Hearts Reserves v Well Reserves.

Chad Sexington

Snake Plissken
Is it free for season ticket holders to get in? If so, do you just take it along?

Its free for everyone, the gate will be open and you just walk in. Usually about 100 people watching, I wish I still stayed up that way as I really enoyed going along to the reserve games.

Is it free for season ticket holders to get in? If so, do you just take it along?

It's free regardless of a season ticket. You can get a teamsheet from the reception usually.

Where is Forthbank Stadium?

The stadium is situated on the east edge of Stirling, not too expensive to get a taxi out too. Don't know if there are buses that run out that way but if you've got a Mrs there is a retail park/area next door. She can take the car, go (window) shopping whilst you go to the game!! ;)

Just back from the game, unless I missed a goalfest in the first five minutes then the game ended 0-0.

Poor first half from both teams, no real chances, we appeared to have more possession.

Second half was an improvement for Hearts, better attacking mentality; but failed to do anything with it.

The players I could work out are:

Wallace, Jonsson, McCann, Beniusis, Screpis, Elliot, Basso, Nade, (Maybe Zaliukas)

Just back from the game, unless I missed a goalfest in the first five minutes then the game ended 0-0.

What was the team and how did everyone play?

Here's the team's formation:

-----------Basso------------

---?? ---(Zaliukas?) ---?? ---Wallace

Jonsson ---Elliot ---Screpis ---McCann

---------Nade Beniusis-----------

Like I said, we had more possession but failed to do anything with it. We pressured them a lot more in the second half, but nothing materialised from it.

Screpis and Wallace played well.

No 12 who came on for Screpis also played quite well.

We used all 3 subs, but I don't know who we put on.

I'm sure someone that knows the players better than me shall come on and give a decent match report.

talk107

Fernando Screpis made his debut for Hearts this afternoon. The Argentine midfielder played for 75 minutes of the goalless draw against Motherwell reserves at Forthbank in Stirling. Christian Nade also featured after a viral complaint forced him to miss out against Gretna at the weekend.

Basso; Thomson, Zaliukas, Kancelskis (Lithgow), Wallace; Screpis (Divine), Elliot, McCann, Ivaskevicius; Nade, Beniusis (Mole).

Frail dismissed Screpis' performance as 'okay' and yet finds the time to praise Elliot. Shocker.

What if Screpis done Ok and Elliot played well?

MackaysCentreSpot

Team was

------------------Basso--------------------

Thomson ---Zaliukas---Kancelskis ---Wallace

Ivaskevicius---Elliot ---Screpis ---McCann

---------Nade Beniusis-----------

Was dissappointed that with the strong team we fielded we struggled to create very much against a young Well side.

Kancelskis replaced by Lithgow second half.

Mole replaced by Beniuses.

Screpis replaced by Divine

Both keepers had very little to do.

MOTM - Jason Thomson

Screpis looked to have some nice touches but I fear he will pick up a few yellow cards in the future. The South American style of tackling may not be like by the GFA.

Hearts world

SPL Reserve League:

Hearts 0-0 Motherwell

From Hearts News at Forthbank

Hearts and Motherwell shared the spoils after drawing 0-0 in this afternoon's SPL Reserve League clash at Forthbank Stadium.

The Jambos had the better of the game but failed to take their chances as the Fir Park side earned a battling point.

Caretaker manager Stephen Frail declared himself satisfied with the performance, saying: "I thought we were the better side, we had the chances and should have won the game.

Neil McCann made his first return against Aberdeen

"All I asked from the players was attitude, commitment and hard work and I got that."

The game saw midfielder Neil McCann play his first 90 minutes of football for over six months, a fact which delighted Stephen.

"Neil's had a couple of substitute appearances in the league recently but it was good to see him get through the whole game," said the interim Hearts boss, who was pleased with the defensive display against the Steelmen.

