Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

On 14/04/2019 at 11:09, merrymac said:

Can sympathise been bothered the last couple of rounds,hard to focus and swing properly

A nice trip to the physio today seems to have helped a lot... Hopefully... I'm playing, Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sunday this week! 

I can't go through that pain again on the course!  ?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bigsmak said:

A nice trip to the physio today seems to have helped a lot... Hopefully... I'm playing, Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sunday this week! 

That will test out the Physio's talents!!

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Bigsmak said:

Do an online search for sciatic stretches. I usually feel a bout coming and start doing the stretches 3 or 4 times a day and it usually stops it from really kicking in.

16 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Do an online search for sciatic stretches. I usually feel a bout coming and start doing the stretches 3 or 4 times a day and it usually stops it from really kicking in.

I was given 3 stretches to do by the guy.. Will try to do them a lot - 

feel a bit better today but my inner thigh is so bruised for the session that i am not sure if its the same pain or a new one due to him beating the crap out of me on that table!  lol

Will do the stretches and hopefully they help

3 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

feel a bit better today but my inner thigh is so bruised for the session that i am not sure if its the same pain or a new one due to him beating the crap out of me on that table!  lol

Jeezo!  Hope you're back to ripping up the golf soon.

Thanks - I played on Sunday and hit a 373 yard drive on a 375 yard par 4 - wind assisted obviously. I've never driven that green before and always thought it might be possible... I was so close.... But hitting it well enough - I also drove the last into the wind at 290,,, But walking and swinging hurt like hell

hmfc_liam06
7 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Wonder if they're the same 3 I do.

- Pull alterate knees into your chest

- Rotate pelvis in a dry humping of the air fashion (oooh errrr)

- Knees together and move from side to side

hmfc_liam06

Fortunatley for me my sciatic pain doesn't bother me while playing or being active in general. It's not sciatica itself I suffer from, took me years to find out it's actually piriformis syndrome. A tiny muscle deep in the arse cheek that runs right across the sciatic nerve, so when it becomes inflammed it presses up against it.

Nope - there are 

1 - Bring feet together towards chest and push knees down 

2 - Left foot against wall at right angle - right foot over the left knee - Push down on the knee and pull on the right foot - 

3 - Kneel on 1 leg - push the other foot forward to, stretched but keeping foot flat on the floor- Hands above head and turn to sides stretching - 

I am not sure it if it Sciatica now - he said that it was something to do with my Hip - - but the nerve was trapped - he never used the S word

hmfc_liam06
4 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Nope - there are 

1 - Bring feet together towards chest and push knees down 

2 - Left foot against wall at right angle - right foot over the left knee - Push down on the knee and pull on the right foot - 

3 - Kneel on 1 leg - push the other foot forward to, stretched but keeping foot flat on the floor- Hands above head and turn to sides stretching - 

I am not sure it if it Sciatica now - he said that it was something to do with my Hip - - but the nerve was trapped - he never used the S word

Try these - https://www.thefoodphysio.com/low-back-pain-exercises/

43 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Anybody know how long it takes for the Scottish Golf website to update with scores form the weekend??

Depends entirely on how quick the home club uploads the results

hmfc_liam06

Finished 9th at the Longniddry scramble. Blew 2 shots on 16/17 which would have got us 3rd and in the prizes.

Letham Grange pairs this Sunday.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Las Americas, del Sur & Adeje all playing short for this time of year, can't wait to get back to Kilspindie with a 15/20 mph westerly and the tight manicured prestine divot free fairways.

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Las Americas, del Sur & Adeje all playing short for this time of year, can't wait to get back to Kilspindie with a 15/20 mph westerly and the tight manicured prestine divot free fairways.

Did you not play Amarilla?

Great wee par 3 down on the sea cliff. 5th.

16 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Wind set to be out of the East for the next two weeks:ermm:

Prestine? -which kind of fairway is that?

28 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Genuinely hope he chunks his first fairway shot :lol:

:pleasing: harsh but true , big juicy divot plz! 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Beaver pelt :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

He’ll just carry it round and play all his shots off it

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

47 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Beaver pelt :thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Hahaha top class :)

I'll be there on Saturday so I'll pack some binoculars and be on divot watch...

1 hour ago, SectionG said:

:greatpost:          :qqb006:

46 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Hahaha top class :)

I'll be there on Saturday so I'll pack some binoculars and be on divot watch...

You could double up on Tit watch:mw_rolleyes:

On 17/04/2019 at 04:16, Tommy Brown said:

Did you not play Amarilla?

Great wee par 3 down on the sea cliff. 5th.

My wee diamond wouldn't let me play 4 in 9.

That par 3 is one of the best on the island, a genuine knee knocker. Have you played the other courses I highlighted?

hmfc_liam06
55 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

That par 3 is one of the best on the island, a genuine knee knocker. Have you played the other courses I highlighted?

I've played Golf del Sur, really enjoyed it. Some cracking par 3's.

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Nah, I've only played Amarilla (twice). I just can't be arsed once I'm lying in the sun.

I'm bloody Kissimmee just now, the same, can't be bothered.

Wasted chance.

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've played Golf del Sur, really enjoyed it. Some cracking par 3's.

I agree, a few of the greens are marooned in the black sand, looked a bit odd initially, but no different to play out off...my partner said.:whistling:

Tommy Brown

Don't know about any of the others, but there is always a fair chance of a really stiff breeze at amarilla and GDS.

Can make it tough. 

Hopefully, going in October, force myself to hire clubs for the week and play 3 round package.

Love that area, like a 2nd home to me.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Nah, I've only played Amarilla (twice). I just can't be arsed once I'm lying in the sun.

I'm bloody Kissimmee just now, the same, can't be bothered.

