Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, OBE said:

That's cool, how did yi dae that? You got plenty time on your hands?

You can create your own maps on Google maps, only took me 20 mins or so.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmfc_liam06
38 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

My mate started a quest in 2009 to play every course in Scotland. I'll find out what number he has got to but think he's over 300.

I'm sure he's managed all the islands (wangled a private flight to one of them somehow) and persevered in trying to get a round on the Carnegie with eventual success. He's targeting the gWest but not sure what the chances of getting on there are. 

I don’t think gWest is open yet? Sure the owner isn’t opening until he’s built/filled the houses.

Armageddon
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You can create your own maps on Google maps, only took me 20 mins or so.

That's a great idea, just punted a load onto a map and already it's great to see!

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I don’t think gWest is open yet? Sure the owner isn’t opening until he’s built/filled the houses.

It's unclear whether it'll open anytime soon. However, it's maintained to playing standard and there have been some who've managed to play it (likely as associates, business contacts or through invitation). 

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

That's a great idea, just punted a load onto a map and already it's great to see!

Nice one. I had time to kill at work so rather than have them all written down I put them onto the map.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Did you not play the two courses at Golf Del Sur? 

Played all 27 holes.

I believe they’re only 18 holes now as they sold one of the 9 hole courses off.

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Played all 27 holes.

Correct, noticed that last year.

Amarilla is a good course to play.

Played it twice over the years.

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Played all 27 holes.

I was out there in March (not for the golf though) and there was a stage and stand which looked like was being built up on part of the course not in use. Ground looked like it was still being maintained. 

Amarilla looked very good. I was told the prices for Abama are sky-high. 

Thoroughly recommend Kingussie if you are ever passing it, played it for the second times last week and it was in great condition plus the greens were rapid. Not a long track but some lovely holes with amazing scenery. Sneaked a wee scratch prize in too . 🥉

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Thoroughly recommend Kingussie if you are ever passing it, played it for the second times last week and it was in great condition plus the greens were rapid. Not a long track but some lovely holes with amazing scenery. Sneaked a wee scratch prize in too . 🥉

Scratch prizes for the best trumpet players, aye?

Edited by OBE

Tommy Brown
On 03/06/2022 at 07:30, Samuel Camazzola said:

I was out there in March (not for the golf though) and there was a stage and stand which looked like was being built up on part of the course not in use. Ground looked like it was still being maintained. 

Amarilla looked very good. I was told the prices for Abama are sky-high. 

Yes, they started with concert up on the driving range originally.

Now have a couple a year down close to the marina.

Seen a stupid Aberdeen mare being mortified on Homes in the Sun?? at the thought. The apartment looked onto the marina and was a good price. Its a developing area. Being going there for last 16 years at Fairways Club.

Disser Pointon

Weekend away next week, Edzell and Cruden Bay opens back to back. Did the same last year, great trip and cheap as chips.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Weekend away next week, Edzell and Cruden Bay opens back to back. Did the same last year, great trip and cheap as chips.

Utilising opens is a great way of making a golf trip cheap!

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Yes, they started with concert up on the driving range originally.

Now have a couple a year down close to the marina.

Seen a stupid Aberdeen mare being mortified on Homes in the Sun?? at the thought. The apartment looked onto the marina and was a good price. Its a developing area. Being going there for last 16 years at Fairways Club.

👍 Cheers Tommy. I was wondering what it was for but very little looked to be happening with the structure during my visit. 

It's a nice part of the island with the residential feel to the area. 

I visited the Wild Geese pub to watch the football. Decent enough place with live music on too. 

Armageddon
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Kevin Na resigns from the PGA tour. https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/61692810

We will all have opinions on this but I personally think, especially on the 150th Open Championship year, these professionals had the chance to protect everything golf is about.

I pray this is a giant failure and they’re all selling castle tees and Mars bars in 12 months time.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

We will all have opinions on this but I personally think, especially on the 150th Open Championship year, these professionals had the chance to protect everything golf is about.

I pray this is a giant failure and they’re all selling castle tees and Mars bars in 12 months time.

I'm the opposite and all for a fresh new format. The money is exceptional for the players and will attract more bigger names as the series evolves. This will draw in more interest from viewers and spectators too. 