Fernando Screpis played as a trialist against Austria Vienna

"I thought the full-backs Jason Thomson and Lee Wallace did particularly well and it was pleasing to see Tomas Kancelskis and Marius Zaliukas back in action. Christian Nade worked hard and Calum Elliot put in a really good shift as well, which he always does."

New signing Fernando Screpis played for over an hour in his first outing in maroon with Stephen commenting: "That was his first match for a while and he did okay. He looked tidy enough in possession."

Hearts: Basso, J. Thomson, Wallace, Kancelskis (Lithgow, 46), Zaliukas, Screpis (Divine, 65), Ivaskevicius, Elliot, Beniusis (Mole, 57), Nade, McCann. Subs not used: Kurskis, Mearns.

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

ScottishSandstorm

Calum Elliot put in a really good shift as well, which he always does."

Who?:nooo:

eddie fenwick
The stadium is situated on the east edge of Stirling, not too expensive to get a taxi out too. Don't know if there are buses that run out that way but if you've got a Mrs there is a retail park/area next door. She can take the car, go (window) shopping whilst you go to the game!! ;)

pammiep is a mrs

Hearts world

SPL Reserve League:

Hearts 0-0 Motherwell

From Hearts News at Forthbank

Hearts and Motherwell shared the spoils after drawing 0-0 in this afternoon's SPL Reserve League clash at Forthbank Stadium.

The Jambos had the better of the game but failed to take their chances as the Fir Park side earned a battling point.

Caretaker manager Stephen Frail declared himself satisfied with the performance, saying: "I thought we were the better side, we had the chances and should have won the game.

Neil McCann made his first return against Aberdeen

"All I asked from the players was attitude, commitment and hard work and I got that."

The game saw midfielder Neil McCann play his first 90 minutes of football for over six months, a fact which delighted Stephen.

"Neil's had a couple of substitute appearances in the league recently but it was good to see him get through the whole game," said the interim Hearts boss, who was pleased with the defensive display against the Steelmen.

Fernando Screpis played as a trialist against Austria Vienna

"I thought the full-backs Jason Thomson and Lee Wallace did particularly well and it was pleasing to see Tomas Kancelskis and Marius Zaliukas back in action. Christian Nade worked hard and Calum Elliot put in a really good shift as well, which he always does."

New signing Fernando Screpis played for over an hour in his first outing in maroon with Stephen commenting: "That was his first match for a while and he did okay. He looked tidy enough in possession."

Hearts: Basso, J. Thomson, Wallace, Kancelskis (Lithgow, 46), Zaliukas, Screpis (Divine, 65), Ivaskevicius, Elliot, Beniusis (Mole, 57), Nade, McCann. Subs not used: Kurskis, Mearns.

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

shaggy should of asked them to play well and win, or doesn't that matter anymore at hearts.

shaggy should of asked them to play well and win, or doesn't that matter anymore at hearts.

That's the point of it all it is not?

Elliot probably did put in his 'usual good shift' in Frail's words but basically running around like a headless chicken gets pass marks these days.

Does anyone think that 'which he always does' comment is a bit of a cheap dig at us?

Dont think its a cheap dig, mate.

Did notice that point he made though. Just think it was Frail trying to highlight to some fans that even though they might not rate him, he gives a 100% shift.

Who officially takes the reserves?

Or is Frail there getting practice ftime or management by taking the first team and the reserves?

Pretty sure its Frail who takes them as well.

portobellojambo1
Screpis is making his debut in the reserves today.

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=3501

Anyone going along?

Maybe it is just the way the team has appeared within the content reproduced on the website TM, but when I read the link my first thought was, "looks like the reserve team have gone back to playing an old 2-3-5 formation".

Another embarassment for hearts

With the players we have our reserves should hammer teams like this

McCann and Nade as individuals are probably paid more than the entire well squad and management there today

:mad::mad::mad:

McCann and Nade as individuals are probably paid more than the entire well squad and management there today

You are a boring negative pain in he @rse. Have you nothing worthwhile to say. Go get a hobby ya tool.

