Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Samuel Camazzola

The Torrance at the Fairmont is in absolute immaculate condition. 👌🏼

Greens as smooth and true as snooker tables. Fairways like carpets. The course has been receiving extra care due to this week's final Open qualifier and the DP World Tour event next month. 

I recommend playing it whilst it's in this way. 👍 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rossaldinho
18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Anyone booked up for the Scottish Open?

We'll be there on the Sunday. 

Was lucky enough to get a couple of tickets in the ballot for the final day at The Open as well. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Anyone booked up for the Scottish Open?

Will see if I get a comp ticket for it. Managed a comp for the Open and the Senior Open at Gleneagles. 

Castle Stuart getting a second course, Tom doak design. Been bought over by some Canadian mob. Great to have another course being built nearby. 

Anyone after 2 x general admission tickets for the Sunday at the Scottish Open?  Drop me a message, my mate is selling a pair for £50.
Tickets can be emailed 👍🏼

44 minutes ago, OBE said:

Have ever had lessons, bud? My boys got me an hour with one of the local professionals, looking forward to it, but shiting masel, anaw. My long irons are what I need, and some tips inconsistent driving. I'll drive ma usually long and straight for a few weeks, then it'll go to pot and get worse trying to fix it. Nightmare.

36 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Have ever had lessons, bud? My boys got me an hour with one of the local professionals, looking forward to it, but shiting masel, anaw. My long irons are what I need, and some tips inconsistent driving. I'll drive ma usually long and straight for a few weeks, then it'll go to pot and get worse trying to fix it. Nightmare.

Aye, take 8 inches of each club and they'll fit in the bucket easier...:D

Never payed or asked for a lesson, but got one at Panmure. Grip, alignment, stance and posture was textbook, but belt buckle didn't finish facing the target, hence a couple of snap hooks. The touring coach Pro (can't remember name) sent me my video nasty. Seeing my weight, right foot and hips static through the swing was ugly...Video fixed me though...

No need to be shitting yourself, if the Pro can sort you out, he'll be like a dug wi twa cocks...and so will you...good luck...👍

Edited by OBE

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Try and get to the practice range and play a round soon after the lesson to try and get it to sink in.

Don't have a lesson and then not play for a few weeks. Which is what I've done in the past and any progress I'd made during the lesson was gone and I'd forgotten half the stuff I'd been told. 🤦‍♂️

rossaldinho
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I only started last year and had a driving lesson to fix my slice (got to the point the ball was like a boomerang and was going to start coming back round), a putting lesson, and general iron lesson from one of my local pro's and the difference in my play is night and day. Can find the fairway on most of my drives now, basically eradicated 3-putts from my game (bar the odd howler), and added about 20 yards onto each of my irons, all after a single lesson for each. He's got a cracking set up in his bay that has all the Trackman stuff - he takes videos and puts them side-by-side to the Trackman data and talks over it so you've always got a copy of it. 

What Ray Gin said as well - get playing as soon as you can after. I didn't play for a couple of months after my driving lesson and it went to complete shit when I played again but the fact he sends you a video makes it harder to forget what you've been taught...

Found out earlier this year he's a ST holder as well 😄

joondalupjambo

As I type this Gary Player at the grand old age of 86 is playing Lundin Golf Club.  His playing partner?  A one Dave King the ex Rangers Chairman.

Tommy Brown

Won a £60 voucher for 2nd in my age group in Pitreavie Seniors. Lost a ball at 17 or would have won my age group. 

Would have still been a sot shott of outright winner.

I will admit, I felt a bit of a bandit getting a 17 hcap. Slope is a huge 137 there.

But my index was 14.4, such was the hideous scoring this year.

Last 3 scores have had me back around the 12 mark. Game is getting steadier.

Another European course currently being ripped an new one. Lengthy Mount Juliet (7264 yards) scoring heading towards -20's again.

Scottish Open venue, Renaissance @ 7293 yards is lengthy also, but hearing recently, it's been toughened up considerably...we'll see...:brows:

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Another European course currently being ripped an new one. Lengthy Mount Juliet (7264 yards) scoring heading towards -20's again.

