Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 13/11/2021 at 15:13, hmfc_liam06 said:

Up at Strathmore today, we’ll worth a visit if anyone is looking for a good winter course to play. 

It's a hidden gem eh? Superb par 3's and some of the medal tees are tremendous.

Folk seem to think the golf on that road stops at Blairgowrie!

On 08/11/2021 at 16:51, Tommy Brown said:

I never knew there was a tee height restriction in golf. I cannot play with a high tee, so will never affect me.

You can imagine though that the interruption is going to unsettle him, certainly would with me

Swede Jesper Kenngard refused to blame his final round being interrupted by rules officials to check the length of his tees for missing out on a golden opportunity to win a European Tour card.

Jesper Kennegard's high tee on the first during the final round of Rolex Challenge Tour Grand Final supported by the R&A at T-Golf & Country Club in Mallorca. 

Holding a one-shot lead heading into the last day of the Rolex Challenge Tour Grand Final at T-Golf & Country Club in Mallorca, the 33-year-old was on course to be among the 20 players securing a step up to the main circuit.

But it all went awry for Kennegard after one of his playing partners asked for rules officials to take a look at the height he tees the ball after that had been highlighted in a social media clip during Saturday’s third round.

Using a tape measure, officials deemed that he was not exceeding the four-inch limit but, after dropping a shot at the next hole, he went on to card an untidy 77 to finish 27th in the Road to Mallorca Rankings.

Interestingly one of his playing partners ended up winning it!  

9 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

It's a hidden gem eh? Superb par 3's and some of the medal tees are tremendous.

Folk seem to think the golf on that road stops at Blairgowrie!

First time playing it in about 5 years, really good course. Fairways and greens were still really firm, almost links firm. Incredible considering the recent rain.

20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

First time playing it in about 5 years, really good course. Fairways and greens were still really firm, almost links firm. Incredible considering the recent rain.

The course is for sale if you were feeling flush, £1.8M I think was the price tag.

15 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The course is for sale if you were feeling flush, £1.8M I think was the price tag.

Haha yeah - £1.4m. I thought that was pretty cheap considering the land available.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Morikawa & Horshel, 1 & 2 in the R2D...needs addressed! 9 & 10 European tournaments played respectively...Our boy's playing in USA for big bucks and to better themselves...aye ok! the later is defo no working...

Samuel Camazzola
14 minutes ago, OBE said:

Morikawa & Horshel, 1 & 2 in the R2D...needs addressed! 9 & 10 European tournaments played respectively...Our boy's playing in USA for big bucks and to better themselves...aye ok! the later is defo no working...

They've gained their points in the events offering the most which has lofted them. 

4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

They've gained their points in the events offering the most which has lofted them. 

A ken! They pitch-up, everyone else shite's themselves basically...

Edited by OBE

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, OBE said:

A ken! They pitch-up everyone else shite's themselves basically...

I'm sure between the pair of them, they achieved top positions in the RTB from early season wins and runners up in WGC events (in the US). 

CM will have consolidated top spot with his Open win and boosted his points with good showings at other majors and Scottish Open (a Rolex Series event). BH will have boosted his 2nd place with his BMW win at Wentworth. 

A player could win this without setting foot in Europe if they perform well at certain co sanctioned events. 😄

Edited by Samuel Camazzola
Predictive text

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Morikawa is an unreal talent. Only 24 and you’ve got to fancy him getting double figures in major wins. 

There are so many with a top level game. His mentality as such a young age is hugely impressive. 

Rory was really unfortunate with the short approach shot that hit the flag, nearly dropped in but spun into the bunker. If that had settled on the green, I would have fancied him to post a score which may have won. 

13 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Did anyone apply for the ballot for British open 2022 ? I applied and it said Oct Nov will get reply heard nothing yet ?

My son in law received confirmation he was successful last month.

1 hour ago, Jambo314 said:

My son in law received confirmation he was successful last month.

I seen 1.1M applied seemingly according to the golf channel one of my mates got an email yesterday . Fingers crossed hear back this week.

That's me stopped playing for the year. Was at Tullialan and even when you smashed the ball down the centre of the fairway you couldn't find it from the leaves :D

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

That's me stopped playing for the year. Was at Tullialan and even when you smashed the ball down the centre of the fairway you couldn't find it from the leaves :D

Ah the joys of parkland in winter!

