• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

No arguments there.

They've no interest in the little folk.

Total self interest and international level players is their full scope.

On another topic have you entered any opens this year?

I entered a few and apart from one had no communication about cancel/reschedule/refund.

Not great to be honest and nothing on club websites from what I can see, they still appear to be taking enties for opens in a couple of weeks time😟

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Liam,  as a committee member,   has your club had clear guidance from the government regarding whether or not they are allowed to allow access for collection of clubs before we all get the go-ahead to resume golf?    Our lot seems to be sticking rigidly to no access before there's a start date for golf,   as well as access ending when golf resumes.

My club simply contacted everyone to advise of two dedicated days where you could come along and collect them. If those dates were no good, you were to contact the club to arrange a date and time that could satisfy the member and keyholder. Simple. 

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Oh I wouldn’t be too sure 😂. Might have a wee chipping session in my flat tonight .

Watch you don't do a Thomas Bjorn! 😄 

3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

My club simply contacted everyone to advise of two dedicated days where you could come along and collect them. If those dates were no good, you were to contact the club to arrange a date and time that could satisfy the member and keyholder. Simple. 

Simple indeed.    

37 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Watch you don't do a Thomas Bjorn! 😄 

That was a belter that 😂

When I get on the course it will be a few clubs and 9 holes I think.    Even then I think I'll be toiling.    Must force myself to exercise in the build up to it.     

hmfc_liam06
5 hours ago, merrymac said:

I entered a few and apart from one had no communication about cancel/reschedule/refund.

Not great to be honest and nothing on club websites from what I can see, they still appear to be taking enties for opens in a couple of weeks time😟

A couple, not til August though.

hmfc_liam06

Wonder how much of this £7m Scottish Golf sees...then in turn how much the little man receives?

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Golf's on, gents!

Get the practice net out, we have lift off!!

1 hour ago, Bigsmak said:

No doubt it will snow next week

50mph winds and heavy rain a nap 😡

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

No doubt it will snow next week

55 minutes ago, merrymac said:

50mph winds and heavy rain a nap 😡

There will be not a single feck given. 

I'm playing in it regardless. 

24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There will be not a single feck given. 

I'm playing in it regardless. 

Good for you Bud. Enjoy whatever the weather, we have waited long enough !

Tommy Brown
On 20/05/2020 at 16:43, merrymac said:

I've got Downfield seniors on the 4th June. Not a peep from them.

They work a strict, no refunds policy.

As I found to my cost last season.

The bar stewards will probably put it on. I will be in hospital.

Not a cats' chance in hell of being on, surely.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Not a cats' chance in hell of being on.

Yeh I entered for the Downfield 4BBB early June.

I have got about 3/4 coming up in June, only one on the ball was Ratho, who offered next year, or refund, sensible approach IMO

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not a cats' chance in hell of being on.

Nothing serious I hope mate.

Best wishes anyway.

hmfc_liam06

@Victorian

From the SGU guidelines sent to clubs:

One-off appointments for members who need to retrieve equipment from the locker rooms and/or trolley store should be agreed in advance of booking a tee-time. The locker rooms will not be in use and the appointment would be to ensure safe removal of all equipment from the facility

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

@Victorian

From the SGU guidelines sent to clubs:

One-off appointments for members who need to retrieve equipment from the locker rooms and/or trolley store should be agreed in advance of booking a tee-time. The locker rooms will not be in use and the appointment would be to ensure safe removal of all equipment from the facility

Cheers.    Nothing in that to prevent clubs getting on with appointments and collections.    Yet still we await our lot getting on with it.     Apparently we have about 300 looking to do a collection.    Golf could resume from May 29,   so this all needs done in the next 6-7 days or possibly a little longer.    Hoping to see it start from Monday or Tuesday.

hmfc_liam06

It's not really clear from the guidelines if its members only play just now as well. Have any of your clubs communicated anything yet gents?

8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It's not really clear from the guidelines if its members only play just now as well. Have any of your clubs communicated anything yet gents?

Ours suggested it would be members only.    

16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nothing so far.Think it might be up to individual clubs re visitors.

Did receive an e mail last week from a club over the Border offering visitor tee times from £20.

Was tempted to steal a boat and sneak down the Forth and roond the corner 😂

37 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not yet, but I'd imagine it's already going to be an early rise and 7am scramble to book a slot online. The BRS page currently says you can only book 1 day in advance.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Cheers lads.

It's times like these I'm glad I play at a 150 member club :lol:

Get along to Leslie. They have four. 

3 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

I'm glad we have 3 at Gullane. And it will be members only to start. Nice

Do you play No3 much?

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Get along to Leslie. They have four. 

Heard that the other day, ouch!

hmfc_liam06

One to watch but teeofftimes.co.uk are selling visitor times despite courses not taking visitors, in fact, we've completely disabled visitor times from BRS yet somehow they ignore this and allow folk to book!

Will be on at them today!

