Last Night

Julio

Commander Harris
****dee knocked out the "mighty" Motherwell in the Scottish Cup at FP. They managed to do with nine men what we failed to do with eleven. Pathetic that we were emptied out the SC by them. Still were heading in the right direction right enough. :rolleyes:

We played terrible at Motherwell and I agree that we should have done better and should still be in that competition. Having said that I do not think that that defeat, bad though it was, cancels out the progress that HAS been made.

It is small steps but I believe it is undeniable. From 6 straight defeats in a row to 5 games unbeaten, including 3 wins and 3 clean sheets in a row, is progress. It doesn't mean all our problems are gone, it doesn't mean all is rosy - there is still a lot that needs to be put right - but it is an improvement.

My hope is that we can continue to make these small steps forward, save face for this season and be in a steady position to build on for the next.

:)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please show me anybody who thinks all is well with the world at hearts at the moment ?

err go on then not even Frail thinks that.

that negates any point the lone ranger and silver makes.

You have to beat the team thats put out in front of you we have done that in the last 3 league games ,not spectacularly but we have beat them with out loosing a goal,and that pub team Gretna have beaten Dundee united twice have we?.

The cup games proved there are still many faults with the team and likely celtic will expose this too.

but only someone or maybe some people on the wind up would post constant negativity and would choose to ignore the improvement that are there to be seen.

Again show me who has there head in the sand ,that is the point you are trying to make is it not?

We had hit rock bottom (well, 2nd bottom!!) .... After sinking so low, we could only improve surely!? Will be interesting to see how we fare in our next few matches.

PS - Compare our current team & league position to where we were under Burley, BEFORE MadVlad's interventions into team affairs!? :confused:

Just a thought but how do you know a new manager has not been identified.

How do you know he is not already working for us.

Stevie Frail in charge till the end of the season new manager on spying missions identifying possible signings

As i say just a thought.

Well that would certainly be a first in the history of football. Not one leak to the media from any party involved (Hearts, manager, agent, players). There is as much chance of that scenario being true as there is of Gretna avoiding releagtion this season.

As expected Julios entourage has shown up, old hearts and horse, we just need his hibs mate paulandshark to appear to complete the set.

Good afternoon :)

We_are_the_Hearts
The 3 wins have put to bed any notion that we could be dragged into a relegation fight so I'm thankful for that. It was never likely given Gretna are the worst SPL side in history, still I'm pleased that this Hearts squad are not in a position of having to win crunch matches as it is very debatable whether they have the stomach on the park and the leadership of it.

The worry for me is that Romanov will see a few wins on the board and think everything is rosy in the Tynecastle garden when of course this is a million miles from the truth. The lap dogs that feed him information could quite easily be covering their own backs and making things seem as if great progress is being made. If anyone honestly thinks that then they are deluding themselves. The gruesome twosome have widened the gap on us again and Dundee Utd and Motherwell have both had good league seasons (so far) but other than them there are a hell of a lot of bad sides in the SPL this year. Even if we do somehow scrape a top 6 (unlikely in my opinion given our fixtures) I personally hope it is not seen as an achievement. Even Robbie Neilson admits that anything but 3rd is "failure".

We need massive surgery under a competent and experienced football manager and we need the process to start long before July (or possibly even June if the Intertoto scenario pans out). The new man needs to evaluate who is a lost cause, who he can improve and who a new team can be built around. This can't happen in June/July, it needs to be in the next 3 months or so. He also needs to plan realistic signings and a pre season campaign.

I would be astounded if anyone could disagree or argue against this post? Well can they? Where are you Charlie Mann?

I would be astounded if anyone could disagree or argue against this post? Well can they? Where are you Charlie Mann?

I don't think anyone could either.

Similarly, winning our last three league games in a row is surely a sign of improvement in our league form? I'd be astounded if anyone could argue with that...

****dee knocked out the "mighty" Motherwell in the Scottish Cup at FP. They managed to do with nine men what we failed to do with eleven. Pathetic that we were emptied out the SC by them. Still were heading in the right direction right enough. :rolleyes:

Yeh, and we beat Celtic 2-0 at darkhead, something AC Milan couldnae, pathetic !!:confused:

You sound like my 10 year old nephew. Different day, different teams etc etc.

[QUOTE=magicTs;83455]Well that would certainly be a first in the history of football. Not one leak to the media from any party involved (Hearts, manager, agent, players). There is as much chance of that scenario being true as there is of Gretna avoiding releagtion this season.

This is Hearts we are talking about?

This is Hearts we are talking about?

