Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Yeah, I reckon I could get around in a 2 ball in 3 - 3.5 hours. 

Availability is looking steady each day but I thought they'd try to entice more play for the locals by dropping the green fee a little more. I'm content to pay what they are asking as I could squander the cash on other nonsense. 

Yeah I thought they may have done something like £150 twoball. As you say, I'm fine paying the £94, I put the money aside anyway as I was always intending on playing it in June.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah I thought they may have done something like £150 twoball. As you say, I'm fine paying the £94, I put the money aside anyway as I was always intending on playing it in June.

I think a couple of the local courses (Crail being one) were granted an hours' slot for their members to play for £30 a head. Only second hand info so not sure how accurate this is. 

hmfc_liam06
12 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think a couple of the local courses (Crail being one) were granted an hours' slot for their members to play for £30 a head. Only second hand info so not sure how accurate this is. 

I'd imagine Lundin would have been included in such a deal and I know a load of members there, not heard anything.

Beginning to enjoy this two ball only situation. Played three times this week and never over 3 hours, and no waiting on any tees.

I know the dreaded fourballs wont be far away, so will need to enjoy while I can.

Also if anybody finds my putting stroke can they hand it back please.😟 seem to have lost it during lockdown.

Samuel Camazzola
35 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Beginning to enjoy this two ball only situation. Played three times this week and never over 3 hours, and no waiting on any tees.

I know the dreaded fourballs wont be far away, so will need to enjoy while I can.

Also if anybody finds my putting stroke can they hand it back please.😟 seem to have lost it during lockdown.

I think a lot of positive learnings are coming out of the changes. Spacings between tee bookings at 10 minutes is allowing folk to get around without hold ups and making it a better experience. This could remain although it means less slots available. 

I've always thought that 4balls before 10 (12 at weekends) should not be permitted. This could be a possibility for some clubs. 

I've struggled with the slow pace of the greens so you're not alone on the putting struggles! 😄 

22 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think a lot of positive learnings are coming out of the changes. Spacings between tee bookings at 10 minutes is allowing folk to get around without hold ups and making it a better experience. This could remain although it means less slots available. 

I've always thought that 4balls before 10 (12 at weekends) should not be permitted. This could be a possibility for some clubs. 

I've struggled with the slow pace of the greens so you're not alone on the putting struggles! 😄 

Cheers Sam. A pain shared is a pain halved, or maybe doubled :huh:

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

+1 for the twoballs, it's been great.

I'm out at 5 tonight, I'll be back in the house for 8.

I assume Lochgelly is accepting visitors and not restricted to members? Someone mentioned they were heading there for a game. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I assume Lochgelly is accepting visitors and not restricted to members? Someone mentioned they were heading there for a game. 

Yeah accepting visitors Monday to Friday. 

Only managed 2 holes tonight, I think I've broke myself :lol: 

Sharp pain in my left shoulder at impact on pretty much every shot. Hoping nothing to serious.

Club comps decimated. Summer singles, pairs & mixed comps all cancelled. Club champ only one round qual, top eight will vie for the title. Winter comps all brought forward.

joondalupjambo
22 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd imagine Lundin would have been included in such a deal and I know a load of members there, not heard anything.

Communition out to members for anything not that great at the best of times  and although we are hearing lots of rumours about Dumbarnie nothing official has come out.  Spoke to somebody close to the inner sanctum and they said we have been allocated 72 places but Pro said half of that.  Could be he was told the number of tee times and that would be 36 if only two balls.

I guess the club will be having to work out who can get to play and since everything is being done by Zoom meetings at the moment who knows how long that process will take.

30 quid is the cost mentioned but with all the uncertainty I am just going to book soon and play it for 94.  

Edited by joondalupjambo

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Communition out to members for anything not that great at the best of times  and although we are hearing lots of rumours about Dumbarnie nothing official has come out.  Spoke to somebody close to the inner sanctum and they said we have been allocated 72 places but Pro said half of that.  Could be he was told the number of tee times and that would be 36 if only two balls.

I guess the club will be having to work out who can get to play and since everything is being done by Zoom meetings at the moment who knows how long that process will take.

30 quid is the cost mentioned but with all the uncertainty I am just going to book soon and play it for 94=

You'd think they'd just do a register your interest email and then do a random draw.

Or the inner sanctum could just keep it to themselves :lol:

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You'd think they'd just do a register your interest email and then do a random draw.

Or the inner sanctum could just keep it to themselves :lol:

On your first point way too sensible.

On your second point I could not possibly comment😃

John mcCartney
11 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

my mob ave done a deal with the Dumbarnie geezers .(LGS) and local outfits should be reciprocated too
Its a days worth of teetimes done at a very generous rate altho im in fecking reserve list....aka no chance ¬
Happy paying the ton,just have to pinpoint the great day !

