Old Trafford(NON Hearts)

kearney19

Im going on Saturday for Manchester United V Arsenal, never been before, just like to know whats its like from people that ahve been with prices of food etc and everything else.

Thank you.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

I was there last year

Old Trafford simply takes the breath away , amazing place to watch and

no doubt play football . If a pro cannot raise his game in frony of 75K fans

in such an awesome arena then there is something wrong .

Leave yourself plenty of time for a look around

Visit Lou MacCari's chip shop , have a pint inside a football ground and

get your hiking boots on if your seat is on an upper level

I am not a Man U fan but ws well impressed

Enjoy

Oh i it's pricey but thats why they are the richest club in the world .

Take your wallet for the club superstore it's about the size of Asda at Chesser

Sexton Hardcastle

lucky boy. Should be good. I was suppose to go to Arsenal Newcastle but a cockup at the airport made us miss our flights. Emirates is ?8 for a burger meal my aunty said. She was shocked when i told her its a pound 30 for a pie up here.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
lucky boy. Should be good. I was suppose to go to Arsenal Newcastle but a cockup at the airport made us miss our flights. Emirates is ?8 for a burger meal my aunty said. She was shocked when i told her its a pound 30 for a pie up here.

I hope Romanov dosen't get any funny ideas , ?7:50 for a pie in the new

stand might just seem like a bargain to him .

WOW!

What a game to be going to for the first visit. Lucky you.

When Arsenal beat the Mancs then that'll be the title in the bag for the Wenger Boys. I never used to like Arsenal under George Graham but now they are wondeful to watch and had the redcurrent tops last year. The link with the true Arsenal of the north is complete.

Can't wait to watch London Hearts beat Manure.

portobellojambo1
Im going on Saturday for Manchester United V Arsenal, never been before, just like to know whats its like from people that ahve been with prices of food etc and everything else.

Thank you.

Never been to Old Trafford since early 1970's. Ended up in Stretford End, turned into a mass battle.

The prices for food etc are ok i would say, not too outragous, plus they sell bottles of bud! ;)

Try avoiding taking the car if possible and if you do try to avoid parking it near Old Trafford. 20,000+ vehicles all leaving at the same time after the match means you'll wait well over an hour before you even get moving. We parked in a neighbouring industrial estate and had to pay a tenner for the privelage before getting stuck on the way out.

Enjoy yourself anyway, hopefully you catch them on a good day.

Never been to Old Trafford since early 1970's. Ended up in Stretford End, turned into a mass battle.

A mass battle?

So it's not just Scottish football that has fan-related religious problems....

MacDonald Jardine
WOW!

What a game to be going to for the first visit. Lucky you.

When Arsenal beat the Mancs then that'll be the title in the bag for the Wenger Boys. I never used to like Arsenal under George Graham but now they are wondeful to watch and had the redcurrent tops last year. The link with the true Arsenal of the north is complete.

Can't wait to watch London Hearts beat Manure.

I doubt an FA Cup game will have much effect on the title.

Zali Cinnamon

It looks nice and everything but I found it a bit underwhelming when I was there in the Newcastle end a few weeks ago. The atmosphere is terrible outwith the Stretford End - even when Manchester Utd are winning. It's just a bit false, very geared towards corporate clients and football tourists as you'd probably expect.

Didn't get any food there but a pint wasn't any more expensive than expected. Transport from the stadium to the city centre is excellent though.

Do you ever go to Hearts games?

Well yes I am a season ticket holder I go to as many home games and away games as possible, is it a crime to go to an odd Arsenal game?

And thank you everyone so far on help!

I went down last year but there was a ******-up with the tickets and two of us ended up watching the game in the pub at the top of Sir Matt Busby Way (the Trafford Arms?).

Couldn't believe that with 15 minutes to go the people were streaming out of the ground, not just a few either, i'm talking about hundreds.

Traffic after the game is a nightmare as well.

Make sure you don't miss the last train from Carlisle, wouldn't want you to have to sleep rough again.:eek:

Im getting a lift from Dumfries and back! ;)

Well yes I am a season ticket holder I go to as many home games and away games as possible, is it a crime to go to an odd Arsenal game?

And thank you everyone so far on help!

Well you must be very fortunate to be so wealthy at your age.

Old Trafford is immense.

