Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

William H. Bonney
26 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Hopefully Kisner wins it. Kuchar cemented his cock status with the way he dealt with the Sergio incident. 

Nothing more than Garcia deserved for being a petulant wee dick. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
30 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Nothing more than Garcia deserved for being a petulant wee dick. 

Sergio made a mistake but Kuchar calling for the ref when he knew what the ref would say was very low. It seems a lot of his fellow professionals are not happy with him again. 

28 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Sergio made a mistake but Kuchar calling for the ref when he knew what the ref would say was very low. It seems a lot of his fellow professionals are not happy with him again. 

Kuchar is a snidey wee prick. Absolute welt of a man. 

Remember the coltart interview ?? prick! 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Kuchar is a snidey wee prick. Absolute welt of a man. 

Remember the coltart interview ?? prick! 

Yeah, one of many incidents. He blanked Coltart completely when everyone else was having a quick word on the range. 

Sergio is experienced enough to have vented his frustrations in other ways but all Kuchar had to say was he'd given the putt. He could have then had a quiet word with Sergio and his caddie. No need whatsoever to have called the ref to hide behind the ruling. 

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Yeah, one of many incidents. He blanked Coltart completely when everyone else was having a quick word on the range. 

Sergio is experienced enough to have vented his frustrations in other ways but all Kuchar had to say was he'd given the putt. He could have then had a quiet word with Sergio and his caddie. No need whatsoever to have called the ref to hide behind the ruling. 

Did he call the ref, or did the ref intervene? 

Edit. Apologies. I've just seen that kuchar called the ref. 

That's pretty low. 

Edited by Dino Velvet

Samuel Camazzola
14 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Did he call the ref, or did the ref intervene? 

Edit. Apologies. I've just seen that kuchar called the ref. 

That's pretty low. 

Yeah, a few pros and caddies calling out Kuchar for sneaky antics. 

The Koo's will now be Boo's. If Kucher had conceded Garcia's putt, it may have patched up a couple of brainfart incidents recently. He chose unwisely by adding a third, tube!

Samuel Camazzola

Has anybody done the MacMillan Longest Day Challenge and if so, know of clubs that are accommodating to provide use of their course? Likewise, name the clubs who don't want to entertain this so I don't waste time contacting them. 

Looking to find courses in Fife, Edinburgh and Lothians (although the chosen four will need to be not too far apart so time isn't being eaten up by travelling between them.) 

hmfc_liam06
5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Has anybody done the MacMillan Longest Day Challenge and if so, know of clubs that are accommodating to provide use of their course? Likewise, name the clubs who don't want to entertain this so I don't waste time contacting them. 

Looking to find courses in Fife, Edinburgh and Lothians (although the chosen four will need to be not too far apart so time isn't being eaten up by travelling between them.) 

I'd imagine my place (Lochgelly) would be, folk have done it there before. Short and an fairly easy walk.

hmfc_liam06

Finally decided to make the trip to Machrihanish this summer. Heading over in June, will be playing the Dunes and Dunaverty one day with the Machrihanish open the next day.

Cannot effin wait!

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd imagine my place (Lochgelly) would be, folk have done it there before. Short and an fairly easy walk.

Cheers, will add it to the list and see what four we can get. 

Finally decided to make the trip to Machrihanish this summer. Heading over in June, will be playing the Dunes and Dunaverty one day with the Machrihanish open the next day.

Cannot effin wait!

I've wanted to head over for a few years but never got around to sorting something. 

Was it the original course that suffered a huge fire in their clubhouse a few months back? 

hmfc_liam06
15 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Cheers, will add it to the list and see what four we can get. 

I've wanted to head over for a few years but never got around to sorting something. 

Was it the original course that suffered a huge fire in their clubhouse a few months back? 

Aye it was. Dunes is the new course.

23 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Done it a few years back at Taymouth Castle ... outstanding course btw and we had the full course to ourselves, played a couple of practice rounds then obviously the 4 rounds.  They also gave us the keys to the £1M show home to use mid-round and provided food and drinks in that house :)  It's actually easier than walking a 26 miles - done the Moonwalk a few times, even though it ended up the same distance.

Raised £3000.

53 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Done it a few years back at Taymouth Castle ... outstanding course btw and we had the full course to ourselves, played a couple of practice rounds then obviously the 4 rounds.  They also gave us the keys to the £1M show home to use mid-round and provided food and drinks in that house :)  It's actually easier than walking a 26 miles - done the Moonwalk a few times, even though it ended up the same distance.

Raised £3000.