I remember playing Kinross a few years back and one of the fairways was covered, and I mean not a single bit of grass showing, for that hole we just said free drop from where you think you landed :lol:

Samuel Camazzola
21 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ah the joys of parkland in winter!

I remember playing Kinross a few years back and one of the fairways was covered, and I mean not a single bit of grass showing, for that hole we just said free drop from where you think you landed :lol:

Longest and straightest drive of the year I bet. 😉😄

joondalupjambo

Three or four huge fir trees totally uprooted on right hand side of the 13th fairway.  And these are not small trees by any means.

Just seen Tiger on Sky sports news and he looks bigger than Bryson😲

Either been hitting the burgers hard or a wee course of steroids has been had.

• 3 weeks later...

Is or has anyone here been a member at Balbirnie GC, I'm thinking of joining after Christmas and interested in hearing people's thoughts of the place.

13 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

Is or has anyone here been a member at Balbirnie GC, I'm thinking of joining after Christmas and interested in hearing people's thoughts of the place.

@Samuel Camazzola is or was.

I’ve played it loads. Nice course in the summer months, greens have always been excellent when I’ve played but it can be a bit of a mud bath come the winter, more so than other parkland courses.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

@Samuel Camazzola is or was.

I’ve played it loads. Nice course in the summer months, greens have always been excellent when I’ve played but it can be a bit of a mud bath come the winter, more so than other parkland courses.

I'm thinking about there as it's one of the closer ones to where I live or maybe one of the Leven Links clubs. 

The other thing I'm thinking about is how they treat juniors as my son is wanting to try golf, we popped by Thornton for a visit and I got the feeling from their older demographic that he wasn't particularly welcome.

48 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

I'm thinking about there as it's one of the closer ones to where I live or maybe one of the Leven Links clubs. 

The other thing I'm thinking about is how they treat juniors as my son is wanting to try golf, we popped by Thornton for a visit and I got the feeling from their older demographic that he wasn't particularly welcome.

I get the feeling Leven will be similar to Thornton as the course is just so busy with there being 2 clubs.

Dunnikier is probably the best club in Fife for junior golf. But I believe there is now a waiting list there.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I get the feeling Leven will be similar to Thornton as the course is just so busy with there being 2 clubs.

Dunnikier is probably the best club in Fife for junior golf. But I believe there is now a waiting list there.

I'll have a quick look at Dunnikier and at least that would have the added bonus of being part of the Rover ticket.

Samuel Camazzola
16 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

I'm still a member. Good club, good food and nice course. 

I don't play there much in the winter as not a fan of the heavier underfoot conditions of parkland courses. I also play at the Fairmont where you get a free junior membership with your subs. 

The pro (Scott) came in a few years ago and was driving junior recruitment and coaching. The last two years have halted things on that front but he's launching the coaching again. He used to use Cluny but their pricing and revamp means he will be using the course more (as he was doing this for free with only donations for balls requested). 

You'd get bored of Leven and it's usually rammed too. 

Contact the club to show your interest as you'll be more than welcome to sample it first. 👍 

4 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

I've just moved to Dunfermline - If you are looking for someone to play golf with, give me a shout! 

Many thanks guys for your advice, I'm going to rethink Leven particularly on what HMFC_LIAM06 and Samuel have said as it's important to me that my son has an opportunity to enjoy the game. 

Once I've sorted out a course then, we'll get a game sorted out!

Samuel Camazzola
46 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

Many thanks guys for your advice, I'm going to rethink Leven particularly on what HMFC_LIAM06 and Samuel have said as it's important to me that my son has an opportunity to enjoy the game. 

Once I've sorted out a course then, we'll get a game sorted out!

What age is your son? I'm aware Wellsgreen have a popular junior coaching class (The Tigers or something along those lines) and use the short course next to the range. I believe you pay for a block of sessions there. 

He's 11, he quite likes Wellsgreen as it has the Trackman software. I might pop down with him after school this week as its been a few weeks since we've been down.

Played yesterday here in NC and was a lovely 71 degrees and course not too bad underfoot. Couple of tee times booked for next week altho little cooler at high 50s. Not sure my body could cope now with winter golf in Scotland!