OK! I hate doing this because everyone sees games differently but these are my thoughts on the players today.

Anthony Basso - Did everything that was asked of him, which was very little. I only remember one shot on target and he saved comfortably.

Jason Thomson (Captain) - played well, solid in defence and supported the front line well.

Lee Wallace - My man of the match! Outstanding both in defence and attack with bags of skill as well.

Tomas Kancelskis - Solid performance as always - he never lets us down.

Marius Zaliukas - Unspectacular but dealt comfortably with everything that came his way.

Fernando Screpis - Showed a lot of nice touches. Seemed a bit rusty but most of his passing was sublime - unlucky not to score in the first half when his shot was deflected for a corner.

Kestutis Ivaskevicius - Fairly unspectacular again - appeared to lack confidence but odd glimpses showed there is something there.

Calum Elliot - Had a very good game (I know this won't be a popular view and I'm not a fan) - covered every blade of grass and looked as good as any on the park.

Ricardas Beniusis - Playing in partnership with Nade, had one very good header which the keeper did well to keep out. Won most of the stuff in the air.

Christian Nade - Did what he always does - shielded the ball well and showed nice dribbling skills but still seems shot-shy. Is definitely losing weight.

Neil McCann - Used his experience well and had a good influence on the younger players. Not the Terry of old but we all know that. Some crosses were excellent.

Subs

Jamie Mole - didn't have much time to impress but did reasonably well.

Alistair Devine - Looked sharp without doing anything spectacular.

Alan Lithgow - Came on for Kancelskis at half time and slotted in to the back four well. Looked solid.

For me there were no failures but they were up against a very young Motherwell side and should have won comfortably. In fact, at one point, I thought that if this had been a boxing match the ref would probably have stopped it but, to be fair, the young Motherwell team got stuck in and made it awkward.

As an aside, nice to see John Colquhoun taking in part of the game.

I take it you weren't there today so your opinion on the game is worthless!

J.T.F.Robertson
You are a boring negative pain in he @rse. Have you nothing worthwhile to say. Go get a hobby ya tool.

You mean another hobby, as opposed to this one? :mw_confused:

I take it you weren't there today so your opinion on the game is worthless!

I wasnt and I havent expressed an opinion on the game

I expressed an opinion that it is embarassing a squad of players paid that much couldnt beat a well reserve team, especially when their first team played last night

I bet mccann and nade were paid more individually to show up than the entire motherwell set up

You mean another hobby, as opposed to this one? :mw_confused:

I don't think this is a hobby for him more of a mission to find something negative in anything that happens at the club.

portobellojambo1

Couldn't beat a well reserve team, especially when their first team played last night

I've tried hard, but have had to give in with this part. Could you please explain what relevance there is as to when Motherwell's first team last played.

As I say, I have tried, but cannot come up with any reason why Hearts should have beaten Motherwell reserves, simply because Motherwell's 1st team played last night.

Fair enough if Motherwell had played the same 11 players, then I could have assumed you had meant they would all be knackered, but there is no logic in saying we should have won for the reason you mention.

I've tried hard' date=' but have had to give in with this part. Could you please explain what relevance there is as to when Motherwell's first team last played.

As I say, I have tried, but cannot come up with any reason why Hearts should have beaten Motherwell reserves, simply because Motherwell's 1st team played last night.

Fair enough if Motherwell had played the same 11 players, then I could have assumed you had meant they would all be knackered, but there is no logic in saying we should have won for the reason you mention.[/quote']

Because players who may likely have played today may have been on the bench last night

For example if we had played last night, the likes of Basso, Nade, Wallace , Elliot etc probably wouldnt have featured, Im sure there are fringe well players or players who would have played today if it wasnt for the game last night so this is an even weaker well reserve team than normal

Either way our reserves with the depth and money spent on them should have comfortably defeated either version

Archived