I should add - between rounds don't stop for long, towel your feet, talc them and change your socks, also wear a lycra short that covers your thighs and keeps your baws in position.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

I should add - between rounds don't stop for long, towel your feet, talc them and change your socks, also wear a lycra short that covers your thighs and keeps your baws in position.

default_ooh_matron2.png

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Raised £3000.

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Great effort, nice work scoring those perks and great tips for the challenge ahead. 

I'd breeze this as a junior but I think 36 holes will be the point where fatigue sets in! ? 

hmfc_liam06
5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

:spoton:

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Great effort, nice work scoring those perks and great tips for the challenge ahead. 

I'd breeze this as a junior but I think 36 holes will be the point where fatigue sets in! ? 

Are you thinking of playing 4 different courses rather than the same course 4 times?

hmfc_liam06

Had a freebie at Anstruther yesterday. Not a bad wee 9 holer and home of the hardest par 3 in Scotland.

Americans in front of us, one of them was hitting driver at a 130 yard par 3 :lol:

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Had a freebie at Anstruther yesterday. Not a bad wee 9 holer and home of the hardest par 3 in Scotland.

Americans in front of us, one of them was hitting driver at a 130 yard par 3 :lol:

:cornette: 

hmfc_liam06
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:cornette: 

I mean it was windy as hell but I still hit 7 iron onto the green.

No doubt they've played or will be playing St Andrews etc.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

130 into the wind? Driver sounds about right to me? 

He needed more than the driver, tee shot only went about 40 yards. He took an 11 :lol:

Samuel Camazzola

He needed more than the driver, tee shot only went about 40 yards. He took an 11 :lol:

I hope they let you through. If not, I'd be hitting a driver towards them! ? 

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ha Ha, 

23 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Anyone playing the Longniddry scramble on Sunday?

No but I'm playing the Kilspindie Medal at the weekend!!!  #MatsOutForSummer

11 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

???

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Get the mats out for the lads!

6 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Arma on his way to the official Kilspindie April mat burning ceremony

image.jpeg.1ef08bff94901ceab05765b08d710571.jpeg

Just now, merrymac said:

Arma on his way to the official Kilspindie April mat burning ceremony

image.jpeg.1ef08bff94901ceab05765b08d710571.jpeg

Fear not gents, I’ll be sure to report back with the spring/summer Nazi regime!!!  

13 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Fear not gents, I’ll be sure to report back with the spring/summer Nazi regime!!!  

Have you completed your "pre play inspection" yet?

Hope you pass mate, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about!

Edited by merrymac

On another topic

Played Duns this week,what an excellent wee course. Some really good holes, especially on the front nine.

Well worth a visit, not expensive,and some excellent views on the way round.

Samuel Camazzola
19 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Sock length needs to conform and tailored shorts require the crease to be prominent. 

Out of interest, what is their policy on metal spikes? I change all my shoes to old school Champ metal spikes out of preference. I'm not keen on soft spikes as they clog up to easily. 

Edited by Samuel Camazzola

4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Sock length needs to conform and tailored shorts require the crease to be prominent. 

Out of interest, what is their policy on metal spikes? I change all my shoes to old school Champ metal spikes out of preference. I'm not keen on soft spikes as they clog up to easily. 

Shoot on sight !!

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Sniper in the starter's booth! ? 

:rofl:

Either that or one of these

Image result for massive magnet

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

:rofl:

Either that or one of these

Image result for massive magnet

Clamps attached to spikes and voltage turned up! 

Harry Potter
On 10/04/2019 at 21:38, Samuel Camazzola said:

Old toothbrush cleans them up, never used metal spikes for years.

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Old toothbrush cleans them up, never used metal spikes for years.

Don't want to be getting the old toothbrush out every 5 mins to clear the cleats. 

Old school is still the way to go! 

First proper club comp of the season played on Thursday, first club comp of the season won?

Decent handicap cut to 12.9 from 13.8

17 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

Sciatica.... Not helpful on the golf course.. 

that is all

Can sympathise been bothered the last couple of rounds,hard to focus and swing properly

11 hours ago, Armageddon said:

East Lothian is hard to beat on days like today ?? Blowy as feck but beautiful.

A5CFBA9E-B66A-43BF-A250-77BEE68837FF.jpeg

It is indeed!

Is that a few discarded mats I can see lying about?

19 hours ago, Armageddon said:

East Lothian is hard to beat on days like today ?? Blowy as feck but beautiful.

A5CFBA9E-B66A-43BF-A250-77BEE68837FF.jpeg

Good to see the lack of mat usage has allowed good aeration and encouraged some nice growth ?