Your last song

JWL

Right, may get shot down in flames here, but has anyone actually thought of which songs they would have at their own funeral.

I was at one a few weeks ago where the young girl (cancer 34yrs) had her funeral arrangements mapped out well in advance, the songs were quality, Just Like Heaven by The Cure and as we were leaving the church they played One Step Beyond by Madness, after it I thought thats the way to do it, any thoughts?

at my mums funeral as people were coming in we had an original song i had recorded years ago which was a fave of her, and i am blessed by eternal as she had also loved that song

at the end of the service we played these boots are made for walking by nancy sinatra as it was her karaoke song. when the intro to the song began, everyone was smiling and there were a few giggles heard, from us too.

she'd have been really proud of her service.

not put a lot of thought into my own "final songs" but i fancy some cheesy disco-ey thing to make people laugh as they remember me

Made the mistake of clicking on the vid.

Completely forgotten that song was ever recorded. Now feel 10 years closer to death.

cheers :)

Well here it is , my time has come

Won't be long I'll be moving on

I can't complain, I've had my day

Now I'll be on my way

And all the good times that we've had

Much more good than bad

What more can I say?

Now I'll be on my way

Don't be sad now when I'm gone

Take your time while you're still young

In the warm sunshine make hay

Now I'll be on my way

Where I'm going , I don't know

But I'm heading off in sun

Rain hail or snow

In the yard I hear the children play

Now I'll be on my way

have no fear of what's to come

My faith in better days is strong

Somewhere warm and safe to stay

Now I'll be on my way

You might think you need my love

But I can't give you half enough

You deserve the warmest purest rays

Now I'll be on my way

Slan leat anois mo stor

There's no need to see me to me door

We'll meet again I hope and pray

Now I'll be on my way

We'll meet again I hope and pray

Now I'll be on my way

Have been at funerals where I've heard My Way and Is This The Way To Amarillo etc but even tho I'm not a fan of the 'Big O' I like the lyrics of this song. So that's my choice.

A candy-colored clown they call the sandman

Tiptoes to my room every night

Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper

Go to sleep. everything is all right.

I close my eyes, then I drift away

Into the magic night. I softly say

A silent prayerlike dreamers do.

Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.

In dreams I walk with you. in dreams I talk to you.

In dreams youre mine. all of the time were together

In dreams, in dreams.

But just before the dawn, I awake and find you gone.

I cant help it, I cant help it, if I cry.

I remember that you said goodbye.

Its too bad that all these things, can only happen in my dreams

Only in dreams in beautiful dreams

Going Underground - The Jam

I am the Resurrection - The Stone Roses

I Cant go to Sleep - Wu-Tang Clan and Issac Hayes

This is the End - The Doors

Any of these songs an my dead face will have a smile on it.

Sheriff Fatman
Just make sure your family don't change it to Die You B******d by Motorhead.

Na, that will be the one they play immediately before my funeral.

ToadKiller Dog

My coffin would have to be brought in to something funky maybe james browns "sex machine" or the likes, for the burning the early pink floyd song "flaming" for the line "Yippee!

You can't see me, but I can you."

a song from Tiswas for the moment (Bucket of water - for those too young to have seen proper Saturday telly) and always look on the bright side of life for the end( it was played at my mate's funeral a couple of years back and really moved us all)

I was at a funeral of a relative of mine who was the consumate joker and always the life and soul of the party. At his request, when the coffin (Which green. A Hibby) was lowered to be cremated, the music played was 'Build Me A Bonfire' by Joseph Locke. Everyone was in stitches!

As my coffin is making it's journey to the oven it has to be AC/DC's Highway to Hell.

John

Forever Maroon

my old man's said for ages that as his coffin heads to the big fire he wants simple minds alive & kicking playing

Right, may get shot down in flames here, but has anyone actually thought of which songs they would have at their own funeral.