If your theory is correct it's safe to say we have yet another nonentity in charge then.

An appropriately negative measure for some of the posters on here. How are you going to measure improvement at a place we can always get pumped and regularly lose? No doubt if we win it will be a sign of how far Celtic have fallen...

Why not measure results against teams we would expect to beat? By that measure there is definite improvement, Gretna and Hibs at home we beat but didn't previously. Too much bright side?

At this moment in time, in fact always, the performance is secondary to the result.

Burley's only game in charge there we played them off the park. Still, was not good enough for the mad one.:mad:

Walter Bishop
As expected Julios entourage has shown up, old hearts and horse, we just need his hibs mate paulandshark to appear to complete the set.

Queer as folk eh??;);)

Hobos.

We_are_the_Hearts
I don't think anyone could either.

Similarly, winning our last three league games in a row is surely a sign of improvement in our league form? I'd be astounded if anyone could argue with that...

It is an improvement. Just hope we don't make the same mistake we did with Valdas 2 years ago and the "management team" last season. We need a fresh start and a new manager. This NEEDS to happen in the next few months. The post I referred to was spot on.

Burley's only game in charge there we played them off the park. Still, was not good enough for the mad one.:mad:

Come on Horse a one all draw at the Piggery was a disgrace and Burley had to get the boot. :rolleyes:

We beat Celtic and Celtic beat AC Milan. AC Milan are pish, lads, eh?

Primary school logic at work here.

Edited to add : This has about as much relevance to anything as a thread about furniture would.

Commander Harris
We beat Celtic and Celtic beat AC Milan. AC Milan are pish, lads, eh?

Primary school logic at work here.

Edited to add : This has about as much relevance to anything as a thread about furniture would.

where can I get a nice set of nested tables?

stupid logic from OP but we haven't turned any corners yet. An improvement on results against sides we should beat. Our next 3 games are going to be tough and we will struggle to make top 6, all in all a disappointing season all round.

MagicTs is spot on about the need to get a manager in before the end of the season.

It is an improvement. Just hope we don't make the same mistake we did with Valdas 2 years ago and the "management team" last season. We need a fresh start and a new manager. This NEEDS to happen in the next few months. The post I referred to was spot on.

I agreed with that.

However, and I am not pointing the finger at you WatH, this thread is symptomatic of JKB at the moment.

As you say it is hard to argue with what was posted, however there has been progress and that should be welcomed!

The main attraction of Cup games as I remember them was always the unpredictability of a result. Traditionally at least one team from the lower leagues has come up with an upset. I suppose Dundee beating Motherwell could be seen as such.

However to use a result between two teams from different league divisions to compare with two teams who meet each other on a frequent basis is not the best mark of reliability.

Hearts may not have improved to the satisfactiion of all, but they have provided better results in the last few league games. By results I don't mean by performing in a manner that makes football an art form, but by gaining three points which ultimately are the marks of progress. Although the extensive insults of sheep and hatkicker have subsided to some degree there are no doubt a number of diehard Romanov critics who are not prepared to allow themselves any pleasure about Hearts wins no matter how good or bad they may be. This has now descended into the feeble pleasure taken by losses by other teams who have earlier defeated our team.

Everybody loves Baz
Please show me anybody who thinks all is well with the world at hearts at the moment ?

err go on then not even Frail thinks that.

that negates any point the lone ranger and silver makes.

You have to beat the team thats put out in front of you we have done that in the last 3 league games ,not spectacularly but we have beat them with out loosing a goal,and that pub team Gretna have beaten Dundee united twice have we?.

The cup games proved there are still many faults with the team and likely celtic will expose this too.

but only someone or maybe some people on the wind up would post constant negativity and would choose to ignore the improvement that are there to be seen.

Again show me who has there head in the sand ,that is the point you are trying to make is it not?

To me this post is bang on the money,

Better put than the original nonsense from th OP.

To me this post is bang on the money,

Better put than the original nonsense from th OP.

Refer you to my post #55, which I think shows that this post is FAR from being 'bang on the money'......

gorgie rd eh11
We had hit rock bottom (well, 2nd bottom!!) .... After sinking so low, we could only improve surely!? Will be interesting to see how we fare in our next few matches.

PS - Compare our current team & league position to where we were under Burley, BEFORE MadVlad's interventions into team affairs!? :confused:

Quality trolling.

Motherwell play dundee and you turn it to Burley. Now see if you can get the Riccarton three in somewhere.

Guest Dipped Flake
I agreed with that.

However, and I am not pointing the finger at you WatH, this thread is symptomatic of JKB at the moment.