Me and my Dad went a couple of seasons ago to see them against Fulham. We arrived at the ground at 11am for a 3pm kick-off and it was already busy. It really does take your breath away.

I recommend walking behind the main stand just beside the railway line. It really is an odd place. Well I found it odd anyway.

Inside was just riciculous. We were able to have a couple fo pints inside the ground (Although you ain't able to take them into the seating area.

I sat just to the side of the tunnel and it really was something.

I didn't think the atmosphere would be anything great but it was immense for a home game aginst Fulham.

Father Tiresias

I've not been in Old Trafford since the 80's.

I was on a training course and went one Wednesday to see United play Southampton in a cup tie.

There was me from Edinburgh, a guy from Dundee and a guy from Glasgow.

Gordon Strachan got absolute pelters the whole game from these 2 enourmous bruisers standing being us.

Scotch git, Scotch barsteward, Scotch everything!!!!

I don't think the 3 of us uttered a word to each other for 90 minutes!!!!

Been a couple of times.

Seen Arsenal beat them 1 nil a while back, Adams that day was the best defender I've ever seen.

Seen them against AC Milan last year great atmosphere, was like watching subbuteo men from where I was sitting.

Still no the Hearts though........

loveofthegame

OT is absolutely class. Can't believe you got tickets to such a massive game, what a trip you'll have.

Its not exactly cheap for food but it never really is at any football ground. Take a trip into the club shop if you get the time its brilliant. If you're in Manc for a night out an all head for Tiger Tiger and all the clubs/pubs round that area(Ask a taxi driver!)- thats what we did and had a riot.

Oh and ignore Tobias, dunno what his grievance is with trying to hijack your thread. I'm a 20 year old student, have a season ticket, go to most away games and also been down south for a few games. Im not rich just work around uni and spend my ?? wisely. No need to be such a knob about it TF

OT is absolutely class. Can't believe you got tickets to such a massive game, what a trip you'll have.

Its not exactly cheap for food but it never really is at any football ground. Take a trip into the club shop if you get the time its brilliant. If you're in Manc for a night out an all head for Tiger Tiger and all the clubs/pubs round that area(Ask a taxi driver!)- thats what we did and had a riot.

Oh and ignore Tobias, dunno what his grievance is with trying to hijack your thread. I'm a 20 year old student, have a season ticket, go to most away games and also been down south for a few games. Im not rich just work around uni and spend my ?? wisely. No need to be such a knob about it TF

Anyone else and I'd be fine. The OP just has a reputations for...tall tales.

:nooo:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
The museum is very impressive.

Aside from that i felt it was a bit soul-less.

Agreed, I went to the Museum when I was around 16. Very good tour.

Never been to a game at Old Trafford.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Did Eboue give you free tickets since he hit you with the ball and offered a formal apology?

I was there on Sunday for the derby, atmosphere was something else, dont know about prices of pies etc as i was in hospitality, i would get there early as they all seem to go a few few hours before KO, we used the tram system which although was really busy was excellent.

It's i pit. You should go into Manchester and catch a game at Eastlands

maybe people want to see trophies ;);)

I doubt an FA Cup game will have much effect on the title.

DOH! I just had a Hobo moment.:confused: LOL

Me being such a goooooner and aw that.:1022:

great pub at back off old strettford end stand (west stand i think) sure its a weatherspoons,cheap for grub and drink plus great atmosphere..................

worth visiting the museum in the north stand.think its about ?6ish to get in but well worth it..........................

we parked at old trafford cricket ground,think it was a fiver and only 10mins from the ground,stacks of spaces if you are there early enough.........

great superstore at bottom of east stand with all sorts of man utd gear so take your credit card...................

my advice would be to get down atleast 3 hours before kick off and pack all the above into your day,it was well worth it....................

should take you under 2'5hrs from dumfries easily,enjoy your day...........

Only been to Old Trafford once. Easter holidays 1987. A pal came to Edinburgh as a student and I turned him into a Jambo. He invited me down to the game in Manchester.

Notts Forrest got beaten 2-0.

The Forrest centre half got sent off 25 mins into the second half. Old Cloughie wouldn't let him go for a shower, but sat him down on the bench. He called one of the vendors over and bought a bag of crisps, which he opened for the big lump and handed them over like it was to his grandchild. He then patted the lad's head and gave him a hug and seemed to say something along the lines of "you win some you lose some".