I was at one a few weeks ago where the young girl (cancer 34yrs) had her funeral arrangements mapped out well in advance, the songs were quality, Just Like Heaven by The Cure and as we were leaving the church they played One Step Beyond by Madness, after it I thought thats the way to do it, any thoughts?

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio,

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio-o

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio,

Cheerio-o, cheerio

Repeat

If I die before I'm thirty I want Stay Young by Oasis.

If after 30 I want There is a Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths

Obviously the Hearts song should be played at some point too and I want my ashes scattered at Tynecastle.

my old man's said for ages that as his coffin heads to the big fire he wants simple minds alive & kicking playing

Thats one of mine.

Over the Rainbow.

Angels when i come in.

God im soooooooooo depressed now...

Not keen on thinking about it.

They can play what they want.

I would like a song written that reminds everyone about my gigantic boaby.

Something funny likes.

Boy about town - The Jam

The hearts song

I'd like a pipes effort on my way to the fire. Maybe amazing grace

Carl Fredrickson

Ive already compiled an exit strategy. I am a big boned, water retaining, fat ass....so I have 6 folk down as coffin bearers - none of them I like.

Song wise I have went for the corny ones...

Living In A Box

Knock On Wood

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

I'm On Fire

Ive asked a minister friend to take the service and a rude story to be read out....would be nice to see how he handles that one!

The Old Tolbooth

A very good friend of mine had Status Quo played at his funeral as his last song, Down Down, Deeper and Down.

he was a hibby too and also had the hymn to the tune of the hibs song played as he knew there would be a few Jambos having to sing it at his funeral, I bet he laughed looking down on us that day!

RIP Phil

I've got about 5 now.

Pink Floyd - Great Gig in the Sky or Shine on you Crazy Diamond (if that is the title). Oasis - Don't look back in Anger. The Beetles - In My Life. the Who Teenage Wasteland

Just for the record, mine are In My Life by The Beatles (Rubber Soul) and the last three tracks of Abbey Road culminating with The End. Yeah I know Her Majesty is the final song but you know what I mean.

A very good friend of mine had Status Quo played at his funeral as his last song, Down Down, Deeper and Down.

he was a hibby too and also had the hymn to the tune of the hibs song played as he knew there would be a few Jambos having to sing it at his funeral, I bet he laughed looking down on us that day!

RIP Phil

This is a true story, when the Hibby guy that was on tour in the West Indies crashed his jet ski and was killed, they held a memorial service for him on the island. All the hibbys that were there turned up for said service and with bowed heads listened to a few words of comfort from the Minister on duty who then proceeded to play the only hymn that he thought appropriate which was a hymn called Blessed Assurance, nothing wrong in that you're thinking, but when I tell you that the chorus goes "This is my story, this is my song, follow the Lord, and you can't go wrong" yep, they played the Hearts song at the guys funeral, it's what he would have wanted.

This is a true story, when the Hibby guy that was on tour in the West Indies crashed his jet ski and was killed, they held a memorial service for him on the island. All the hibbys that were there turned up for said service and with bowed heads listened to a few words of comfort from the Minister on duty who then proceeded to play the only hymn that he thought appropriate which was a hymn called Blessed Assurance, nothing wrong in that you're thinking, but when I tell you that the chorus goes "This is my story, this is my song, follow the Lord, and you can't go wrong" yep, they played the Hearts song at the guys funeral, it's what he would have wanted.

That's funny and tragic at the same time.

Commander Harris

the chorus goes "This is my story, this is my song, praising my Saviour all the day long". it is basically the same tune though.

the chorus goes "This is my story, this is my song, praising my Saviour all the day long". it is basically the same tune though.

I stand corrected, but the rest of the story is true.

Mine would be::..::

1. Time of my Life by Bill Madley and Jennifer Warnes

2. The Killers - Smile like you mean it

3. Westlife - What makes a man (Personal song that was played at my Grandad's Funeral) Would Love for it to be played at mine.

Archived