'Arrogant' Benitez

Eckauskas

The Old Tolbooth
So John. Still gutted that Benitez has been given a new long term contract? :sorcerer:

If I'm being honest, I still don't think he has what it takes to win the title, he doesn't have the composure to handle mind games, and his teams have dropped far too many silly points at silly places (especially at home) this season, or they could have been almost uncatchable right now.

With Chelsea having an indifferent season for the most part, and manure dropping a lot of points early doors, I don't think Liverpool will get a better chance of lifting the title.

Gigolo-Aunt
If I'm being honest, I still don't think he has what it takes to win the title, he doesn't have the composure to handle mind games, and his teams have dropped far too many silly points at silly places (especially at home) this season, or they could have been almost uncatchable right now.

With Chelsea having an indifferent season for the most part, and manure dropping a lot of points early doors, I don't think Liverpool will get a better chance of lifting the title.

Liverpool need to up the quality of the non immediate starters mate. The players who play within the squad but dont play a huge amount of games.

Get that sorted in the summer, you will be in a much better position next term.

shaun.lawson

I am concerned by his inability to handle mind games, to be honest. But you're getting closer: this is Liverpool's best league season since you last won it. Whether you can push on must depend on funding, and the state Hicks and Gillette are in; but I struggle to envisage Chelsea spending much this summer, and Fergie can't go on forever.

As we know, I tend to be the kiss of death with these things - but if we're sitting here in five years time and Liverpool still haven't won the title, I'll be pretty amazed. It could even happen as quickly as around five weeks from now.

didn't matter if he knew how to react or not. Mourinho had alot of money to spend and he used it wisely. Ferguson on the other hand was making signings like Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson

Check his signings, did he hell.

Also, Fergie is the master of mind games and only Mourinho got near to him, that's why they stay in touch.

Gigolo-Aunt

Also, Fergie is the master of mind games and only Mourinho got near to him, that's why they stay in touch.

Sean, you might be able to help on this one....

Do you know what the angry exchange between Benitez and Hiddink was about at the end of the game during the week?

The Old Tolbooth
Liverpool need to up the quality of the non immediate starters mate. The players who play within the squad but dont play a huge amount of games.

Get that sorted in the summer, you will be in a much better position next term.

I tend to agree with that, but is Rafa the man able to do it mate? I'm not so sure.

I am concerned by his inability to handle mind games, to be honest. But you're getting closer: this is Liverpool's best league season since you last won it. Whether you can push on must depend on funding, and the state Hicks and Gillette are in; but I struggle to envisage Chelsea spending much this summer, and Fergie can't go on forever.

As we know, I tend to be the kiss of death with these things - but if we're sitting here in five years time and Liverpool still haven't won the title, I'll be pretty amazed. It could even happen as quickly as around five weeks from now.

I hope your right with the 5 week prediction, but I still cant see it, Arsenal are hitting form now and will play a very large part in the title run in, they play Liverpool next Tuesday night and if Pool drop anything at all it's game over.

The games I look for manure to drop points in are Arsenal, Man City, and possibly one of the relegation candidates who need to turn in a decent performance to pick points up, although I cant see them dropping points to all three, but they will drop points.

Sean, you might be able to help on this one....

Do you know what the angry exchange between Benitez and Hiddink was about at the end of the game during the week?

Not a clue mate, didn't even see the game. Was at a Mr. Doherty gig.

Gigolo-Aunt

Not a bad place to be. Did Lee Mavers turn up? (he has played on several of the dates)

The Old Tolbooth

You didn't miss much :whistling:

:D

shaun.lawson

I hope your right with the 5 week prediction, but I still cant see it, Arsenal are hitting form now and will play a very large part in the title run in, they play Liverpool next Tuesday night and if Pool drop anything at all it's game over.

The games I look for manure to drop points in are Arsenal, Man City, and possibly one of the relegation candidates who need to turn in a decent performance to pick points up, although I cant see them dropping points to all three, but they will drop points.

Fortunately for Liverpool's sake, it's not a prediction on my part; merely a hope. The Arsenal game worries me too. They're absolutely flying. If only their run had started a month or so earlier, they'd be right in the thick of it.

Not a bad place to be. Did Lee Mavers turn up? (he has played on several of the dates)

He never, just Pete with his guitar. I was hoping for a special appearance from some one, but no one showed.

You didn't miss much :whistling:

:D

I know, I was gutted when I heard it was 2-0, then couldn't believe it was 3-3, then 4-4. I would have been a wreck watching it.

Nevermind though, 4 goals past your lot is always good.

Rafa and Sam have been at loggerheads for years, quite what it's got to do with old bacon face is a mystery, but it just wouldn't be Victor Meldrew if he wasn't bumping his gums about something.

Standing up for someone he has a close relationship with, what a cad.

artfuldodger
Don't kid yourself,Benitez will be biting his knuckes,trying not to respond.

He'll bite though!

Arsenal next for Liverpool,Man U home to Pompey.I'd say his timing is spot on.

everto next for fergie hopefully your not doing the timing

artfuldodger
Sir Fergie is directly asked about an incident regarding two managers (with which he has every right to comment on given the LMA role) and he gives a few home truths to which he'll want FSP to react to. Where as the fat Spanish waiter calls a press conference with the purpose of only attacking Fergie with a list of pre-prepared and ill-delivered 'facts' and Fergie's cracking up.

What a small-time post.

was wafa want not on a pwess confwense day i dont think wafa called the pwess that day. is it not obvious to you that fergie is coming to the endand there is only two things that can do it. father time and wafa and that is a fact

was wafa want not on a pwess confwense day i dont think wafa called the pwess that day. is it not obvious to you that fergie is coming to the endand there is only two things that can do it. father time and wafa and that is a fact

Punctuation hating post, imo.

shaun.lawson
pwoud vewy vewy pwoud

Friday night inebriated post, imo.

artfuldodger
Friday night inebriated post, imo.

correct but lets get one thing straight fergie and sam are at the p**s take today would any of them answerd those questions from a bbc journo no i dont think so and why did sir alex speak to sky today when his match was on wednesday and gave him a day later to propare for his big match

Hes actual won four trophys the uefa cup, la liga, champions league and the fa cup

oh sorry, what i meant to say was in his 5 seasons at anfield.

artfuldodger

fergie will be vewy pwoud when he has 3,4 or even 5 trophys at the end of the season and wafa has none.

c

correct but lets get one thing straight fergie and sam are at the p**s take today would any of them answerd those questions from a bbc journo no i dont think so and why did sir alex speak to sky today when his match was on wednesday and gave him a day later to propare for his big match

fergie always does his press conferences on a friday, whether the games on saturday or sunday. FACT

rudi must stay

not sure if they do. Mourinho couldn't leave quick enough after the first leg at the San Siro. I agree some of his signings were dreadful like Ben Haim, he did bring in Essien and Drogba though and look how well they've done there.

Archived