Players participating in this for the big appearance fee and prize pot is similar to guys who miss a DP World Tour event to play in a PGA Tour comp. 

joondalupjambo
On 14/05/2022 at 15:03, hmfc_liam06 said:

We’ve got one or two at the club who complain on a weekly basis about the language around the course 😂

Played with Big Pete today at Lundie, a tie. Next time you see him ask him how his sandwich was that he got in the clubhouse😀😀 Then step back before the barrage of well chosen words 😀😀

Armageddon
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'd love to win a major, but I'd rather have the money.

See the figures on Tigers career earnings of $121M v DJ’s $125M LIV fee.  Mental.

I just hope the money eventually makes its way down the tours to amazing guys losing lots of money chasing a very very difficult dream.

hmfc_liam06
7 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Played with Big Pete today at Lundie, a tie. Next time you see him ask him how his sandwich was that he got in the clubhouse😀😀 Then step back before the barrage of well chosen words 😀😀

Pete from Lochgelly? He’s some boy!

4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

See the figures on Tigers career earnings of $121M v DJ’s $125M LIV fee.  Mental.

I just hope the money eventually makes its way down the tours to amazing guys losing lots of money chasing a very very difficult dream.

I get you, but this mantra by the to PGAs, that they are Golf just reminds me of the gangsters of UEFA and FIFA. Why can a golfer pick and chose were they want to play. And money talks, just look and what happened at the Darts. 

I'll put money on it Tiger will play soon and which will lead to Rory doing the same. 

And I played shite yesterday, again but in amongst the bad I had some quality. Ah, to take up golf.  😊 🤔  😲 😬 😡 😢 😭 😁 👊

Tommy Brown

Played at Monifieth on Friday in a seniors open. Scores were entered into Golf genius app by club official.

Still nothing showing on Scottish Golf App.

Nothing on Monifieth website or Facebook.

Played comp at Trump earlier, it doesn't show either.

Only thing showing is a future entry.

Confused??

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Armageddon said:

On the topic of appearance fees, Tiger will have picked up hefty wedges to peg up in China, Turkey, UAE, Australia, Japan... Some (if not all) will have far outweighed the purse on offer for the week. 

8 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Meanwhile, the greens at Cardrona…

6A6CBC87-3F66-4B53-BC9F-980570513E89.jpeg

Been around the block and can state these are the worst greens I've 5 putted on. Pro in the shop informed us that these greens were improving...:rofl:...2nd May, we had pre-booked 14 buggies, to appease us the fee for these were waved. Saying all that, one of our group scored 38 stableford points and 3 putted only once...

Talking about a breakaway tour - it should be up to the players where and when they play.  They shouldn't be bullied.  If the PGA are worried about their players leaving, then maybe there isn't a reason why they should stay? 

The players are not employees of the PGA - they should be able to do what they want and it should be up to the competing agencies to make it worth their while!

joondalupjambo
7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Pete from Lochgelly? He’s some boy!

Yep we played him and his mate Derek, another Lochgelly boy I think as well.

The new caterers started last Thursday and wow just wow.  As I say next time you see him say you heard he got a sandwich instead of a roll at Lundie, they had run out of rolls!!  Then when it came it was an open sandwich!!  Was not supposed to be but the bread was all torn and the filling showing.  He will not doubt laugh.

9 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Talking about a breakaway tour - it should be up to the players where and when they play.  They shouldn't be bullied.  If the PGA are worried about their players leaving, then maybe there isn't a reason why they should stay? 

The players are not employees of the PGA - they should be able to do what they want and it should be up to the competing agencies to make it worth their while!

I think it is more the Saudi's have endless money and this tour is as much PR about Saudi Arabia as it is about golf.

I don't know what it is about the PGA Tour these players don't like other than they can't get even richer 🤷‍♂️

Armageddon
46 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

34 minutes ago, kila said:

I think it is more the Saudi's have endless money and this tour is as much PR about Saudi Arabia as it is about golf.

I don't know what it is about the PGA Tour these players don't like other than they can't get even richer 🤷‍♂️

I wonder if the LIV Tour have enquired about buying the PGA and European Tours?

I just hate the thought of The Open being decimated because of oil money.  I wonder if this years prize pot is being discussed privately. 

John Findlay

Just got me and my son tickets for the first day's play for the Scottish Open at the Renaissance Club North Berwick, 1st day the 7th July. Only £45 for the two of us. 

Be a wee birthday present for him, though his birthday is July the 1st.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Mickelson confirmed for this week's LIV Series event. 

