Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Played 9 holes Thursday and yesterday, a pair of 39's.

Back out again today. Hopefully we can have a dry spell now and let courses dry out.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

You stay on the crazy train. Those holes you double bogeyed - you'll birdie them next time. However, be prepared for some other bizarre stuff! Always happens. 😄

What a difference  a day makes.

Started with a 10 at par5 10th.

Played like a hacker.😀

It didn't really improve.

55 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

What a difference  a day makes.

Started with a 10 at par5 10th.

Played like a hacker.😀

It didn't really improve.

The joys of golf!! How's the course looking?

Samuel Camazzola

Fairmont played well today considering what the weather has been like. Tees were fine and greens running very well. Sections of rough and fairways still saturated but as long as Tuesdays rain isn't too bad, it should dry out nicely with the wind and milder climate. 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Fairmont played well today considering what the weather has been like. Tees were fine and greens running very well. Sections of rough and fairways still saturated but as long as Tuesdays rain isn't too bad, it should dry out nicely with the wind and milder climate. 

Still got 3 rounds still to play in the Winter series. Hopefully  restrictions  get dropped soon. Unlikely.

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Still got 3 rounds still to play in the Winter series. Hopefully  restrictions  get dropped soon. Unlikely.

I believe those that bought winter memberships or signed up to the Winter Series will be advised this week that an extension to end of April will be applied. 

There's a Texas Scramble pencilled in for 21st March but that will be subject to the limitation on two players being lifted along with the travel restrictions. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, kila said:

Fitzpatrick struggling a bit with the pressure? Never thought his swing was solid enough to deal with it and instead loses his rhythm.

He'll contend for big prizes. Got a great bag man too to help him. 

14 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I believe those that bought winter memberships or signed up to the Winter Series will be advised this week that an extension to end of April will be applied. 

There's a Texas Scramble pencilled in for 21st March but that will be subject to the limitation on two players being lifted along with the travel restrictions. 

I know a guy at Sport Scotland, they're lobbying like **** to get playing restrictions lifted or at least made 3 balls. Reckons there might be something happening in the next couple weeks 🤞

20 hours ago, weegranty said:

The joys of golf!! How's the course looking?

pretty sodden throughout.

hopefully not too much rain tomorrow, could start drying out.

5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I know a guy at Sport Scotland, they're lobbying like **** to get playing restrictions lifted or at least made 3 balls. Reckons there might be something happening in the next couple weeks 🤞

Bit less confident after seeing that England are likely going to be two households only until 29th March. I'd imagine Scotland will be very similar.

6 hours ago, weegranty said:

Started at the 10th at Pumpherston today and put my first drive into the pond.😂😉

As did I yesterday :lol:

After driving great all Saturday.

joondalupjambo

First game last Saturday since early December, hit an 84 round Lundie off 11 which I thought was ok given the time between rounds and the slight sea breeze.

In the buffer zone after all. 

Beaten 4 and 3 by a 22 handicapper who had to give 11 strokes to, don't ask.  His two birdies at the holes he did not get strokes at helped though!!

And here is me wondering why he turned up on the first tee wearing a sombrero and chewing on a fajita!!

Footballfirst
27 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Tiger involved in a car accident today which required him to be cut free! Doesn't sound too good. 😬😳😔

Tiger Woods hospitalized after car crash on Tuesday
Los Angeles County Sheriffs confirmed that golf pro Tiger Woods has been hospitalized following a single-car rollover crash on Tuesday morning. Woods was removed using the "jaws of life" and the car sustained "major damage," according to the statement. There were no other people or cars involved in the crash, according to department officials.

That will be him definitely out the Masters then.

Edited by Footballfirst

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

That will be him definitely out the Masters then.

Hope he recovers quickly to play again soon. The best player I've ever seen. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Are golf clubs open? 

The only time courses in Scotland have been closed has been down to the weather. 

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Are golf clubs open? 

Probably hard pushed to find one allowing visitors though.

Played Deer Park on Tuesday not bad a lot of work getting done to greens. It was good to get out and play after 4 months. Got a email this morning from the professional giving me a complementary round due to the work what was taking place to the course on Tuesday. 

