will be able to help.

Kind Regards

Steven Hall

General Manager

Ticketing & Membership Services

Randle P McMurphy

I was at Man Utd v Lille a couple of years back. Terrible game and the atmosphere was pretty flat, still a good experience though.

I was there with my 2 boys about 3 hours before the game and there were already thousands of folk milling around. You can get parked at the ground fairly easily though it is a nitemare getting out again.

It is a huge commercial enterprise designed to extract the maximum amount of cash from you, even the pubs nearby charge you to get in.

Keep your eyes on Ronaldo during the warm up, he starts out shuffling like an old woman, then just gradually gets more and more fluent as he warms up. Also Ferdinand was pinging passes from the half way line to the goal line, he must have hit about 50 passes all landing within about 3 feet of each other, the trainer barely moved.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I was at Man Utd v Lille a couple of years back. Terrible game and the atmosphere was pretty flat, still a good experience though.

I was there with my 2 boys about 3 hours before the game and there were already thousands of folk milling around. You can get parked at the ground fairly easily though it is a nitemare getting out again.

It is a huge commercial enterprise designed to extract the maximum amount of cash from you, even the pubs nearby charge you to get in.

Keep your eyes on Ronaldo during the warm up, he starts out shuffling like an old woman, then just gradually gets more and more fluent as he warms up. Also Ferdinand was pinging passes from the half way line to the goal line, he must have hit about 50 passes all landing within about 3 feet of each other, the trainer barely moved.

Shame Ferdinand was aiming for the corner flag then!;)

The Arsenal fans were given the same allocation as they were at the league game I attended several weeks earlier.

When the West and East stands were one tier, away fans got the whole stand for FA Cup games, thats a changed policy now.

Plus, I don't see United offering up a whole stand to Arsenal, which could then lift them for the game.

Yes Arsenal have the full stand.

Walter Bishop

plus I don't see United offering up a whole stand to Arsenal, which could then lift them for the game

They dont have a choice its a cup game they are entitled to this amount of tickets!!

Archived