zaliukas's block...

droid

for a much maligned player on jkb thought this deserved a thread of its own.

what a block to deny a goal scoring opportunity in the dieing seconds of the game....

Looks like, fingers crossed, that Zal has seen the light and changed from his bad habbits! He is now producing excellent performances every week whereas before it was a luxury if he put in one of those performances!

Whilst I agree that the block was important, let's not go over the top. The guy's a professional footballer. Of course he should be able to block a shot that's straight at him. It doesn't need a thread.

Next we'll have threads for midfielders passing the ball or fullbacks taking long throws or.....forwards scoring goals?

Whilst I agree that the block was important, let's not go over the top. The guy's a professional footballer. Of course he should be able to block a shot that's straight at him. It doesn't need a thread.

Next we'll have threads for midfielders passing the ball or fullbacks taking long throws or.....forwards scoring goals?

Good post IMO. I'd like to see threads every week about Balogh catching a ball though.

I'm sure some folk will still find ways to criticise Big Zal.

Good to see him getting the credit he deserves just now.

Guest JamboRobbo

He played very well at the weekend. If he did that more often, and didn't repeatedly make horendous blunders to cost us goals, he wouldn't get the stick he gets.

He played very well at the weekend. If he did that more often, and didn't repeatedly make horendous blunders to cost us goals, he wouldn't get the stick he gets.

it's a fair enough point as there have been occasions this season where Zal has been awful but I still don't get the repeated comment that he repeatedly costs us goals I can remember a couple where the finger can be pointed in his direction but not repeatedly

PresidentRomanov
He played very well at the weekend.

That would've done :hammer:

Looking forward to the season ticket launch today, or are you not getting one again this year?

Guest JamboRobbo
That would've done :hammer:

Looking forward to the season ticket launch today, or are you not getting one again this year?

I'll be getting a Hearts season ticket as usual. Will you be getting a Rangers one?

PresidentRomanov
I'll be getting a Hearts season ticket as usual. Will you be getting a Rangers one?

Never seen that one coming, are you as mind numbingly predictable in real life? :sorcerer:

Guest JamboRobbo
Never seen that one coming, are you as mind numbingly predictable in real life? :sorcerer:

Cheers for reminding me why I dinnae bother wasting time on this place anymore.

PresidentRomanov

I wouldn't post as much either, if all I could come back with was the same old humourless guff you do :cry2:

Incidentally, I'll also be getting the away ticket for Hearts games next year again, that's the one you gave up after a season, when you realised we weren't going to win the champions league after all. :42:

Some of us still love you JR and we know that deep down, you love us all too!!! :sorcerer:

Guest JamboRobbo
Some of us still love you JR and we know that deep down, you love us all too!!! :sorcerer:

I can handle some stick, it was more just the mindless level of debate to be honest. If Pickybum and his windups is the standard that JKB has to offer, then I'll pass.

PresidentRomanov
I can handle some stick, it was more just the mindless level of debate to be honest. If Pickybum is the standard that JKB has to offer, then I think I'll pass.

:42:

I can handle some stick, it was more just the mindless level of debate to be honest. If Pickybum and his windups is the standard that JKB has to offer, then I'll pass.

Ach i'm sure you've got more important things to worry about in the real world than what picky says to you on here.

Chad Sexington

sulk.jpg

Yes but

Will you be doing it voluntarily this season?

or

will you make another stupid, hollow protest before getting dragged along, kicking and screaming, by your family - and paying an extra ?30?

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes but

Will you be doing it voluntarily this season?

or

will you make another stupid, hollow protest before getting dragged along, kicking and screaming, by your family - and paying an extra ?30?

Still think we DON'T need a manager?

if i join in will you waste even less time?

Miller Jambo 60
It was straight at him.

Bruno's goal was nothing special, he just kicked the ball forward. :sorcerer:

Follow hibs mate you are boring

Miller Jambo 60
I would like to ask why Nakamura was wandering about in such splendid isolation in the first place :hanged:

Like my Celtic mate at PFC Told me he is a luxery

So hearts have 12

Still think we DON'T need a manager?

