Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Samuel Camazzola

If you wish to play 18 holes at 7am, you can book this. However, an option is also available for someone to book 9 holes from the 10th at 7am. This allows more playing options for members and provides more booking opportunities. The 9 hole option will be available for a set window as people would be completing the first 9 after approx 1.5/1.75 hours. 

The 9 hole option at the end of the day has just been added as loss of daylight would prevent a full round being played. Every booking must be made via BRS, nobody can just turn up. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If you wish to play 18 holes at 7am, you can book this. However, an option is also available for someone to book 9 holes from the 10th at 7am. This allows more playing options for members and provides more booking opportunities. The 9 hole option will be available for a set window as people would be completing the first 9 after approx 1.5/1.75 hours. 

The 9 hole option at the end of the day has just been added as loss of daylight would prevent a full round being played. Every booking must be made via BRS, nobody can just turn up. 

Understand now, I thought you initially meant all play was limited to 9 holes.🖐️

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Understand now, I thought you initially meant all play was limited to 9 holes.🖐️

The initial adjustment on BRS was to only offer 9 hole bookings to accommodate the demand since tee times would include 2 balls as a max. They've opted for these options but could be flexible to change depending on demand and feedback. Glad there are no four balls. They are the groups who cause the slow play issues. 

Tommy Brown

My mate sent me this this morning.

Totally surprised.

Obviously looking for an immediate cash injection.

Greenburn GC gents open

Tuesday 26th May

IMG-20200523-WA0000.jpg

9 holes only at my course and max 3 rounds per week to try and give everyone a chance to play. Max 2 players per tee slot. 

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Totally surprised.

Greenburn GC gents open

Tuesday 26th May

IMG-20200523-WA0000.jpg

Surely an oversight in that they haven't removed the open from BRS? Course won't even be open.

Doubt there'll be opens til around August.

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Surely an oversight in that they haven't removed the open from BRS? Course won't even be open.

Doubt there'll be opens til around August.

My first reaction, too.

But look at text highlighted green

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

My first reaction, too.

But look at text highlighted green

Yeah if you add a message to BRS it applies it to every day, I'm sure.

hmfc_liam06

We've added a similar message and if I go to try book today it still displays the message. Although looking at their tee sheet for tomorrow for example, it has times booked...surely not :lol:

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We've added a similar message and if I go to try book today it still displays the message. Although looking at their tee sheet for tomorrow for example, it has times booked...surely not :lol:

Our tee sheet has been open the whole time and members are booking speculatively day by day.😂

We can book up to 14 days in advance on line.

Our news is either Fri 29th or Mon 1st  depending on announcement on Thurs by wee nicola.

5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Totally surprised.

Greenburn GC gents open

Tuesday 26th May

IMG-20200523-WA0000.jpg

Lots of club opens still open for booking despite there not being a cat in hells chance of them being played.

Poor show.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Our tee sheet has been open the whole time and members are booking speculatively day by day.😂

We can book up to 14 days in advance on line.

Our news is either Fri 29th or Mon 1st  depending on announcement on Thurs by wee nicola.

I think wee Nic can do one. It's game on for Friday regardless! 😄 

19 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think wee Nic can do one. It's game on for Friday regardless! 😄 

You would get my vote every time👍

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You would get my vote every time👍

👍. I could shoot 90 and think I'll enjoy it. 

5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

👍. I could shoot 90 and think I'll enjoy it. 

Me too .

Been playing The Golf Game on my laptop (bit old for it i know, but needs must) and cant break 100.

Will be good to get back to golf proper and break 80 😂

Does anyone know of any courses that will

open up to non members? Unfortunately I didn’t renew my membership this season and I know my old course is only open to members only not sure if that’s the case for all clubs. 

Samuel Camazzola
9 minutes ago, Alfie13 said:

open up to non members? Unfortunately I didn’t renew my membership this season and I know my old course is only open to members only not sure if that’s the case for all clubs. 

Dumbarnie Links. They don't have a membership book. Course opens for the first time on Friday. 

Depends how much you are looking to pay for the green fee though... 

27 minutes ago, Alfie13 said:

Some may allow guests, so if you know anyone who is a member, you may get lucky. I know we’re allowing guests. Need to email and pay in advance 

6 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Some may allow guests, so if you know anyone who is a member, you may get lucky. I know we’re allowing guests. Need to email and pay in advance 

What course do you play at?

2 minutes ago, Alfie13 said:

What course do you play at?

Forrester Park, got to say they’ve been amazing throughout this, no fees and now we’re back golfing no fees till July. Very appreciative of them and everything they’ve done. Didn’t expect it as been a member of a number of clubs previously also serving on the committee previously, so I know how tight money is in golf clubs.