Scottish Open venue, Renaissance @ 7293 yards is lengthy also, but hearing recently, it's been toughened up considerably...we'll see...:brows:

The John Deere Classic on the PGA Tour is the same. - 19 after three rounds leads the way with a highly weakened field too. 

I had my first lesson today. It telt strange changing my swing, tho I did improve my irons (I was taking divets cause I was coming down on the ball) and straightened my drive, tho it felt less powerful. Hopefully I'll get the power back. If not I'll need to use longer irons than i usually do. 

My bunker play was top notch. First shot 6 inch fae the hole and the pro said "Well, that'll do us then" :rofl:Very enjoyable and was told that I'll not be a 21 handicap for long. Chuffed. 

Sorry if I'm boring you, but I'm buzzing being back playing.

Armageddon

Scottish Open tickets for sale if anyone is interested, drop me a message.

Thursday x 2 (£40 the pair).  Saving £40.  

Saturday x 2 (£60 the pair).  Saving £40.

Cheers.

Pasquale for King

So I got an ens today from the R&A telling me to drive or get a bus to the Open, not to use the train. Sounds like Scot Rail can’t put in extra trains or guarantee the emergency timetable. It will cost them millions over the week. 
Will there be extra buses, two hours at the best of times.

A bit of a pain tbh. 

Armageddon
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So I got an ens today from the R&A telling me to drive or get a bus to the Open, not to use the train. Sounds like Scot Rail can’t put in extra trains or guarantee the emergency timetable. It will cost them millions over the week. 
Will there be extra buses, two hours at the best of times.

A bit of a pain tbh. 

Sell the tickets and go to the Scottish Open instead (see my post above!)

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Sell the tickets and go to the Scottish Open instead (see my post above!)

I’ve only got the one, it has crossed my mind. I’m already heading down to the SO, I have friends that stay there I can Kip with if necessary 😂

19 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Tringale playing like peak Tiger right now

Or, Hogan or Nicklaus or Palmer or Watson or Player...

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Sure. Cheers for the input 

Course was meant to be toughened up. Tringale -9 through 17, let's hope he's

just had the breaks today and he shites his breeks tomorrow... 

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like Poulter was serious when he said he wanted to spend more time with his family. 

Play less golf for big cheques with no cuts and then play less golf when there are cuts. Winner! 😄

45 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Play less golf for big cheques with no cuts and then play less golf when there are cuts. Winner! 😄

Poulter starts at 7.15am tomorrow so even quicker exit. 

Malinga the Swinga

The great Scottish hope of golf, McIntyre, seems to be going backwards at a rate of knots.

Permanent or temporary decline?

Samuel Camazzola
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In time to check in with his accountant to see if the LIV payment is banked. $$$

Seems like there are a host of other names been offered a place on the LIV but may be waiting to see if the possibility is still there after next year's Ryder Cup. 

48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What was his reception like today?

30 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The great Scottish hope of golf, McIntyre, seems to be going backwards at a rate of knots.

Permanent or temporary decline?

Just sacked his long time coach Davey Burns. Cuts a very frustrated figure at the moment. Not sure he has the temperament to reach the very top.

John Findlay

Me and my youngest son had a cracking day at the Scottish Open today. The weather was perfect, even with the breeze, which was stronger between 1pm-5pm this afternoon.

If you can go, then do it.

12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Well done 👏 

Tringale has finally read the script, bogie's are allowed...

Rahmbo described his draw spin on his tee shot at the par 3 as ***king great, then describes himself as an arsehole, welcome to links golf in East Lothian Jon...😂

Edited by OBE

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Just back from the Scottish Open..class day despite the sunburn and getting shat on 

A bird shat on you?

That's East Lothian for you.

:oohmatron:

Easier conditions yesterday, majority still found it tough. Even better forecast today, get the high factor on, witnessed plenty lobsters yesterday, shops have got that much sunscreen, their selling it...😉

16 minutes ago, OBE said:

Easier conditions yesterday, majority still found it tough. Even better forecast today, get the high factor on, witnessed plenty lobsters yesterday, shops have got that much sunscreen, their selling it...😉

I escaped with a burnt neck but aye there was some shockers out there