9/11 suspects committed for trial

Therapist

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Not a chance of a fair trial but then looking at the nick of the guy he's probably better off pan breed.

Hadn't thought of that.

Of course, lethal injection is currently under scrutiny by the Supreme Court as it has been presented with evidence that it's a "cruel and unusual punishment".

However, as capital punishment in the US military is administered by hanging and the accused are being tried by a military tribunal, is the nasty jag issue applicable?

CompleteIdiot

They are being disposed of before Bush leaves office. They know what really happened and that is inconvenient - just like that little matter of a number of the hijackers having US military bases listed as their residences on their driving licences.

They are being disposed of before Bush leaves office. They know what really happened and that is inconvenient - just like that little matter of a number of the hijackers having US military bases listed as their residences on their driving licences.

x-files.gif

:)

Wooooooo Woooooooo!

All aboard the conspiracy train!

Not a single credible liberal / left-wing commentator has countenanced the possibility that the US government master-minded the 11/9 attack.

It is easy to disprove it simply on the basis that the number of people who would have to be 'in' on such a cover up would be impossible to manage / suppress.

Furthermore, after going to the trouble of masterminding the biggest conspiracy of all time, the US Government would be so stupid as to issue the hijackers with incriminating passports. Incredible.

I thought my opinion was marginal (i.e. the attacks were not commissioned by the US but were permitted to serve their broader aims in the Middle East) but to suggest the US masterminded the whole thing is, frankly, mad.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Not a single credible liberal / left-wing commentator has countenanced the possibility that the US government master-minded the 11/9 attack.

It is easy to disprove it simply on the basis that the number of people who would have to be 'in' on such a cover up would be impossible to manage / suppress.

Furthermore, after going to the trouble of masterminding the biggest conspiracy of all time, the US Government would be so stupid as to issue the hijackers with incriminating passports. Incredible.

I thought my opinion was marginal (i.e. the attacks were not commissioned by the US but were permitted to serve their broader aims in the Middle East) but to suggest the US masterminded the whole thing is, frankly, mad.

never let the facts get i the way of a good conspiracy.:)

I expect that some, maybe four, will get the long drop. A couple will be acquited, just to give the impression that the trial was fair.

nanananananana-angus

So they're going to be tried,convicted,sentenced and have the sentence carried out all before next January.Can't see it tbh.

CompleteIdiot
So they're going to be tried,convicted,sentenced and have the sentence carried out all before next January.Can't see it tbh.

The timeline seems possible.

When is a trial likely to be held?

The recommendations of the military prosecutor will be examined by a retired judge Susan Crawford who has to review the cases. She has to review both the evidence against the defendants and also whether the death penalty should apply if they are found guilty. A trial is supposed to be held 120 days after her decision but legal issues are likely to lead to some delay beyond that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5134328.stm

nanananananana-angus
The timeline seems possible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5134328.stm

Being ex military I know from experience military justice can be a bit kangaroo courtish(if thats a word?).But even then the defendants can appeal all the way up to the Supreme Court if need be which we know usually takes forever.

If Bush and his cronies were to have this forced through in the space of a year the conspiracy theorists would certainly have a field day.As I said I can't see it happening.

Archived