Semantics.

Even now we do not have a manager in the sense you meant with overall control but are still relatively successful. Romanov/UKIO/UBIG are very much in control of player acquisitions/sales not a supposed autonomous manager (if such an animal exists) so I have to say he is really Head Coach as with Levein under CPR.

Now go and buy your ST and forget your false bravado.

PS - And you most reluctantly got your ST BEFORE we got Csaba!!!!

Now get on with your work.

Guest JamboRobbo
Semantics.

Even now we do not have a manager in the sense you meant with overall control but are still relatively successful. Romanov/UKIO/UBIG are very much in control of player acquisitions/sales not a supposed autonomous manager (if such an animal exists) so I have to say he is really Head Coach as with Levein under CPR.

Aye, of course it is just semantics.

Nothing has changed in the way we are being run this season, we haven't appointed a manager, and the improvements in performance and results are nothing to do with Csaba.

Eat your humble pie, and admit we did need a manager, and now we've got one, we're moving in the right direction again.

Now go and buy your ST and forget your false bravado.

PS - And you most reluctantly got your ST BEFORE we got Csaba!!!!

Now get on with your work.

Ignored the usual stalker part of your post.

PresidentRomanov

Actually, you didn't :sorcerer:

• Moderators

Can we please leave the petty stuff alone and keep this thread on topic?

Thanks guys.

I thought Zaliukas looked good at the weekend.

He still thinks he is better than he is with some of those ridiculous long passes he tried.

But he'll need to keep this form up until the end of the season to convince me he has turned any sort of corner.

I do like a defender that can bring the ball forward of his own accord as his run showed at the weekend. Such play can make a real attacking difference on the rare occasions it occurs.

However, our star defender was surely Lee Wallace? Superb performance

scott_jambo
anyone?

Im sure he has been culpable for goals this season, he is no John Terry by any stretch. As an ever present in our defence this season, are you prepared to admit that big Zal has signficantly contributed to our great defensive record this season?

anyone?

One against The Sheep at Tynie ( 100% culpable)

Suicide passback at fester rd, although Balogh thankfully mopped up

Another one somewhere else I'm sure, although dealt with by the keeper once again?

I think his main faults have been sclaffing clearances, thus allowing them to fall to opponents in and around the box, although others have done similar without being singled out for it mind.

Personally I'm still a Zal fan though :sorcerer:

LloydtheBartender
Im sure he has been culpable for goals this season, he is no John Terry by any stretch. As an ever present in our defence this season, are you prepared to admit that big Zal has signficantly contributed to our great defensive record this season?

i was asking because i dont think its anywhere near as many suggested earlier.

i think he is prone to the occasional mistake but i also think he gets far too much stick from the hearts support at times.

Would appear that Zal has finally been given the kick up the backside he has needed for a long, long time!! Well done, Csaba.

Saturday was a good performance by him, but he needs a lot, lot more of the same before he fully eradicates all the bombscares he has had in his hearts career.

He did what was expected of him as a centre-half on Saturday. Long may it continue.

every time zaliukas has a good game we see quite a lot of comments along the lines of "well done but we need to see more of that"... as if to suggest that he's had his first decent game of his hearts career.

well think again, he's been a quality performer for quite some time now and it's about time he was being given the praise he thoroughly deserves WITHOUT the little add-on caveats about how poor he has been in the past.

it's not necessary and detracts from the praise he's being given.

well done big Z. just you keep proving the doubters wrong.

every time zaliukas has a good game we see quite a lot of comments along the lines of "well done but we need to see more of that"... as if to suggest that he's had his first decent game of his hearts career.

well think again, he's been a quality performer for quite some time now and it's about time he was being given the praise he thoroughly deserves WITHOUT the little add-on caveats about how poor he has been in the past.

It's all about opinions after all .... You think he has been a 'quality performer for quite some time now'....I (and plenty others) dont. Simple as that.