Now that's the kind of manager we need. Doing that and winning the European Cup (twice).

Been a few times with my brother and son. It's amazing. Like others have said you need to be there a good few hours before the game starts. It wasn't too pricey when we were there (certainly nothing near ?8 for a pie).

I like the notices at the bottom of the stairs telling people with tickets in the top tier who have a heart condition to contact a steward. It is a bit of a hike but the atmosphere was bril. Got to meet a few players afterwards (Scholes and Van Nistelrooy) which topped off the day.:)

maybe people want to see trophies ;);)

If thats all they're interested in they wouldn't be on a hearts forum.

I was there Dec 05 to see a 1-1 draw with Everton (Mcfadden, Giggs).

Nice stadium but there was no atmosphere, apart from the clicking of cameras from all the tourists around me, most of whom were visting from .... the 'Orient'!

Arthur Albiston did a lovely Hob Nob though.

Buffalo Bill

Guest S.U.S.S.
I was there Dec 05 to see a 1-1 draw with Everton (Mcfadden, Giggs).

Nice stadium but there was no atmosphere, apart from the clicking of cameras from all the tourists around me, most of whom were visting from .... the 'Orient'!

Arthur Albiston did a lovely Hob Nob though.

Buffalo Bill

So thats where they were, i was in during the match and waited 25 mins for my starter.:)

Was there 10 days ago for the Man U v Portsmouth game.

Amazing arena - atmosphere poor - very corporate feel to everything - that amazing Ronaldo freekick - got rat-ersed in hospitality afterwards - Ronaldo got wheeled in to corp hospitality for the drunks like me to shout mild abuse at and the women to get decidedly moist over.

Footie for me is never the same if you dont support either team playing.

:)

If you are going by car, park at Lancs Cricket Ground.

The 'unofficial' car parks are not that safe. Don't park on Salford side.

Best bet is park in city centre and get tram to Exchange Quay.

Abosolutely hate the place. Worked there a few times and the supporters really are the **** of the earth. CoM stadium is better and easier to work.

Anyone else and I'd be fine. The OP just has a reputations for...tall tales.

:nooo:

Change the record, you and your buddy Heartski have a pure obsession with everything I write on this site.

So quit with your little side comments and stick to the original topic of the thread as your posts are boring and always a snipe at myself.

So if you have a problem with anything I write dont post it ona thread im looking for help with.

Been a few times with my brother and son. It's amazing. Like others have said you need to be there a good few hours before the game starts. It wasn't too pricey when we were there (certainly nothing near ?8 for a pie).

I like the notices at the bottom of the stairs telling people with tickets in the top tier who have a heart condition to contact a steward. It is a bit of a hike but the atmosphere was bril. Got to meet a few players afterwards (Scholes and Van Nistelrooy) which topped off the day.:)

My tickets for the top tier- been at work all day and night so just had the chance to see it, would rather have been closer to the pitch, think they might swap it round for me?

Thank you everyone(except the usual suspects) for their help on Old Trafford, much appreciated!

My tickets for the top tier- been at work all day and night so just had the chance to see it, would rather have been closer to the pitch, think they might swap it round for me?

Thank you everyone(except the usual suspects) for their help on Old Trafford, much appreciated!

Your welcome pal.

Anymore help required just give me a shout. :)

Your not in that catagory.

MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Give Eboue my love) ;)

When is your TV appearance BTW? (Genuine question)

MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Give Eboue my love) ;)

When is your TV appearance BTW? (Genuine question)

Your not knowing, go hijack someone elses thread.

First visit was in 1975 (!) and I stood on a wooden terrace near (but not in) the Stretford End. The souvenir shop was two portacabins nailed together and you payed at the gate. I was just too young to buy a pint.

The last visit was three season back. There's a Witherspoons (The Bishop Blaize) near the ground that is guarded by some bouncers that demand money with menaces before you go in, but once inside the beer was as near as dammit a quid a pint :) The superstore was about nine storeys high (and apparently boasts an average spend per peron of around ?180 on a match day... multiply that by the >10k people that allegedly go through it on a match day and thats....squillions). I sat near the front of the third tier, looking more down on the play than across to it. Had a burger at HT - not the best of fayre but IIRC not a rampant rip-off.

Enjoy yourself. Heed the advice about parking nowhere near the ground though - the traffic after the game is truly horrendous.

Archived