Reportedly paid $200 😂😂

Armageddon
2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Reportedly paid $200 😂😂

Haha I bet he ejaculated when he saw DJ’s name there 😂 Job done, £100M, feck the haters 👌🏼😂

Samuel Camazzola
11 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Haha I bet he ejaculated when he saw DJ’s name there 😂 Job done, £100M, feck the haters 👌🏼😂

Tiger was reported to have been offered in excess of $400m! 😄

Armageddon
19 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Tiger was reported to have been offered in excess of $400m! 😄

Jeezo, just searched and Norman is saying it was high 9 figures!

Imagine saying yes you'd take £1B then drip feeding that billion to Hearts :)

On 06/06/2022 at 12:32, John Findlay said:

Just got me and my son tickets for the first day's play for the Scottish Open at the Renaissance Club North Berwick, 1st day the 7th July. Only £45 for the two of us. 

Be a wee birthday present for him, though his birthday is July the 1st.

Was there last year get really close to the players and plenty space to watch and follow around. I’m going to head down the Saturday or Sunday this year. I got terrible sun burnt last year on the legs 😂 and gave Jon Rahm a fist pump at the putting green. I would like to see it back at Gullane again but can’t see it happen with the money and the deal with the Renaissance now.

On 06/06/2022 at 20:33, Samuel Camazzola said:

Mickelson confirmed for this week's LIV Series event. 

I used to like Phil over the last couple of years I’ve went right of him it’s a shame.

Pasquale for King

Westwood and Poulter asked if there’s anywhere in the world that morality would stop them from playing . . . . 

Pasquale for King

Let’s hope that the Open and Ryder Cup are unaffected by this, I get that players should be free to play in whatever competitions they want, but the tours have to protect themselves also. The desire to earn even more vast amounts of money clearly drives certain individuals more than others. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s hope that the Open and Ryder Cup are unaffected by this, I get that players should be free to play in whatever competitions they want, but the tours have to protect themselves also. The desire to earn even more vast amounts of money clearly drives certain individuals more than others. 

I get the fact that they should be free to play wherever but tbf the current tours have made them all very rich men and some of them have dropped their pants at the first sign of more dollars Loyalty is a two way street and they have shown zero

All this crap about needing to secure their futures is utter bollocks, their futures are secured many times over already. 
selling their souls for the Saudi dollars - yuck

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I get the fact that they should be free to play wherever but tbf the current tours have made them all very rich men and some of them have dropped their pants at the first sign of more dollars Loyalty is a two way street and they have shown zero

All this crap about needing to secure their futures is utter bollocks, their futures are secured many times over already. 
selling their souls for the Saudi dollars - yuck

Yeah I agree, hearing Johnson and Ousthuizen talking about how they don’t want to play golf all their lives is a bit sickening considering how much the game has given them. 
I admired Paul Casey as a UNICEF ambassador not going to Saudi but he did two years later and said he was wrong. 
Let’s not forget DP is short for Dubai Ports, not exactly great on human rights or some of the dodgy companies that sponsor events on every tour. The more you look into it the more unedifying it becomes. 

Race to Dubai? I'm pretty sure that place isn't the great with it morals either. 

Qatar isn't great, but let's not get all high and mighty, the US still executes people and their polis are quite fond of killing minorities. 

Armageddon

My only issue is the impact this could have on The Open and The Masters (The Masters not so much).  The Open has to be the old traditional links game with the best field in the world, I'd hate us to lose that.

The team names are so shite for a start off.

Will this see golfers as the highest paid sportsmen on the planet?

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I agree, hearing Johnson and Ousthuizen talking about how they don’t want to play golf all their lives is a bit sickening considering how much the game has given them. 
I admired Paul Casey as a UNICEF ambassador not going to Saudi but he did two years later and said he was wrong. 
Let’s not forget DP is short for Dubai Ports, not exactly great on human rights or some of the dodgy companies that sponsor events on every tour. The more you look into it the more unedifying it becomes. 

Its more about very rich men dumping the source of their mega wealth at the first sign of more money. All the excuses about securing their future and wanting to retire, and the stress on their bodies :facepalm: maybe they should go and try boxing.

I realise that there are lots of dodgy sponsors around in all sports, it was more aimed at the players. I can understand Mickelson actually he needs the money to pay off his gambling debts :whistling: