Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

What will happen regarding people's clubs that were in locker rooms,must be a fair amount of sets in there that have been destroyed.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, weegranty said:

What will happen regarding people's clubs that were in locker rooms,must be a fair amount of sets in there that have been destroyed.

Hope they have got golf insurance

41 minutes ago, weegranty said:

Would hope that with the locker rooms being closed across Scotland as part of the lockdown most would have them at home if they are actively playing weather permitting

Samuel Camazzola

Sergio's breeks! :vrface::jj_facepalm:

Is this his punishment for raking spikes across the greens and going tonto in bunkers the last time he played in Saudi? 

17 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Managed 9 holes this morning at Pumphy.

Great to get a bit of wd40 onto the swing and hit a ball.

Front 9 or back 9? How was the course? How was your game? Hopefully play at the end of the week.

6 minutes ago, weegranty said:

Front 9 or back 9? How was the course? How was your game? Hopefully play at the end of the week.

Was on the back 9, temp greens at 12 & 13.

The course was ok though, thought it would be really sodden. 

Pleased enough with how I played as its been 6 weeks off. Just one really duff shot:lol: 

What a difference 6 months make! Gullane number 1 today. 

played through a hail storm on each hole!

started with a whte ball, course was green. By the time we finished it was white with hail!

00F90474-F893-456B-AF38-F6E5A34A09AD.jpeg

5E2477F3-52DB-47D7-92DB-5CA5B8C580B2.jpeg

Managed to get 3 rounds in this week, first time playing since early December. Shot an 82, 92 & a 85. Was fairly happy with that as I was without my driver and still trying to get use to the new irons. Can't wait for the better weather.

12 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Looking like an exciting finish at the Phoenix Open. There could be up to 10 players in a play off! 😲

What a chip in by Koepka 😄

That's put the cat amongst the pigeons

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

What a chip in by Koepka 😄

That's put the cat amongst the pigeons

Yeah, it's possibly removed a few from contention. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Yeah, it's possibly removed a few from contention. 

If he birdies the last it will be tough for the rest

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

If he birdies the last it will be tough for the rest

Schauffle and Spieth given themselves a chance with tee shots on 16. 

3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Speith gone

His driving is worse than mine😂

5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Bye bye Schauffele

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, merrymac said:

Speith gone

His driving is worse than mine😂

The one into the water done him. Just like Zander on 17! 😲

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

So much top spin from hooking it

When you see players stats on holes like these, they often go par, bogey, eagle, par when looking to drive the green. They could easily have four straight birdies with a conventional approach and be the difference in them contending. 

Byyy The Light

First time on thread so apologies if previously discussed...

Has anyone tried the Top Tracer range at the Melville?  Thinking about heading over towards the end of the week.

11 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Has anyone tried the Top Tracer range at the Melville?  Thinking about heading over towards the end of the week.

Yep its pretty good.

Lots of options for target golf, actual play, and obviously shot feedback.

They had a guy helping you with setting it up last time I was there.

Haven't been able to go recently with the travel restrictions🤒

Byyy The Light
19 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Yep its pretty good.

Lots of options for target golf, actual play, and obviously shot feedback.

They had a guy helping you with setting it up last time I was there.

Haven't been able to go recently with the travel restrictions🤒

Quite fancy trying it as I get bored of the range after 10 shots and end up just f*nnying about.

Hadnt actually thought about travel, it’s 6 miles from my house but I’m in Edinburgh and it’s Midlothian. Does that mean I’m not supposed to go?

11 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Yeah it pretty good. Can only book online now, need to create an account and it's always busy.

27 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Quite fancy trying it as I get bored of the range after 10 shots and end up just f*nnying about.

Hadnt actually thought about travel, it’s 6 miles from my house but I’m in Edinburgh and it’s Midlothian. Does that mean I’m not supposed to go?

Technically I suppose not, but 6 miles? .

Funny I love going to the range, as I usually hit the ball superbly.

The golf course now that's another matter:phface:

Often use the top tracer at Wellsgreen, outside Leven. Either the on range markers or wrong or their Top Tracer is totally set up wrong. Not the first time I've flown a 7 iron over the 150 marker on the range and it's told me I've hit it 120.

I'm leaning towards incorrectly set up markers... :lol:

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Yeah it pretty good. Can only book online now, need to create an account and it's always busy.

Cheers. Snow def won’t be helping!

3 hours ago, merrymac said:

Technically I suppose not, but 6 miles? .

Funny I love going to the range, as I usually hit the ball superbly.

The golf course now that's another matter:phface:

Think my problem is I never go to work on something in particular. I don’t really know what I’m doing practice wise or what causes a bad one so it’s pretty much aimlessly smashing balls.

I play off 5 (was 6.5 until new handicap system) and don’t have the time to commit to playing often enough to get any lower at the moment. Figured playing a few holes on the top tracer or the target stuff would make it more enjoyable. 

3 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Cheers. Snow def won’t be helping!

Think my problem is I never go to work on something in particular. I don’t really know what I’m doing practice wise or what causes a bad one so it’s pretty much aimlessly smashing balls.

I play off 5 (was 6.5 until new handicap system) and don’t have the time to commit to playing often enough to get any lower at the moment. Figured playing a few holes on the top tracer or the target stuff would make it more enjoyable. 

Think you definitely need to go with a plan. I normally am trying to work on something , then try to do a spell of real play eg driver, then 7 iron, then a chip, change and repeat.

I also dropped handicap 4.6 - 3.3.

Gonna be tough to play to that getting a bit long in the tooth now 😒

Berger has OCD over the line marking on his ball when taking putts. It's getting a bit ridiculous the amount of time and tweaking. Especially when he goes on and misses it...

1 hour ago, kila said:

Berger has OCD over the line marking on his ball when taking putts. It's getting a bit ridiculous the amount of time and tweaking. Especially when he goes on and misses it...

Ha ha 

Nick Faldo telling life stories in the time it takes him to putt

Russel Knox just assessed for a penalty after being given the all clear by a ref.

Wonder if Jordan Speith would have got the same.

On 06/02/2021 at 15:16, Tommy Brown said:

I've o a photo from the rear, higher up from 18th fairway looking down. No roof only the walls left. really black where the Pro shop was.

My untrained eye suggests thats where it started. I'll post it later. 

Hope they recover from this. Upside, gives them a chance to build a better one with west facing views.:peepwall:

This i the only positive I can see. Hope they build a new clubhouse with gym facilities (happy to pay extra on my membership). 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Some fud has decided to tear up Pumphy last night

Bottom right is 9th green

tt

Ridiculous Tommy utter disgrace.

Had the same when I was a member at Deer Park many years ago when some idiot rode his motorbike all over the 14th green, scumbags!!

WE also had some idiot who shat in the cup at the 8th. It was a medal day, fortunately the first people out didn't hole a putt before they noticed💩

45 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Ridiculous Tommy utter disgrace.

Had the same when I was a member at Deer Park many years ago when some idiot rode his motorbike all over the 14th green, scumbags!!

WE also had some idiot who shat in the cup at the 8th. It was a medal day, fortunately the first people out didn't hole a putt before they noticed💩

I thought bottom left was a fairway, but couldn't work it out. Its the practice area next to the chipping green. Not half as bad as I first thought. Still total fuddery.

11 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I thought bottom left was a fairway, but couldn't work it out. Its the practice area next to the chipping green. Not half as bad as I first thought. Still total fuddery.

Glad its not so much of the course.

If this warmer weather continues will heal up quite quick hopefully

What's your thoughts guys?

I've booked 8 of us for a trip to Drumbarnie on 27th March. 

Unlikely to be allowed accross into Fife for this? yes/no?

If you cancel 1 month prior you get a refund, anyone done this? did it go ok?

Alternative, is to re-book, but that will be end of season as we are paying Winter prices.

32 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Alternative, is to re-book, but that will be end of season as we are paying Winter prices.

Risky one...they definitely check addresses when you turn up to play. Would hate for you to travel and be turned away.

End of the season might not be a bad shout, another season for the course to bed in.

Great course.

51 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Risky one...they definitely check addresses when you turn up to play. Would hate for you to travel and be turned away.

End of the season might not be a bad shout, another season for the course to bed in.

Great course.

It's a choice of cancel and get refunded. But find restrictions are lifted before 27/3/21 (I think is unlikely)

or have to move the date back to Oct/Nov if restrictions dont allow in March.

26 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It's a choice of cancel and get refunded. But find restrictions are lifted before 27/3/21 (I think is unlikely)

or have to move the date back to Oct/Nov if restrictions dont allow in March.

If you cancel and refund, you might be able to book last minute if restrictions change? I agree with you, I doubt there'll be much in the way of change before then.

If it were me I'd likely go for October.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Rebook for late in the season (if you are not wanting to pay peak price) and keep an eye on the availability for March and April if restrictions are eased. Trust me, you'll want to play it more than once! 🏌️ 

Got my first eagle today, chipped in from about 20 yards. 3 greenkeepers standing watching too. Had to pretend it was something i do all the time but inside i was going mental with joy 😂

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

If you can't get a game at North Berwick, you can always go for a swim in a bunker.

Lady captain too. Hope she gets banned.:whistling:

20210219_162619.jpg

Ha ha Brilliant.

Since they built the courses and houses at Archerfield the drainage problem on that hole has been getting worse and worse.

Don't know if its connected but seems a bit of a coincidence. Shifting the water levels further down the coastline?

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Managed 18 yesterday.

Scratch 77 (70 par) with 2 double bogeys.

Where the **** did that come from:lol:

Do I retire now?

You stay on the crazy train. Those holes you double bogeyed - you'll birdie them next time. However, be prepared for some other bizarre stuff! Always happens. 😄