The hibs fans desire to win the SC - some heart rending stuff!

Craigieboy

May get pelters for this, but for all the good hibs fans, I would like them to win it. Unfortuneatly there are far too many tubes on that site, for me to wish too hard;)
I know where you're coming from.:eek:

HIBBY ALERT!!:wavey:

First post so hope you'll make me welcome!;)

Most Hibs fans won't admit to this but i will.......

Of course it gets to us when the facts are there that we havent done it in 106 years! (its only 5 games FFS)

But i think the fact that it is only 5 games, and that we're not as wee a team as you'd wish we are, is a big big worry to you hearts fans! It might take another 20 years (hopefully not) but one day it will come and all the winding up we get about will be worth it!

Anyway i hope for more good debates in the future on here!:)

I think you're a Hearts supporter on the wind up:)

Can someone please explain to me how Hibs winning the Cup would eradicate 22 in a row, 7 (possibly more) cup wins to their 3, the semi in 06, us having won more derbies at ER etc etc?

The pain that not winning the Scottish Cup gives them is so amusing.

That's what makes 02/04/06 so much sweeter - not only did it mean we were favourites to win the Cup (the most important thing) but it also meant that we stopped them doing it for another year. That's was particularly good, given all the 'destiny' and 'name on the Cup' c*@p they were giving it before the semi..........

Yep, you could taste the fear in the air that afternoon - what a day. I'm pretty sure I nearly cracked 3 ribs I laughed so heartily.

Hubs being hubs though, would have got papped by Gretna without getting a shot on target...;)

Can someone please explain to me how Hibs winning the Cup would eradicate 22 in a row, 7 (possibly more) cup wins to their 3, the semi in 06, us having won more derbies at ER etc etc?

A hibs fans view on the above (me).....

22 in a row - hibs ended that on th 23rd game, gone and forgotten

7 cup wins to 3 - hibs won cups in 70's, early 90's and last year. off the top of my head im not sure when other cups were won but i'm 100% certain we've won more than 3!

the semi of 06 - as hard as that was to take at the time, we have other good results (arguably more memorable) v yous to have a good shout about!

derbys at ER - wasnt aware of this, which goes to show how much that means to hibs fans!

IMHO if we were to win the SC it would give us a big one over yous, something a lot of hearts fans are pretty worried about! and going by your post, you are one of them! We'll do it one day!:)

All of my opinion of course!

7 cup wins to 3 - hibs won cups in 70's, early 90's and last year. off the top of my head im not sure when other cups were won but i'm 100% certain we've won more than 3!

the semi of 06 - as hard as that was to take at the time, we have other good results (arguably more memorable) v yous to have a good shout about!

derbys at ER - wasnt aware of this, which goes to show how much that means to hibs fans!

IMHO if we were to win the SC it would give us a big one over yous, something a lot of hearts fans are pretty worried about! and going by your post, you are one of them! We'll do it one day!:)

I'll make this easy for you:

Cup wins.

League Cup: Hearts 4 wins, Hibs 3 wins. this was 4-0 in Hearts favour until 1972.

Scottish Cup: Hearts 7 wins Hibs 2 wins. Up unitl 1902 this was 3-1 in Hearts favour.

I will be one of the few Jambos who wont care if/when Hibs win the Scottish Cup it is going to happen someday.

John

:welldone:

MacDonald Jardine

Just like 7-0 and 6-2 then?

Depends what you call a cup. Dryburgh Cup? Summer Cup (after we let you through the initial group stages by going on tour)?

Are these other results not gone and forgotten?

Right, so results against Hearts mean nothing to Hibs?

Aye right.

Of course your 1st point negates all the others.

By that logic the only relevant derby is the last one. Thankfully we won that too!;)

Archived