Wasted chance.

Good for you. I'm the opposite Tommy, just cooking lying in the sun does my thrupenny bits in, need to be doing something, even just going for a walk, cant lie in it. Being fair skinned doesn't help. Played Highlands Reserve over their years ago, it was shitpence. 30 bucks, Callaway club hire, buggie, pint and a sandwich. One of the par 5s skirted our Villa, nipped in for a refreshment, found memories. 

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Good for you. I'm the opposite Tommy, just cooking lying in the sun does my thrupenny bits in, need to be doing something, even just going for a walk, cant lie in it. Being fair skinned doesn't help. Played Highlands Reserve over their years ago, it was shitpence. 30 bucks, Callaway club hire, buggie, pint and a sandwich. One of the par 5s skirted our Villa, nipped in for a refreshment, found memories. 

I'm pretty close to Falcons Fire and Hunters Creek.

Seeing about $25-40 then club hire, etc on top.

Mad thing, you really can't really walk to either, even though it's 2 miles.

Playing n my own, too.

Excuses. Excuses, lazy ***** in short.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

I agree, a few of the greens are marooned in the black sand, looked a bit odd initially, but no different to play out off...my partner said.:whistling:

Yeah the par 3 2nd is a great hole. Can't be shy of 200 yards and practically all carry to a green surrounded by black sand.

Really enjoyed the hole on the back 9, may have been the 2nd to last hole, approach shot over the water.

First open of the year today, -1, 71-2=69 at Nairn Dunbar, absolutely delighted, css usually around 74/75 so will hopefully get a good cut. 

Samuel Camazzola

First open of the year today, -1, 71-2=69 at Nairn Dunbar, absolutely delighted, css usually around 74/75 so will hopefully get a good cut. 

Good scoring. Think it's in with a shout for the prizes or is some bandit off 17 likely to post a net 62? 

11 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Good scoring. Think it's in with a shout for the prizes or is some bandit off 17 likely to post a net 62? 

Hopefully get a scratch prize! Just happy to get a cut , currently hovering at 2.2 so that’ll keep me away from 3 for a while. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Hopefully get a scratch prize! Just happy to get a cut , currently hovering at 2.2 so that’ll keep me away from 3 for a while. 

Gets the season earnings off to a good start if you manage a scratch prize. 

hmfc_liam06

First club comp of the season today and the driver/putter decide to not bother showing up. Been driving brilliant all winter as well :lol:

38 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

First club comp of the season today and the driver/putter decide to not bother showing up. Been driving brilliant all winter as well :lol:

Driver putter combo, mmmm, have to get one of them. Joking aside, bounce games are so laid back, no pressure. Some folk are allergic to scorecards, especially early in the season. The course must've been reeking of sunscreen, cracking day for it.

hmfc_liam06
22 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Driver putter combo, mmmm, have to get one of them. Joking aside, bounce games are so laid back, no pressure. Some folk are allergic to scorecards, especially early in the season. The course must've been reeking of sunscreen, cracking day for it.

I'd have been as well driving with my putter and putting with my driver.

Even in the winter comps the driver was pinging, got my winter handicap down from 17 to 14 but today it just totally went. Never mind, there's always tomorrow!

hmfc_liam06

Pairs open at Letham Grange today, tough track especially the back 9 where you really needed course knowledge. 

Really good layout, such a shame about the whole investor shit they've gone through. A stunning looking hotel lying derelict. 

Castle Stuart for me today on a freebie, absolutely horrendous front nine . Out in 42 ! Came back in level par though. Always an enjoyable experience playing it. 

Thinking about joining Forrester Park, anyone played/opinions? Moved to Dunfermline and wanted join someplace closer to home

hmfc_liam06
6 hours ago, SectionG said:

Thinking about joining Forrester Park, anyone played/opinions? Moved to Dunfermline and wanted join someplace closer to home

I've never actually played there but played the other 3. 

Canmore is the weakest of the 3. Pitreavie and Dunfermline are both really nice courses.

I do believe Forrester Park are full course all year long if you play a fair bit in the winter that may be a factor.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've never actually played there but played the other 3. 

Canmore is the weakest of the 3. Pitreavie and Dunfermline are both really nice courses.

I do believe Forrester Park are full course all year long if you play a fair bit in the winter that may be a factor.

Ive not played Pitreavie for a long time, but for some reason don’t remember it being that great. Dunfermline I like but it isn’t that much of a challenge and last time I looked it actually still had a joining fee, although that was probably about 3 years ago, can’t see membership prices on their website.

Forrester Park can be played all year round and has only ever been shut apparently due to frost or snow. It is also full course all year round greens and tees I have been told. Don’t think they use mats either, although one of our resident Winter Mat Experts might put me right on that one.

hmfc_liam06
26 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Ive not played Pitreavie for a long time, but for some reason don’t remember it being that great. Dunfermline I like but it isn’t that much of a challenge and last time I looked it actually still had a joining fee, although that was probably about 3 years ago, can’t see membership prices on their website.

Forrester Park can be played all year round and has only ever been shut apparently due to frost or snow. It is also full course all year round greens and tees I have been told. Don’t think they use mats either, although one of our resident Winter Mat Experts might put me right on that one.

I'm 99% sure FP are full course/no mats. They charge £25 in the winter so you'd expect full course.

Worthwhile popping in and mention you're thinking about joining, you'd likely get a freebie.

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm 99% sure FP are full course/no mats. They charge £25 in the winter so you'd expect full course.

Worthwhile popping in and mention you're thinking about joining, you'd likely get a freebie.

I might pop along today, not got many plans

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, SectionG said:

I might pop along today, not got many plans

It's probably the only course that I haven't played that's fairly local to me. Might look and see when their open is.