Disser Pointon

Played Goswick today, 35mph winds but thoroughly enjoyed it and managed 31pts with 4 three putts so not to bad after a 3 month lay off. 

47 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Played Goswick today, 35mph winds but thoroughly enjoyed it and managed 31pts with 4 three putts so not to bad after a 3 month lay off. 

Good score in those conditions on that course. I'm full of envy, I won't lie...Travel far?...:biggrin:

Disser Pointon
14 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Good score in those conditions on that course. I'm full of envy, I won't lie...Travel far?...:biggrin:

Not too far........ mums the word. 😁

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Anyone know if the TIger v Phil match is being streamed online anywhere?

The whole thing will be broadcast live in the US by TNT – but where can you watch it in the UK? For a change, the answer is NOT Sky Sports. 

Negotiations between the organisers of the event and the main live golf broadcaster in the UK reportedly broke down.

• Meet Jan Collins - Golf's "Captain Tom"

Instead, the event will be shown live on the CNN news channel.

For Sky users, CNN is found in the news section of your TV guide at channel 506. Virgin Media users will also find it in their news section on channel 607. BT users can get it on 393 and Freesat on 203.

The broadcast starts at 8pm UK time and runs until 1am.

Samuel Camazzola
35 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Anyone know if the TIger v Phil match is being streamed online anywhere?

Channel 506 on Sky just now. 👍 

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Bet they didn't bank on that weather :lol:

The commentary tent is like a fishmongers! 😄 

How long will it be before there are moans about no female players or broadcasters being there? 

John mcCartney
3 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

haha,crafty....Im heading there on Tuesday,cant wait.
I saw the weather forecast for the weekend there and done a :runaway:
its breezy at the best of times as well.
Thats good scoring in what would have been ferocious crosswinds on many of the holes.

19 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

haha,crafty....Im heading there on Tuesday,cant wait.
I saw the weather forecast for the weekend there and done a :runaway:
its breezy at the best of times as well.
Thats good scoring in what would have been ferocious crosswinds on many of the holes.

Driving in England with a S in your registration plate could be costly...play well...:thumbsup:

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The commentary tent is like a fishmongers! 😄 

How long will it be before there are moans about no female players or broadcasters being there? 

Don't think it's any exaggeration to say I'd beat Tom Brady.

What is his handicap? Seriously can't be better than an 18.

Samuel Camazzola
17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Don't think it's any exaggeration to say I'd beat Tom Brady.

What is his handicap? Seriously can't be better than an 18.

8! I'd say the same but I've never played in front of cameras so I can see how a game can go to pieces. 

Samuel Camazzola

It was a better watch than last week's event but feel these events would be better over a par 3 course. 

hmfc_liam06
29 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It was a better watch than last week's event but feel these events would be better over a par 3 course. 

Even 12 holes on an 18 hole course, definitely took some time! 

hmfc_liam06

How's those tee sheets looking for Friday? We're pretty full for the whole of the day, entire morning booked up by 9.08 after opening bookings at 9.

Samuel Camazzola
9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

How's those tee sheets looking for Friday? We're pretty full for the whole of the day, entire morning booked up by 9.08 after opening bookings at 9.

Friday and Saturday full. Only options are someone joining up with a single player or the odd 9 hole slot late in the day. 

Sunday pretty much maxed out at peak times. Monday slots get released tonight. 

18 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not a spare time from 7am to 7pm 😂

Fortunately managed to grab one 

Weather looks fantastic for the big restart

Play well everybody

Samuel Camazzola

Talk of adjusted European Tour schedule sounding interesting. To enable consecutive competitions, plans are being made to try and accommodate a month's circuit within the UK. Courses being considered are those with on site hotels so an example could be - wk1 Belfry, wk 2 Celtic Manor, wk 3 Gleneagles, wk 4 Druids Glen. Tour players and caddies could arrive in advance to go through testing and isolation etc.. 

There are also plans for other events to be played over 54 holes and two a week. Reduced purses expected. 

24 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ours was fully booked within about 15 minutes of opening at 8pm last Friday.

I've managed to get slots for Friday and Sunday :D

Edited by Ray Gin

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ours have been hoovered up very quickly for Frid, Sat and Sund.    I didn't bother getting in early but swooped in to snap up a couple of times that people cancelled.    

50 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Ours was fully booked within about 15 minutes of opening at 8pm last Friday.

I've managed to get slots for Friday and Sunday :D

Has your club put a restriction on how many times you can play in 7 days?

Just now, Old Blue Eyes said:

Has your club put a restriction on how many times you can play in 7 days?

Supposed to be 3 times. Not being enforced though as my mate has booked 4 days in a row. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Supposed to be 3 times. Not being enforced though as my mate has booked 4 days in a row. 

We are currently 2 until it calms down. 78 tee times gone in under 5 minutes (all members), fastest finger first.