38 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Tiger Woods documentary on Sky Documentaries 

Its been ****in Tiger Woods for the last two days on Sky Sports Golf, nothing but him winning tournaments.

Not a great fan of his anyway so no golf to watch for me 😡 Totally bored  having to watch Cricket FFS!

Chilly start but another tremendous day for a game.   Decent +8 round of 77 after being +7 thru 8.    First double (caused by a septic tank) but only 1 double in 51 holes.   Think I've only 3-yakked the once anaw.    

Fully played in with no medals ahead.   *****.   :(

hmfc_liam06
12 hours ago, Irufushi said:

The greatest ❤️

Did you watch it? Thought it was pretty dull to be honest. Was expecting Jordan levels of documentary but it was pretty boring.

The Gorgie

Successful day at the range today 🤦

Bought new set of irons, well not brand new second hand Cobra king oversize, i won't name the company (just yet). Headed to the range after work and started working my way through them hitting really well and a massive improvement on my old irons in terms of distance and consistency. 3rd shot with the 7 iron the head snaps off and ends 60 yards down the range. Bad luck these things happen... 10 shots in with the 6 iron same thing happens. Angry and gutted. I went from having the most confidence I've ever had standing behind the ball to not wanting to hit them again. Hopefully i hear back from the company tomorrow, most likely Monday now tho.

hmfc_liam06

Out of nowhere an ugly high hook. 

Back to hating life/golf.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Out of nowhere an ugly high hook. 

Back to hating life/golf.

Sounds like it's a strike high in the face.   Unless you get up and out of the swing (high push normally),   if you stay down through the shot,   it tends to go left if hit high in the face.    Either the ball is a fraction too far back at the address or the backswing isn't getting enough width (picking it up steep).   Maybe your injury.

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sounds like it's a strike high in the face.   Unless you get up and out of the swing (high push normally),   if you stay down through the shot,   it tends to go left if hit high in the face.    Either the ball is a fraction too far back at the address or the backswing isn't getting enough width (picking it up steep).   Maybe your injury.

Probably a combination of all of that but mostly the injury, was definitely holding back and getting out of shape. Lot of ball marks higher on the club face too.

Few days rest now.

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Probably a combination of all of that but mostly the injury, was definitely holding back and getting out of shape. Lot of ball marks higher on the club face too.

Few days rest now.

Might as well.  Your previous good golf will still be a benefit.

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Did you watch it? Thought it was pretty dull to be honest. Was expecting Jordan levels of documentary but it was pretty boring.

Not watched it yet.

I’m out tomorrow for first time since October I think, could get messy, had planned on getting out sooner but work got in the way both before and after the easing of lockdown. Looking forward to it, just going out myself so I can relax and try to get everything back on track.

Sooperstar
On 04/06/2020 at 14:15, merrymac said:

Played twice this weekend. Carrick Knowe yesterday then Gleneagles today. Yesterday we were 3 hours. Was back home in Edinburgh within 3 and a half hours of teeing off this morning. Think a fair few clubs might start making certain times 2 balls only.

hmfc_liam06
49 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Played twice this weekend. Carrick Knowe yesterday then Gleneagles today. Yesterday we were 3 hours. Was back home in Edinburgh within 3 and a half hours of teeing off this morning. Think a fair few clubs might start making certain times 2 balls only.

It's much better.

Controversial but I'd completely do away with fourballs. 

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Its certainly worth thinking about.

The only issue is pressure on tee times.

We have a group of 8  normally require 2 times currently double that.

We normally have a large number of visitors at my course so can't see us changing.

Maybe up till 10am to get the course moving first thing

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It's much better.

Controversial but I'd completely do away with fourballs. 

me too Liam,nutn worse than stuck behind a foursome on safari.

Played 9 holes in an hour today, hit some good shots and a few poor shots, managed a couple of birdies, so not too bad for the time I’ve not played.

Hit 110 in my clubs championship. 86 was the cut. Normally I'm low 80's but had terrible back pain today.

10 on the third... scuffed my tee shot 5 yards to tee box rough. Scuffed the next one 5 yards to woman's tee deep rough. Lost it, dropped on ladies tee. Snap hooked into the deep. Penalty drop... chip and probably 3 putt.

12 on the 9th. Drove into rightside hillside woods. Second drive.... half swing sliced the same. Drop... wedge to dog leg.... overhit in left side burn. Drop... sliced approach into rightside burn... probably 3 putted.

That's where my game is at :(

Samuel Camazzola

Played 9 holes at the Kittocks yesterday. As expected, course in good nick. Speed of greens on the slow side but rolling pretty smoothly. These will improve when cut height lowers and they are played more. 

Torrance will hopefully re-open in the coming weeks. 

6 hours ago, Phage said:

Hit 110 in my clubs championship. 86 was the cut. Normally I'm low 80's but had terrible back pain today.

10 on the third... scuffed my tee shot 5 yards to tee box rough. Scuffed the next one 5 yards to woman's tee deep rough. Lost it, dropped on ladies tee. Snap hooked into the deep. Penalty drop... chip and probably 3 putt.

12 on the 9th. Drove into rightside hillside woods. Second drive.... half swing sliced the same. Drop... wedge to dog leg.... overhit in left side burn. Drop... sliced approach into rightside burn... probably 3 putted.

Mate after that its mibby time for taking bowls😁😁😉

3 hours ago, Jambo314 said:

Mate after that its mibby time for taking bowls😁😁😉

Lol my back would still hurt at bowls. Only reason I went out was to not let the other guy down in club champs

11 hours ago, Phage said:

I think my game is in the same position! Been out 4 or 5 times since we’ve been allowed and I’ve developed a slice off the driver or a duck hook and keep pushing my iron shots. Lessons at Kings Acre booked in!

joondalupjambo

Ok own up who is travelling more than 5 miles just to play golf 😀😀😀😀

Road blocks in Fife now apparently so do not head this way via a tourist route 😀😀😀

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Ok own up who is travelling more than 5 miles just to play golf 😀😀😀😀

Road blocks in Fife now apparently so do not head this way via a tourist route 😀😀😀

Going from Twitter, Stephen Gallagher played Dumbarnie last week. Somehow, I don't think he lives along that way. 😄

I doubt a bulk of Dumbarnie's visitors have come from Largo or Leven. 

joondalupjambo

Oh and Charleton Golf Club club house burnt to the ground last night.   Decent green fees though, they currently have a special of 250 a year.

'

joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Going from Twitter, Stephen Gallagher played Dumbarnie last week. Somehow, I don't think he lives along that way. 😄

I doubt a bulk of Dumbarnie's visitors have come from Largo or Leven. 

Remember it is only guidance, he maybe had his kid in the car while testing his eyesight 😀

Not that many playing it at the moment to be honest.  We are all local and booking 12 of us for early July, we have our pick of the tee times and days.  Until overseas visitors start again I reckon they will not be that busy.

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Oh and Charleton Golf Club club house burnt to the ground last night.   Decent green fees though, they currently have a special of 250 a year.

'

Wouldn't have taken long to burn as I'm sure it was a wooden structure. I can't recall if there was accommodation attached to it/upstairs too. 

A shame but I believe the course is still open and they are looking to source one of Scottish Golf's cabins. 

Samuel Camazzola
20 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Remember it is only guidance, he maybe had his kid in the car while testing his eyesight 😀

Not that many playing it at the moment to be honest.  We are all local and booking 12 of us for early July, we have our pick of the tee times and days.  Until overseas visitors start again I reckon they will not be that busy.

I 'crept over' the 5 mile guidance yesterday to play in St Andrews. 👍 

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I 'crept over' the 5 mile guidance yesterday to play in St Andrews. 👍 

In the dark with night vision goggles.

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

In the dark with night vision goggles.

Probably passed less traffic heading there than I do when driving two minutes to Morrisons! 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Wouldn't have taken long to burn as I'm sure it was a wooden structure. I can't recall if there was accommodation attached to it/upstairs too. 

A shame but I believe the course is still open and they are looking to source one of Scottish Golf's cabins. 

It was absolutely caked in grease too :lol:

joondalupjambo
52 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Probably passed less traffic heading there than I do when driving two minutes to Morrisons! 

Yeah we noticed going up to St Andrews for shopping that it was very quiet.  No students, tourists or open pubs I guess all mean low numbers going about.

19 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

2 hours for 18 holes on Gullane number 3 today. Love quick golf. 

That's quick!...low handicap time, 2 ball? 2:25 our time. Make hay, unfortunately it won't last.

On 06/06/2020 at 17:28, Mr 3 Putt said:

Successful day at the range today 🤦

Bought new set of irons, well not brand new second hand Cobra king oversize, i won't name the company (just yet). Headed to the range after work and started working my way through them hitting really well and a massive improvement on my old irons in terms of distance and consistency. 3rd shot with the 7 iron the head snaps off and ends 60 yards down the range. Bad luck these things happen... 10 shots in with the 6 iron same thing happens. Angry and gutted. I went from having the most confidence I've ever had standing behind the ball to not wanting to hit them again. Hopefully i hear back from the company tomorrow, most likely Monday now tho.

Sounds like you've been done like a kipper 😂