St Mirren Media Protest!

Craig_

Gavsy Van Gaverson
What do they have against freeland like?

Normally the referee that ref'd the first game will also referee the replay. St Mirren believe that it should therefore be Mike McCurry.

Although using the same referee is normal practice, there are no rules in place which say it has to be the same referee.

Something about nothing in my opinion.

What do they have against freeland like?

It has something to do with him being 4th Official at a game last season.

He had been asked something and had acted like a right arrogant tosser.

No surprise there eh.

Anyway somebody at the spl has seen fit not to award any league games involving St midden to Freeland since Jan 2007.

So it makes me think that the SPL have kept the tosser out the way but that now seems at an end.

No surprise there eh.

Anyway somebody at the spl has seen fit not to award any league games involving St midden to Freeland since Jan 2007.

So it makes me think that the SPL have kept the tosser out the way but that now seems at an end.

Some sort of altercation between him and the delightful Gus MacPherson apparently!

Must be the first time anyone's actually wanted Mike McCurry to ref a game!

No surprise there eh.

Yep the sfa can do that. Andy freemason Davis was never allowed to run the line at another Hearts game (or rangers game) after his cheating display in 2005. Think he retired later that year but got the cup final celtic v united

Can't we object to Dougie MacDonald being in charge at Parkhead?

Is it fair that an ex-Hibs season ticket holder can keep refereeing Hearts matches? His record in charge shows a quite abnormal amount of Hearts defeats compared to wins.

I thought that the SFA appointed the refs for both the SPL and Cup matches?

So how has Freeland been kept away from any St Mirren league games since January 07 if there is not someone in the SFA deciding which refs get awarded what games?

If there is an unofficial way for the SFA to ensure that refs are NOT given a certain team's games then why have Hearts not asked for Dougie McDonald to never officiate at our games?

Nowt to do with the SPL this - it's all the SFA

I hope so. I hate Freemasons. They're everywhere, especially in the media:

http://www.myspace.com/freemasons

:mystic:

I myself dont hate anything I know absolutely nothing about,I find that an extremely stupid way of thinking.The easy way out in my eyes.

"Especially in the media"...rubbish:cool:

"They are everywhere"...fact. Even some of our very own footballing heroes may well be the target of your hatred:)

They even frequent this board;)

I myself dont hate anything I know absolutely nothing about,I find that an extremely stupid way of thinking.The easy way out in my eyes.

"Especially in the media"...rubbish:cool:

"They are everywhere"...fact. Even some of our very own footballing heroes may well be the target of your hatred:)

They even frequent this board;)

Try clicking on the link before getting your knickers in a twist.

Nae bother, it was quite funny to see Kickback's number one winder-upper getting wound up!

Now why would that be....I wonder:rolleyes:

gus the gorilla has been told, by the sfa, not to talk about this episode.

so he said on scotland today. :P

CL has waded in just to stir it as well; " freeland is a fair man............sfa never goin to change refs.............puts pressure on alan now..................." :wavey:

Can you imagine the media reaction if Hearts were to say in the press that they don't want Hobo McDonald reffing another of our games?

I'd guess it would be slightly different than how the media are treating St Mirren's case.

Heard a bit or Real Radio tonight and EC was all for Freeland being the subject of an investigation by the SFA and should be taken out the firing line to protect him. Thought to myself if that was Hearts and Hobo McDonald then EC would be spinning it a different way entirely.

McCurry should not be reffing St Mirren anyway as like Kenny Clark he comes from Paisley - nor should McDonald be reffing us on Saturday. This is the GFA trying to justify having weegie refs to ref OF games.

I think the main point in all of this is being missed. The very fact that the SFA did not want it to come into the public domain. It did and the first thing they appear to do is put an un-official gagging order on St Mirrren manager Gus McPherson.

Being a naturally inquisitive person I ask myself why? What have the SFA got to hide over this matter. If Freeland has no charge to answer then why keep it hush hush and brush it under the carpet. A new broom sweeping Hampden with the appointment of Gordon Smith as the CEO. I dont think so I think he has realised just how establishment he has had to become.

Mr Keith Jackson where are you spouting off about investigations into the dubity of referees in Scotland over this matter? Your silence is deafining.

John

Colonel Kurtz

Was debating ref bias

Somebody made the point that Willie Young never refereed a major final after giving us the Fulton penalty.

He defended himself by stating it was the only penalty he had ever awarded aginst "glasgow rangers",and they had "plenty time"

Also claims he told all and sundry he was going to send off a Hearts player in his last game ,and did

According to Unreal Radio last night, and today's ******, he was the fourth official at a St Mirren game, had a bust up with McPherson, and told him that St Mirren would not win any game he was in charge off.

Not too different to what Hobo McDonald does to hearts, just that Freeland made it public.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/2008/02/13/st-mirren-ask-for-change-of-ref-for-dundee-utd-clash-86908-20318021/

Might be why Freeland is retiring at the end of the season - will be interesting to see if the SFA give him the Cup Final...

Fine Scottish Wine
According to Unreal Radio last night, and today's ******, he was the fourth official at a St Mirren game, had a bust up with McPherson, and told him that St Mirren would not win any game he was in charge off.

A club and a ref i have no liking for, however i would be more inclined to believe the club in this matter. Refs are getting far too up themselves.

Archived