Would you play Bruno this Sunday ?

CJGJ

Serious question in light of not only newspaper speculation but also comments from his agent.

Can we trust that he will give 100% given that his own future could depend upon a Rangers title win ?

Last minute penalty to win -- do you let him take it ? Can you trust him to take it ?

I would hope he would be professional and dispassionate but it is a tough position to put a player in especially as match away from home where I feel it is sometimes easier to hide a slip in performance.

Serious question in light of not only newspaper speculation but also comments from his agent.

Can we trust that he will give 100% given that his own future could depend upon a Rangers title win ?

Last minute penalty to win -- do you let him take it ? Can you trust him to take it ?

I would hope he would be professional and dispassionate but it is a tough position to put a player in especially as match away from home where I feel it is sometimes easier to hide a slip in performance.

stop reading weegie rags. they're not good for you and make you come out with nonsense like this.

Are we seriously going to let rumours from the Daily Star influence team selection?

vintage1874

since he missed the last penalty he took I'd say no let calum elliott take it. In saying that I don't doubt Bruno for a minute he'll give 100% of the JT's, surely if he leaves he'll go to a better league than spl!

portobellojambo1

I suggest you ignore the guff that appears in Glasgow based papers, and leave the negotiations to Hearts and Bruno.

Of course we can. As much as it saddens me to admit it, he's trying to impress - it's just a shame that he's probably not necessarily focused on impressing US. He's one of our best players and far too useful to leave on the bench, it's that simple.

yep weegie papers GTF..will you all stop reading them please?? god it really is that simple...we pay him a fortune and he is one of our best players..it's such a no brainer

Rick Grimes
Of course we can. As much as it saddens me to admit it, he's trying to impress - it's just a shame that he's probably not necessarily focused on impressing US. He's one of our best players and far too useful to leave on the bench, it's that simple.

what she said

I wouldn't play Bruno based on his performances. Take away his freekick against the tattie munchers and he's been ordinary at best over the last few weeks.

I wouldn't play Bruno based on his performances. Take away his freekick against the tattie munchers and he's been ordinary at best over the last few weeks.

i would say he has been better than ordinary

and hes only one off a few players who can produce a piece of magic like that free kick

What a stupid thread.

He plays, full stop.

Yet again the Rangers press try to pick our team, Bruno has ambitions away from Scotland whether that is this year or next then who knows. It will never be Rangers though. They can't affoard anybody near Brunos class these days.

Buffalo Bill

Take Elton John's piano away from him and you're left with a fat, stroppy puff on a stool.

Buffalo Bill

slashishere

Lets just not bother pitching up as anyone that does have a good game will be getting touted as the next Old Squirm recruit.

Honestly the op's paranioa is up there with Vlads.

heartsfc_fan
Neilson could be more likely to head along the M8 ??

True.

If Bruno is going anywhere, it will be out of Scotland.

Nelly Terraces

I spoke to the resident Hun Rankers fan at the office today.

It's OK though, I promise, I will STILL be going on Sunday, and will be giving 100% support for the Hearts.

It'll be in the Daily ****** tomorrow. I gave it to you lot as a scoop.:shifty:

Csaba's Broon Shoes

The weegie media print these stories to un-settle the oppositions players and team , usually on the day of the match .

Why would Bruno want to sign for either of the old -firm and then sit on the bench for a season when he has already missed 18 months of football recently ?

Rangers want him so we don't have him and therefore weakens the competitiveness for a challenger to 2nd place in the SPL .

Bruno has been an average Hearts player at best , 5-6 matches above average run then an excellent free-kick against Celtic . His previous dead balls were poor prior to his goal .

I believe every professional / amatuer plays to win at football , of course he can be trusted and he should be a certain starter for Ibrox .

After missing the penalty against Killie it should be somebody elses turn .

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Hearts stuck by him and helped him through his very serious injury and 18 month layoff, Bruno has always stated he respects hearts for the support they gave him so this gives me the impression he will do his best whilst wearing the shirt.

Lets not forget though that a footballers career is short and they ideally have to make as much money as possible in that time so can you really blame him if he wants to get a better deal elsewhere especially if the rumours of hearts wanting him to sign a new contract on a lesser wage are true.

My point is I would play him in every game whilst he is fit and when he does eventually leave then good luck to him!!

Only a Game

I'm going to buck the trend here and say he shouldnt play again for Hearts. The guys agent has been in various papers (not just the weegie ones) countless times since his client got fit publicising his clients availability to all and sundry. I suspect he's also holding a gun to Hearts head over money.

Basically he's doing the exact same thing that Websters agent did and trying to whore his client to the Old Firm.

Bruno Aquiar isnt HALF the player Webster was when he started all his nonsense and he should sign a contract or GTF to Glasgow or wherever it is he thinks he's good enough for.

Feck him.......disloyal ungrateful judas wee sh\t.

Only a Game
Hearts stuck by him and helped him through his very serious injury and 18 month layoff, Bruno has always stated he respects hearts for the support they gave him so this gives me the impression he will do his best whilst wearing the shirt.

Lets not forget though that a footballers career is short and they ideally have to make as much money as possible in that time so can you really blame him if he wants to get a better deal elsewhere especially if the rumours of hearts wanting him to sign a new contract on a lesser wage are true.

My point is I would play him in every game whilst he is fit and when he does eventually leave then good luck to him!!

Respects Hearts ?...................Not enough to sign a contract with them though huh ?

southside1874

I'm sure the man will make the choice. Do you think he made that choice overnight? Will he play his heart out? Will you allow him to give his all?

It is my belief that the statement about agents this week was a warning shot across the bows of Bruno's agent and it would not surprise me to see him dropped in favour of Jonsson or Larry (I'm not saying I agree with this).

I'm not convinced that Laszlo sees him as a key player for the future anyway - he lacks pace and, dare I say it, consistent commitment. He will however still wish to have a stage to display his talents for potential suitors and on that basis may be fortunate enough to get a start but I reckon if he fails to shine he will be hauled off sooner rather than later.

I think his days are numbered.

Only a Game
Are we seriously going to let rumours from the Daily Star influence team selection?

Certainly not, we're going to let the fact that we have an un-committed player who's agent cant keep his mouth shut about him moving on, influence team selection.

I long for the day when Hearts are good enough to carry passengers and players who are less than 100% committed but their talent sees them through.

Unfortunately we're not at that stage.

I think it would be a far more useful message to send out to drop him and tell him to find another club.

Christ is he that good and we're that poor, that HE NEEDS to play ??

If Bruno goes to either of the uglies it will be Celtic as a replacement for Nakamura. Mainly as he has scored a few good free kicks.

Of course I would play him.

Other than the weedja press touting him for Rangers/Celtic, which unfortunately coincides with his agent putting stuff out to find him a new club, there has been nothing to suggest he is going to either of the OF, any the less committed to helping Hearts win or that he'd give anything other than 100% effort.

If it wasn't for the fact that we know we can't afford to keep him, we would give no credit to the OF stories at all as they are just typical media trying to unsettle folk as they do to all teams before they play one of them.

grumpyespana

Yes I would play him simply because we have to play our strongest team for the rest of the season also if you do not play him you can have the situation of ie Neilson and a few others signing pre contracts with other sottish teams then do you play our youngsters and loss the chance of europe. As if we get a penalty is it not Obua to take the next one.

Grumpy.

Mr Quagmire

Bruno aint going to Rankers, apparently he told someone close to him that it rains to much in Glasgow.

Simples.

I tend to agree with you.

markletissier

i think he should play.

i wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw kingston make a cameo as well, he only seems to turn out for the big games so could be a good shout.

Dr. Bapswent
Not sure if I'd play Bruno at Ibrox on Saturday. I'm not sure he can be trusted.

Who at Hearts can!

I think this sums it up.

This guy has talent in spades but apart from a couple of extraordinary set pieces and 'Brazilian' passes he has been petty average / poor. I hope the appetite and consistency do return but for me he is just one of a few players who can do a job in the hole.

dkmmgcycbwc

I don't think Laszlo will pay much attention to agents talking up their "product" or the usual rubbish from the west of Scotland media (What happened to Rangers million plus bid for St Mirren's main man before the Cup semi last week? Haven't heard quite so much about it this week.).

I'm sure he'll pick the team as he sees fit which means Aguiar will almost certainly start. We've had the same guff about Wallace, Driver and even Banks before Rangers games in the recent past.

Not sure if I'd play Bruno at Ibrox on Saturday. I'm not sure he can be trusted.

i'd play him 24hr later, he'd probably have more of an impact. :err:

barry anderson made some good points for bruno to stay at hearts for at least another year, in yesterdays EEN.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-It39s-time-for-Bruno.5215588.jp

btw, his agent is a c0ck (imho)

The Old Tolbooth
stop reading weegie rags. they're not good for you and make you come out with nonsense like this.

What he said!

Archived