People should be allowed to express their opinions freely.

No point in just giving praise if somebody is not perfect

He had a good game at the weekend and he tried some ridiculous passes which didnt come off. I enjoyed his run and it would be good if he tried this more - in the right circumstances - as they can be effective, and he has the basic call carrying skill to pull it off

I have said previously he often comes back into the team having been out and performs very well for 4 or 5 games, then his complacency, arrogance and mistakes slam back in with a bang. So, if he gets to the end of the season without this happening this will be a big step forward, and might finally prove me personally wrong which in turn will mean I lay off him

Sorry if you only want players to be praised. I'd rather try and offer an honest assessment of them in full

It's all about opinions after all .... You think he has been a 'quality performer for quite some time now'....I (and plenty others) dont. Simple as that.

People should be allowed to express their opinions freely.

Personally I dont think it can even be proven / established that our defence is better with him in it, but this doesnt stop me agreeing he had a good game at the weekend

I still think we need another better CB than we already have for next season - whoever he partners

he's had a very good run without making any more errors than anyone else.

how long before he is worthy of praise without reference to his past mistakes? end of the season? another season still?

of course it's all about bleedin' opinions. who exactly is saying that people shouldn't have them? this is a message board in case people haven't noticed... everyone else gets to have their opinion on your opinion.

Zal had a good game and done what you should expect from any centre half,throwing them selfs at the ball to block it,thing is he doesn't seem to do it enough.

Listening to the radio,my mates after the games,watching tv or even reading some comments made about him on JKB, I get the impression that he could do better in more games than not.

Yes as I say he had a not bad game but TBH he is still a bomb scare at times,he's not new to the league now and he 's not a young boy in a strange country anymore.

Anyway well done Hearts,Zal and his team mates, you are certainly getting the plaudits now.

how long before he is worthy of praise without reference to his past mistakes? end of the season? another season still?

of course it's all about bleedin' opinions. who exactly is saying that people shouldn't have them? this is a message board in case people haven't noticed... everyone else gets to have their opinion on your opinion.

He's had a run of 3 or 4 decent games without an obvious mistake...

Before that the last we saw of him he was punching 7 shades out of another player

In the interim our defence performed really well in his absence

Its not exactly a period of 10 games in imperious form with barely a goal conceded

In any event its our attack and creativity that has improved since Elliots return as opposed to our defence which has improved since Zaliukas return but thats an aside

Zaliukas had a good game at the weekend :sorcerer:

He has only been back in the team for a handful of games ... & Saturday was the first time I would say he had a good performance .... hardly enough to constitute 'a very good run'!!! (In my opinion, of course :sorcerer:)

Still need to see a lot more consistency & maturity shown before past mistakes can be forgotten without fear of them returning into his game. ... As someone else said, he has previous for playing ok for 4 or 5 games & then the old complacency & immaturity slip back into his game.

PresidentRomanov

He comes from the same country as that idiot Romanov, so never it would seem :hammer:

Aye, of course it is just semantics.

Nothing has changed in the way we are being run this season, we haven't appointed a manager, and the improvements in performance and results are nothing to do with Csaba.

Something has changed - we have someone who is willing and able to work as the company wish.

Eat your humble pie, and admit we did need a manager, and now we've got one, we're moving in the right direction again.

There is no humble pie left after your stupid childish and cowardly ST fiasco last year.

And there was me thinking you were stalking Picky Bum.

Get on with your work.

WARNING

The following is my opinion and does not reflect the views of other members of this board.

Zaliukas had a dismal start to the season, but since Berra moved to Wolves and Neilson returned to RB the back four with a Zaliulaks/Karapedis CB partnership has looked much stronger. Also Karapedis looks better at CB than as the defensive midfielder.

Nice to see Rayn McGowan starting to get a place on the bench, too.

He comes from the same country as that idiot Romanov, so never it would seem :hammer:

Here he comes, right on cue, trying to turn a footballing debate into something else.

Banal/predictable....

Archived