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

He's 11, he quite likes Wellsgreen as it has the Trackman software. I might pop down with him after school this week as its been a few weeks since we've been down.

Had a quick look and the Wellsgreen Tigers is £49 for a block of 5 lessons. It also entitles the junior to a round on the wee course and a bucket of balls for the range every day. Not a bad deal for an avid golfer and if you live close enough to make the most of it. 

19 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

I've just moved to Dunfermline - If you are looking for someone to play golf with, give me a shout! 

Out of interest.

Where in Dunfermline did you join?

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Out of interest.

Where in Dunfermline did you join?

I haven't joined anywhere. Well I took the council pass Fife golf trust or something that gives me 7 course. It's actually not bad.. some courses are better than others. Some are a lot worse than others. I'm keeping my membership at Gullane

Enjoying watching the PGA's TNC Championship. Quite amazed at how well Tiger is swinging and striking the ball already albeit needing a cart to get around 18 holes. Augusta is surely on the cards if he can keep up this speed of recovery.

4 hours ago, kila said:

Enjoying watching the PGA's TNC Championship. Quite amazed at how well Tiger is swinging and striking the ball already albeit needing a cart to get around 18 holes. Augusta is surely on the cards if he can keep up this speed of recovery.

Spent...

14 hours ago, kila said:

I enjoyed watching him also was good to see big JD normally when he is playing in tournaments they don't show him. What about some of Charlie's game if he wants it he will be a top golfer in the future. 

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I enjoyed watching him also was good to see big JD normally when he is playing in tournaments they don't show him. What about some of Charlie's game if he wants it he will be a top golfer in the future. 

Charlie's shot on the 169 yard par 3 17th (the only hole where the younger juniors teed off the same as everyone else) was terrifyingly good, closest of the day out of all the pros I think.

He's a proper mini-Tiger in how he swings with a natural fade, can see his golf career booming when he starts competing as an amateur. He seems pretty composed and used to the cameras during the rounds at his age already - there's only one direction he's going to go in. Henrik Stenson's lad one for the future as well. Possibly JD's kid too?

Edited by kila

28 minutes ago, kila said:

Charlie's shot on the 169 yard par 3 17th (the only hole where the younger juniors teed off the same as everyone else) was terrifyingly good, closest of the day out of all the pros I think.

He's a proper mini-Tiger in how he swings with a natural fade, can see his golf career booming when he starts competing as an amateur. He seems pretty composed and used to the cameras during the rounds at his age already - there's only one direction he's going to go in. Henrik Stenson's lad one for the future as well. Possibly JD's kid too?

I laughed when Charlie putted out picked his marker up and threw it back to Tiger, Tiger had a wee grin on his face then gave him it back. 

• 2 weeks later...
Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Do they still have a second cut and when was the last time they used it in the Open?

Generally, no. 

There is a PGA Tour event and one of the DP World events which does due to the format but regular tour competitions and the majors only have a cut at 36 holes. There is no cut in the WGC events. 

Couldn't tell you about a second cut in the Open. 

11 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Generally, no. 

There is a PGA Tour event and one of the DP World events which does due to the format but regular tour competitions and the majors only have a cut at 36 holes. There is no cut in the WGC events. 

Couldn't tell you about a second cut in the Open. 

It's just I remember they would cut after 54 if too many made the original cut. But that was in the 80s. I haven't seen it for a long time.

Sorry, it just popped into my head after watching old championships and thought I'd ask on here instead of Google.

👍

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's just I remember they would cut after 54 if too many made the original cut. But that was in the 80s. I haven't seen it for a long time.

Sorry, it just popped into my head after watching old championships and thought I'd ask on here instead of Google.

👍

I cheated by looking up on Google😎

The rule changed after 1985 Open when there was a secondary cut after the 3rd round. I think it was to reduce the field to manageable tee times on the final day to determine “The Champion Golfer it the Year” What a great title to be bestowed on the winner👍

Rule now set at 70 & ties after the 2nd round.

53 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

I cheated by looking up on Google😎

The rule changed after 1985 Open when there was a secondary cut after the 3rd round. I think it was to reduce the field to manageable tee times on the final day to determine “The Champion Golfer it the Year” What a great title to be bestowed on the winner👍

Rule now set at 70 & ties after the 2nd round.

:2thumbsup: