The hibs fans desire to win the SC - some heart rending stuff!

Craigieboy

well if you hadnt seen your team lift the scottish cup for 106 years and counting im sure it would have the same affect.

still fecking hilarious tho

:106Final: and counting

I can see their point really.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=108920

What is surprising is their desire to trade relegation for the Scottish Cup.

Is it just me or is this a wee bit OTT?

Whilst I haven't surfed across to read it myself, I don't think it's surprising they would do that trade:

The one is a good thing they have no memory of (dreamy dreamly land - it must be super to win the Sc Cup).

The other is a bad thing that they are still recently familiar with, so the horrors of relegation are not so hideous for them to deal with.

My heart bleeds for them, aye right.

The good thing is there is absolutely nothing to suggest it is likely to happen anytime soon. They had a fantastic chance last season as Celtic had wrapped up the league and gone off the boil long before the cup final but they blew it big time against Dunfermline. Semi final defeats to us and Dundee Utd in recent times too coupled with the fact that their team has been decimated since then (and will be further in the summer) make it hugely improbable that they can beat both Old Firm sides (nevermind the rest) in the same cup competition.

Safe to say we will be revelling in this particular record for many years yet !!

The stupidity of these [filter edit] knows no bounds:

"It's strange, because the SC is not really a difficult competition to win. The LC, due to being seeded is harder, and usually means that you have to pass one of the OF on the way."

It's 106, soon to be 107. If only we hadn't beaten them 4-0 in the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time - would they have beaten Gretna? No.

I 've jist gota horrible feeling they may get a result at HunBrox:(

Then I would seriously start looking at long weekends away in May!!:eek:

The stupidity of these [filter edit] knows no bounds:

"It's strange, because the SC is not really a difficult competition to win. The LC, due to being seeded is harder, and usually means that you have to pass one of the OF on the way."

It's 106, soon to be 107. If only we hadn't beaten them 4-0 in the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time - would they have beaten Gretna? No.

Yes, that bit tickled me as well.

So the LC is harder to win. That probobly makes their diddy cup win better than our SC win.

They would take relegation though.

LOL.

Mate, they could beat Rangers in this round and eventually find themselves 2 nil up with 5 minutes to go against Dundee in the final. They would still **** it up.

Like the 3 nil game through there - that will be their cup final. I hope the 1500 of them who go through enjoy it.

Chill.

Mate, they could beat Rangers in this round and find themselves 2 nil up with 5 minutes to go against Dundee in the final. They would still **** it up.

Chill.

Until they are officially knocked out this competition i will need plenty chill pills:nooo:

I agree.

Bad feeling.

Reading that makes me feel really lucky to have witnessed two Scottish cup wins in my short 15 years of watching the JT's.

Then again, I support a big team.

Mate, they could beat Rangers in this round and eventually find themselves 2 nil up with 5 minutes to go against Dundee in the final. They would still **** it up.

Like the 3 nil game through there - that will be their cup final. I hope the 1500 of them who go through enjoy it.

Chill.

Exactly.

Never going to win it, ever.

Reading that makes me feel really lucky to have witnessed two Scottish cup wins in my short 15 years of watching the JT's.

Then again, I support a big team.

I would say that you support the biggest team in Edinburgh. IMO Hearts are not a big team/club.

Ooh ma sides :laugh:

How funny is it reading all those wallopers talkin about it being people's dying wish etc etc ?

Fecking nimrods.

May get pelters for this, but for all the good hibs fans, I would like them to win it. Unfortuneatly there are far too many tubes on that site, for me to wish too hard;)

May get pelters for this, but for all the good hibs fans, I would like them to win it. Unfortuneatly there are far too many tubes on that site, for me to wish too hard;)

I get on with a lot of alright Jambos but it still didnt stop me praying Gretna won that day and booking a long weekend down Cardiff for the West Ham Liverpool final :eek:

traitor-1.jpg

Tar & feather this ****er!

;)

half of my family are hobos, including my grandad who, despite his hobo-ness, i love very much. My grandad goes to every game home and away, buys all the merchandise generally spends a fortune on them

i still say FTH and pray to god they get beat in every match never mind hope they win the SC.

He hasn't seen it in his lifetime and i hope he never does, he cant miss what hes never had!!!!!!!!

Starting to feel sorry for them. I expect they will win it this lifetime. Thing is, they have no bragging rights after it. We can all just look back on it and create better songs reminding them how old the queen mom was.

Walter Payton
Starting to feel sorry for them. I expect they will win it this lifetime. Thing is, they have no bragging rights after it. We can all just look back on it and create better songs reminding them how old the queen mom was.

Is the missing word before lifetime "tree's"?

J.T.F.Robertson
I've gave up anyway.

Mair chance of the lotto win. :)

Reverse psychology: A technique employing pessimism, in order to effect a positive outcome.

:)

Reverse psychology: A technique employing pessimism, in order to effect a positive outcome.

:)

Haha no danger.

It's called acceptance. Saves any more heartbreak. :rolleyes:

J.T.F.Robertson
Haha no danger.

Reverse psychology, to self-denial. A slippery slope. :sad:

J.T.F.Robertson
:P

There's a good reason for me being such an "expert" on this subject, you know. :wink:

Haha no danger.

So in effect you are happy for Hibs to be, realistically, in with a chance of winning one of the three competitions they enter into at the start of the season (one of four on the 1 in 10 seasons you scrape into Europe)?

I would say that you support the biggest team in Edinburgh. IMO Hearts are not a big team/club.

Clearly, clearly a joke.

I knew I should have kept that exclamation mark.

Or at least added a smiley :confused:

The op on that thread must be the most illiterate half wit I've ever had the displeasure of attempting to decipher.

How exactly would rod slash the cash? Perhaps he needs a 'p'.

Did these people even go to school?

Actually I know the answer to that, I went to Leith Academy Primary until I was in P7.

The average age of my classmates was 26.

Sam Dingle from Emmerdale reminds me of what a typical hobo looks like...

Do I feel sorry for them? Do I feck...

I hope Rankgers hump them rotten...

Hibs going out the Scottish cup is very nearly almost as important to me as it is for Hearts to still be in it.

Now that we've bottled it and crashed out - Hibs getting put out is about the single most important thing for the rest of the season.

I ALWAYS get a bad feeling when they are in it and we're not. This year is no different.

The Old Tolbooth
Ooh ma sides :laugh:

How funny is it reading all those wallopers talkin about it being people's dying wish etc etc ?

Fecking nimrods.

Ha ha!! Quality mate, and I'm loving the use of the word nimrod :D

Hibs going out the Scottish cup is very nearly almost as important to me as it is for Hearts to still be in it.

Now that we've bottled it and crashed out - Hibs getting put out is about the single most important thing for the rest of the season.

I ALWAYS get a bad feeling when they are in it and we're not. This year is no different.

I know what you mean.

However Hibs are 25s at Ladbrookes and W Hills.

Poster number 4 is a comedian. Apparently us 'deluded' Jambos would have nothing to sing about or mention if they were to do the impossible and win the SC. 106 in a row GIRFUY you plums

Victor Meldrew

The pain that not winning the Scottish Cup gives them is so amusing.

That's what makes 02/04/06 so much sweeter - not only did it mean we were favourites to win the Cup (the most important thing) but it also meant that we stopped them doing it for another year. That's was particularly good, given all the 'destiny' and 'name on the Cup' c*@p they were giving it before the semi.

For what it's worth, I do believe that Hibs have their name on the Cup this year.....

It's next to '1902' ;)

I can see their point really.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=108920

What is surprising is their desire to trade relegation for the Scottish Cup.

Is it just me or is this a wee bit OTT?

Awwwww, that would bring a tear to a glass eye..............life just aint fair :laugh::laugh:

PS..for all those who think they will beat Rangers, can I ask you to cast your minds back to their woeful performance in the last derby.........they have nae chance.

Does anyone else think us singing songs about their dire record in the big cup really really gets to them?

Altogether now: Tell all the Hibs you know, it's a hundred and six in a row.........

'mon the currant buns (Yeuch!! did I really just say that)

2006 was probably their best chance of winning the cup in the last 106 years. Think about it, all they had to do was beat their city rivals in the semi, they had already taken care of Rangers at Ibrox and Celtic had lost to Clyde so there was no one else for them to fear. I mean the last EIGHT teams in the cup were Them and us, Dundee, Gretna, St. Mirren, Partick, Falkirk, Hamilton. And then they would have had Gretna in the final......easiest Cup Final in history(on paper). But, of course, their bottle crashes big time against us.

Still laughing!

HIBBY ALERT!!:wavey:

First post so hope you'll make me welcome!;)

Most Hibs fans won't admit to this but i will.......

Of course it gets to us when the facts are there that we havent done it in 106 years! (its only 5 games FFS)

But i think the fact that it is only 5 games, and that we're not as wee a team as you'd wish we are, is a big big worry to you hearts fans! It might take another 20 years (hopefully not) but one day it will come and all the winding up we get about will be worth it!

Anyway i hope for more good debates in the future on here!:)

Victor Meldrew

But i think the fact that it is only 5 games, and that we're not as wee a team as you'd wish we are, is a big big worry to you hearts fans! It might take another 20 years (hopefully not) but one day it will come and all the winding up we get about will be worth it!

The thing is, you've been saying that for over a Century now.

If we win the cup, the great deluded from the west side of the capital will have nothing to sing or mention about

Hmmmm don't bet on it u manky reptile

WE have somepretty creative and talented songwriters our end

Archived