As you say it is hard to argue with what was posted, however there has been progress and that should be welcomed!

Agree that it is hard to disagree with magicts points, however it is so very very very very easy to disagree with the OP. I think an under-5s board is being a bit too kind to him, maybe start of with hibsnet unless of course he just happens to post there already

Everybody loves Baz

Yes that's right, let's talk about the last three league games which we have won to steer us away from the relegation dog fight we were in ?????

These game were won, not lost, won.

You can only beat the teams that are put in front of you

(of which i don't think we will do in our coming matches)

But this harping on about 2 seasons ago just does my tits in and it's normally posted by the same tribe.

And yes ,it could've got worse we could've ended up bottom of the league which i have no doubt would have pleased a lot of supporters (a term i'd use loosly) on this board.

Agree that it is hard to disagree with magicts points, however it is so very very very very easy to disagree with the OP. I think an under-5s board is being a bit too kind to him, maybe start of with hibsnet unless of course he just happens to post there already

LOL. Yet another one with the old hobo chestnut. Don't you just love JKB. :):wavey:

Everybody loves Baz
Loosly.........what kind of word is that.......not in the under 5's dictionary........:1022:

Good comeback though, let's pick up on a spelling mistake.

I bet you ,Horse & old hearts are all in the one room the now high fiving MOD EDIT

I bet you ,Horse & old hearts are all in the one room the now high fiving MOD EDIT

Oh dear....please keep your fantasies/normal practices off this thread eh?? ;)

Whilst sharing round a nosebag or two...

Everybody loves Baz
who is saying everything is rosy?

You've spelt Rosey wrong , Quick you better edit it before the Theasuarus Brigade get you.

I bet you ,Horse & old hearts are all in the one room the now high fiving & tossing each other off!

Please refrain from sharing your habits with us Baz. :)

ToadKiller Dog
who is saying everything is rosy?

Apart from maybe Chris/Tobias no-one ,its the standard tactic by the lone ranger and his ride Silver to sow negativity get us to bite and we always

do.Me included but sometimes its fun.

Commander Harris
You've spelt Rosey wrong , Quick you better edit it before the Theasuarus Brigade get you.

I haven't :) but you are correct in that picking up on trivial typos and spelling errors are often what passes for debate on here. sad but true.

Everybody loves Baz
I haven't :) but you are correct in that picking up on trivial typos and spelling errors are often what passes for debate on here. sad but true.

Buggger ,it means i have then, bolllocks

Why don't you just do us all a favour and **** off. If you don't have the balls to come out and declare yourself as a hibs fan then I no longer consider you as part of this board. The mods clearly will not take action but at least I have the ignore button, and I thank God for that. Goodbye and see you at Easter Road for the next derby.....

p.s. Please.Please.please can other posters not give this 'person' the oxygen of publicity by replying to his threads and more importantly, not quote his threads so I still get to see his inane dribblings thank you

You just have given him the oxygen of publicity and by the way he is right! We can't criticise the madman can we? He has maybe kept us at Tynecastle for now but he is never there, and keeps MOD EDIT like you occupied defending him when he plainly doesn't have the guts to do it himself.

The clown will never have to apologise for his actions because snivelling apologists like you do it for him.

Guest Dipped Flake
LOL. Yet another one with the old hobo chestnut. Don't you just love JKB. :):wavey:

Not with posters like you on it, and just because it is an old chestnut, doesn't make it untrue. No way are you a Hearts supporter. Please remind me the last time you posted anything positive about us (I mean Hearts by the way)

Not with posters like you on it, and just because it is an old chestnut, doesn't make it untrue. No way are you a Hearts supporter. Please remind me the last time you posted anything positive about us (I mean Hearts by the way)

Feel free to join us for a few beers pre match v the Huns and we can compare Hearts supporting credentials DF. Look forward to it. :)

You just have given him the oxygen of publicity and by the way he is right! We can't criticise the madman can we? He has maybe kept us at Tynecastle for now but he is never there, and keeps tools like you occupied defending him when he plainly doesn't have the guts to do it himself.

The clown will never have to apologise for his actions because snivelling apologists like you do it for him.

Hit nail and head billy. :)

What a ridiculous thread.

Hearts = European Champions 2004/2005.

Well we did beat Braga who beat the European Champions Porto at that time.

I think you'll find that you've inappropriately used the plural form there.

And you forgot to mention grammatical pedantry.

What an odd remark.

Everybody loves Baz
Wheres Baz gone...........:rolleyes:

Still here, oh and you forgot a comma, and a question mark .

Archived