Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

47 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The 'spikes' bar could be very very decent ... the staff that work it are unreal ... and in no way a good way!!  The catering staff are the polar opposite, lovely food and very very friendly - they run separately. 

Cheers

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Aye that's the one - next to Green Craig.  For those that don't know Green Craig https://www.onthemarket.com/details/711910/  There's a house very similar next to it but it's an absolute wreck.

The last few weekends the number of walkers hitting the coast was fairly decent ...

Sorry, should've explained my uncertainty regarding the thousands of walkers. The sanctuary that Kilspindie constantly provides, why would you want to spoil it by enticing thousands to a half way house/café to make a bomb? You are aware that Kilspindie is already cash rich? The club is also in the envious position along with a handful of other clubs in East Lothian that still have a waiting list. The club received near on a quarter of a million pounds back from vat that was improperly added to visitors green fees and tour operator costs over the last ten years. Being a club, I'm sure Kilspindie has restrictions on how much profit it can make each year, staying within these limits attract a few finacial benefits...allegedly.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

8 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

The point, what is that exactly? Please explain.

Why so serious?

What’s serious? I am confused by this comment or what exactly you’re trying to get at.

The point being the mentality of the Kilspindie membership. Not the easiest people to get on with.

18 minutes ago, SectionG said:

What’s serious? I am confused by this comment or what exactly you’re trying to get at.

The point being the mentality of the Kilspindie membership. Not the easiest people to get on with.

Your generalisation of the Kilspindie membership is extremely harsh. Is the above assumption based on numerous Kilspindie members or just the two you've encountered on here? If it's numerous...it could be you!:whistling:

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Your generalisation of the Kilspindie membership is extremely harsh. Is the above assumption based on numerous Kilspindie members or just the two you've encountered on here? If it's numerous...it could be you!:whistling:

In that case it’s good to know you’re not a reflection of the majority of members, in which case there may be some thoroughly decent and inclusive people within the membership. Glad you’ve cleared that up and I’m sorry I’ve tarred them all with the same brush having had the misfortune of running into a Mat Nazi like yourself first.

13 hours ago, SectionG said:

In that case it’s good to know you’re not a reflection of the majority of members, in which case there may be some thoroughly decent and inclusive people within the membership. Glad you’ve cleared that up and I’m sorry I’ve tarred them all with the same brush having had the misfortune of running into a Mat Nazi like yourself first.

Apology accepted.

18 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

And conversely if its just you - he could be right ?

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Probably be banned... but worth it!

C0FDE40F-5C3B-4226-B19B-0D5D81EFBFEB.jpeg

The ridicule and humiliation on this forum is intolerable...:rofl:Quality! 

18 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Could be, but more than likely not

Might have expressed myself poorly but I was agreeing with you !!?

Harry Potter
On 26/02/2019 at 17:56, merrymac said:

Might have expressed myself poorly but I was agreeing with you !!?

Anyone tell me what the joining fee is for Kilspindie please, i have the taylored shorts and a tie if needed for the bar.

Obviously the shorts for the course .

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Anyone tell me what the joining fee is for Kilspindie please, i have the taylored shorts and a tie if needed for the bar.

you probably have to pass an interview as well Doug.

Any past misdemeanours may work against you. (not that you have done anything stupid, eh?) :whistling:

obviously your opinion on mats, would be important to them.

edit:-

£1,050 to join & £520 a year (OK in my opinion) +£30 bar vouchers

if you fancy Pumpherston at £645, give me a shout and I'll get you a 1st year discount

Edited by Tommy Brown

Harry Potter
28 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

you probably have to pass an interview as well Doug.

Any past misdemeanours may work against you. (not that you have done anything stupid, eh?) :whistling:

obviously your opinion on mats, would be important to them.

edit:-

£1,050 to join & £520 a year (OK in my opinion) +£30 bar vouchers

if you fancy Pumpherston at £645, give me a shout and I'll get you a 1st year discount

Thankyou, i always behave on the golf course 

2thumbsup.gif

7 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

But do you have your precisely sized mat for playing from th first cut.?:ermm:

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

But do you have your precisely sized mat for playing from th first cut.?:ermm:

Afraid not.

Kilspindie is getting a bit of a hard time here due to one person, got to admit I have been part of it. But as I am meant to be playing it this year I better watch what I am saying as the Mat Nazi may catch me accidentally leaving a grain of sand out of position following a visit to a bunker

William H. Bonney
25 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Kilspindie is getting a bit of a hard time here due to one person, got to admit I have been part of it. But as I am meant to be playing it this year I better watch what I am saying as the Mat Nazi may catch me accidentally leaving a grain of sand out of position following a visit to a bunker

Be careful. Nazi's usually hide in bunkers. 

2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Be careful. Nazi's usually hide in bunkers. 

My golf balls must be Nazi’s

Samuel Camazzola

Full round at The Torrance today in cracking weather conditions. Course is in very good condition and no need for any fairway mat nonsense. 

Had my first knee high drop too. Think I mastered it after one attempt! ? 

13 hours ago, SectionG said:

On the contrary dear fellow. Numerous contributors on here have gave me both barrels for enlightening a fellow members knowledge of Kilspindies compulsory winter rules, six years he was in the dark. Thanks to me and this thread, he's now aware of the rules. :tongue:

13 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Full round at The Torrance today in cracking weather conditions. Course is in very good condition and no need for any fairway mat nonsense. 

Had my first knee high drop too. Think I mastered it after one attempt! ? 

The course condition you enjoyed today may have been the result of mat use during previous winters...just saying like!

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Samuel Camazzola
35 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

The course condition you enjoyed today may have been the result of mat use during previous winters...just saying like!

They've never had mats in use up there. Full tees and greens all year round. ? 

The only mats are the ones introduced to the range. 

6 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Wide fairways, numerous tee's and big greens, no need then.

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Proper course:thumbsup:

hmfc_liam06

Cracking round at Kirkcaldy this morning. 

A new PB was on the cards, was +8 with 4 holes to play (PB is +10) but ended up dropping 6 shots over those last 4. Still a 3 under handicap round and starting to get into a groove in time for the season.

52 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Proper championship course...:thumbsup:

And not using mats !!! amazing that they can get it into championship condition- quite remarkable really

Championship condition in March, in Scotland...:rofl:what the £*ck are you on Seve?

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Championship condition in March, in Scotland...:rofl:what the £*ck are you on Seve?

Think you need to stop munching on your mat and start hitting shots off it.

Who mentioned condition in March? "Get it into" championship condition. Because its impossible for a course to be in good condition without using mats throughout 6 months of the year and on all playing parts of the course is your opinion it seems. Paying good money to play toy golf for six months:rofl::rofl:.

24 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think you need to stop munching on your mat and start hitting shots off it.

Who mentioned condition in March? "Get it into" championship condition. Because its impossible for a course to be in good condition without using mats throughout 6 months of the year and on all playing parts of the course is your opinion it seems. Paying good money to play toy golf for six months:rofl::rofl:.

You type that highlighted bit underwater?  There's 3 sentences in there FFS!

8 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

You type that highlighted bit underwater?  There's 3 sentences in there FFS!

Mat Nazi and Grammar police.

Certainly an expert in being overly officious  

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Mat Nazi and Grammar police.

Certainly an expert in being overly officious  

Never any need to be overly, just enough suffices...capital G in grammar...keep on digging dude.

10 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Never any need to be overly, just enough suffices...capital G in grammar...keep on digging dude.

You were mildly amusing at first, now just boring.

Correcting grammar on a football forum:rofl:

Dude? really? - getting down and hip with the kids at Kilspindie :facepalm:

Edited by merrymac

hmfc_liam06
5 hours ago, Barack said:

Haven't looked at this thread in a while.

I miss Sten Guns, on the golf forum. Wonder what happened to him.

Think he packed KB in, some time last year maybe.

A member at the matless Longniddry.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

On 06/02/2019 at 16:29, Armageddon said:

Kilspindie - not strictly true though, just play later and there are never any mats left, if it's bang in the middle of the fairway we kick to the side but not 100% in the rough, the course is immaculate these days.

On 07/02/2019 at 15:49, Old Blue Eyes said:

What do you do when your ball is not in the middle of the fairway? Kilspindie member asking.

I cannot believe what has happened here since posting this line about mats at Kilspindie :(

Watching the Arnold Palmer Invitational on Sky.

How bad a commentator is Mark Roe. Totally monotone ,no rapport with his fellow commentators, and tries to be funny and totally fails

I know Ewan Murray is not everyones cup of tea, but why Sky are going with Roe I dont know..

Samuel Camazzola
15 hours ago, merrymac said:

Watching the Arnold Palmer Invitational on Sky.

How bad a commentator is Mark Roe. Totally monotone ,no rapport with his fellow commentators, and tries to be funny and totally fails

I know Ewan Murray is not everyones cup of tea, but why Sky are going with Roe I dont know..

I don't mind him. His content is usually decent even if his voice is not for all. 

He's done a few good features on The Masters using some impressive camera work. 

I'd rather have him than Alliss providing commentary. 

Edited by Samuel Camazzola

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I don't mind him. His content is usually decent even if his voice is not for all. 

He's done a few good features on The Masters using some impressive camera work. 

I'd rather have him than Alliss providing commentary. 

Agree on that one, rather have Scooby Doo than Alliss

Everybody Loves Baz!

Quick question peeps. Has anyone customised their wedges? As in stamping and infill paint jobs?

And if so, have you got them done professionally or done them yourself??

Or post a pic if you can?

Samuel Camazzola

Some hole in one from Ryan Moore on 17 at Sawgrass. Slam-dunk without a bounce. The hole needs repaired now! ? 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Some hole in one from Ryan Moore on 17 at Sawgrass. Slam-dunk without a bounce. The hole needs repaired now! ? 

Hit the shaft about halfway up ,and shot straight down. 

Slightly different from Paul Casey :facepalm:

Starting to think I need a new set of irons (currently using mizuno mx300) and I think I’ll go for a fitting to get them. Last year I got a new driver from Scott Gourlay but I was thinking of just going to American Golf for the irons. Alternatively, I could go up to Gleneagles and get fitted for a new set of mizzys. Does anyone have any recommendations?

As an aside the new Ping i500s look gorgeous.