Disser Pointon

Decided to sign up for a "PGA coach for a season" deal our pro was doing, monthly lessons and on course playing lessons as well as video analysis and trackman sessions. Thought it might be a better investment than yet another new driver! 🤣

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Decided to sign up for a "PGA coach for a season" deal our pro was doing, monthly lessons and on course playing lessons as well as video analysis and trackman sessions. Thought it might be a better investment than yet another new driver! 🤣

Totally.

Some folk have more money than sense when spending money on clubs.

It's not the club that's at fault. :lol:

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Totally.

So true, I’ve  spent a fortune on drivers over the years until I went for a lesson at the braids and it helped me big time ,  I’ve now had the same driver for around 2 years and I’ve no intentions of changing 🤷‍♂️

Samuel Camazzola

Great video featuring Max Homa. More nine hole and par three courses are needed over here to encourage youngsters and beginners to get involved in the game. The relaxed dress code helps too. 

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Was a great deal as well, about a grand under collective price. 

Nothing beats buying golf clubs though :lol:

16 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Totally.

My mate went through 4 drivers in a year and barely hit any of them 200 yards. 

When you're taking a divot with your driver, it's not the club. 😂

Just tuned into the Bay Hill coverage.

There is a Thai golfer called Jazz Janewattananond up the leaderboard. What a name, wonder how the commentators will cope, I missed yesterday's coverage.

On 05/03/2021 at 19:07, kila said:

There is a Thai golfer called Jazz Janewattananond up the leaderboard. What a name, wonder how the commentators will cope, I missed yesterday's coverage.

He's just got a hole in one!

On 05/03/2021 at 19:07, kila said:

Jazz Jane is the go to moniker apparently👍

Samuel Camazzola

I wonder if Bryson will attempt to drive the par 5 6th tonight! 😄😳 Looks like last night's drive would have made it if the line was a tad left. The pin position left him blocked out to get the pitch close but still managed the birdie. 

Going by his swing speed, he left a bit in reserve to make the carry. 

Westwood giving DeChambeau a golfing lesson. Power is worthless without the touch and feel.

A great final group pairing though. Lee hits a nice soft and controlled wood on the second hole, a 227 yard par 3 and ends up within 10 feet for birdie. Bryson smashes a low 4 iron through the wind and it goes shooting through the green.

Rory five off the tee on the 6th after trying to carry the water twice to shortcut the par 5. Sticks his sixth shot from over 200 yards with swirling wind to within 10 feet and might get away with a double bogey, incredible.

DeChambeau will want to try drive this green I think. He was close yesterday and can carry the water if he catches it right. This is the only time he is exciting to watch, as watching him smash irons to within 30 feet of the pin is a bit shite.

Edited by kila

Ev4zuWfXIAEOgKn?format=jpg&name=900x900

Bryson's line yesterday.

Today he's went even closer and just put it in the fairway bunker, but if he had aimed for the green his ball would've carried.

80 yards left for his second on a par 5 :laugh2:

Edited by kila

1 hour ago, Barack said:

What're the scores?

An overweight middle-aged man, teaching some gym rat, pseudo-science major, a nice golfing lesson would be most pleasing.

There's a reason why Bryson won't win an Open. 

He's already won an Open.

Westwood,s putter costing him again.

Starts leaving them short on the last few holes time and again.😒

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Barack said:

What're the scores?

An overweight middle-aged man, teaching some gym rat, pseudo-science major, a nice golfing lesson would be most pleasing.

There's a reason why Bryson won't win an Open. 

Where have you been the last five years? Not only has he bought a house up in the Lothians and bagged a membership at Archerfield but he's been beasting it on the Peloton every day. Looking very toned is oor Lee. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, kila said:

Westwood with a perfect drive up the 18th but it's rolled into a divot. 1 behind DeChambeau too...

So unlucky. 

Footballfirst
On 07/03/2021 at 19:56, kila said:

Rory five off the tee on the 6th after trying to carry the water twice to shortcut the par 5. Sticks his sixth shot from over 200 yards with swirling wind to within 10 feet and might get away with a double bogey, incredible.

In the water twice at the 18th at Sawgrass today. No miraculous double bogey this time as he posts an 8.

Also a double bogey at the 10th (his first).  He was out in 43.

Edited by Footballfirst