Samuel Camazzola
38 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

One to watch but teeofftimes.co.uk are selling visitor times despite courses not taking visitors, in fact, we've completely disabled visitor times from BRS yet somehow they ignore this and allow folk to book!

Will be on at them today!

Our BRS has been adjusted to show 10 minute intervals and 9 hole bookings. (with both 9s in use) Gives more players opportunities to get on the course. 

I've heard Ladybank are limiting their members to three games a week. Surely if there's availability, they'll let a member play more. 

hmfc_liam06

Our BRS has been adjusted to show 10 minute intervals and 9 hole bookings. (with both 9s in use) Gives more players opportunities to get on the course. 

I've heard Ladybank are limiting their members to three games a week. Surely if there's availability, they'll let a member play more. 

Fortunately we can allow members to play as and when.

Golf Now look to be at it by allowing visitors to book though, Balbirnie is on there too btw!

The Mighty Thor
12 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We're waiting on Comms from the club but it's being touted as members only and 2 bookings per member per week initially until we see the size of the demand. 

That'll scupper the old feckers who piss and moan if they don't get 8.07 every day, cos we've always had it. Good! 

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We're waiting on Comms from the club but it's being touted as members only and 2 bookings per member per week initially until we see the size of the demand. 

That'll scupper the old feckers who piss and moan if they don't get 8.07 every day, cos we've always had it. Good! 

We are keeping 9-10 for seniors only, as a way of allowing them to play with less risk to their health.

I'm sure some will moan at that but I think it's the right thing for us to do.

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We are keeping 9-10 for seniors only, as a way of allowing them to play with less risk to their health.

I'm sure some will moan at that but I think it's the right thing for us to do.

It'll be slow rounds for those playing after 10 then. 😄

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

It'll be slow rounds for those playing after 10 then. 😄

Haha aye. They've always had Mon/Wed/Fri 9-10, we are just keeping it in place so that they can have their golf away from others who may pass something on etc.

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Haha aye. They've always had Mon/Wed/Fri 9-10, we are just keeping it in place so that they can have their golf away from others who may pass something on etc.

They should be at home shielding. The why I've had to stay in for 8 weeks. To protect these auld *****.

hmfc_liam06
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

They should be at home shielding. The why I've had to stay in for 8 weeks. To protect these auld *****.

As I said, it works for us as we've plenty tee availability. I realise it won't work for other clubs to block certain times.

We've been told Friday 29th is good to go and times can be booked tomorrow.   Members only.    Members limited in terms of frequency of play.

Samuel Camazzola
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We've been told Friday 29th is good to go and times can be booked tomorrow.   Members only.    Members limited in terms of frequency of play.

Likewise (booking window launches tonight with 9 hole options during the day). 

A message has again been circulated advising the clubhouse will remain closed but items in lockers can be collected via an appointment. 

Likewise (booking window launches tonight with 9 hole options during the day). 

A message has again been circulated advising the clubhouse will remain closed but items in lockers can be collected via an appointment. 

We were told 18 hole bookings only but if I'm half dead on the 9th I'll be going in.    Not played in 7 months and fitness has taken a clobbering over the last 2 months.    Going for a few long walks in prep.

16 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:
13 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

I'm glad we have 3 at Gullane. And it will be members only to start. Nice

Heard that you are only opening Gullane 1 to start with

Samuel Camazzola
18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We were told 18 hole bookings only but if I'm half dead on the 9th I'll be going in.    Not played in 7 months and fitness has taken a clobbering over the last 2 months.    Going for a few long walks in prep.

I think the initial 9 hole options are first thing in the morning (for the back 9) then in the evening on front 9.

Just purchased a new set of Wilson Launch Pad Irons,can't wait to try them out,will be booking Pumpherston for a round a week on Monday.

Everybody Loves Baz!

Or booking system is not opening until 8am Monday forthe Friday start.

Captain has also asked those who are retired or Furloughed who can play through the week to do so between 7.30am & 2pm and keep early afternoons, evenings & weekends so those still working have a fair chance of a game too. Those who try to block book or try and keep same tee times, or,  those who book and not turn up- they'll get blocked from using the booking system.

Edited by Everybody Loves Baz!

21 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Do you play No3 much?

I play it a lot - its a great course. Short but touch and always in great condition. I would argue that its greens are one of the best in east lothian. 

11 hours ago, merrymac said:

It was originally just No1 - but email tonight said all three courses

Tommy Brown
14 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think the initial 9 hole options are first thing in the morning (for the back 9) then in the evening on front 9.

I don't understand.

Why not have both 9s available together?

Apologies if I appear blatantly thick:thumbsup:

Samuel Camazzola

If you wish to play 18 holes at 7am, you can book this. However, an option is also available for someone to book 9 holes from the 10th at 7am. This allows more playing options for members and provides more booking opportunities. The 9 hole option will be available for a set window as people would be completing the first 9 after approx 1.5/1.75 hours. 

The 9 hole option at the end of the day has just been added as loss of daylight would prevent a full round being played. Every booking must be made via BRS, nobody can just turn up.