Vampires - The Curse of Shedsylvania

Dandyman

I took "I warn you now, You'll be sorry if you vote me off, unless you are an evil-doer because I'm this sorry town's man of action - that is all I will say just now. So are you with me or against me?" as an attempted role hint.

was I wrong to do so?

I took it more as he was going to be a very active townie, rather than hinting at having a specific role

In the past games that I remember (note: this is from several games ago, as I normally only play mafia heroes when he narates) Maxi always tries to keep things moving fast and is very aggressive in his play, and most times it's when he is a townie (I don't remember him ever being mafia apart from when he was turned in lycancy game). He also seems pretty good at spotting who the bad guys are

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris
I took it more as he was going to be a very active townie, rather than hinting at having a specific role

In the past games that I remember (note: this is from several games ago, as I normally only play mafia heroes when he narates) Maxi always tries to keep things moving fast and is very aggressive in his play, and most times it's when he is a townie (I don't remember him ever being mafia apart from when he was turned in lycancy game). He also seems pretty good at spotting who the bad guys are

alll very good points, although I've still got this feeling that this time it may be an act, he knows he has this reputation so it would be an easy one to try and pull off.

I'm going to stick with the vote for now though, what i have learnt from previous games is that my instincts are usually pretty spot on - I just have to learn to go with them for a change. :)

1. Beverley

2 JennyJambo

3 Cigaro

4 CCP

6 hmfcJamiehmfc

7 ArmiyaRomanova

8 Sweeney

9 jambolad

10 Cesnauskis+10

12 yvonnejambo

13 Deek

14 cs_hmfc

15 Toggie88

16 Stella_jambo

17 Tobias Funke

18 Flux capacitor

21 Rossi_1983

23 Brian_Whittakers_Tache

24 Robby Bobson

25 Commander Harris

Ok heres players list, Im not wanting to vote a newbie off first mainly because I think thats a bit sad. So numbers 3,14 and 21 I think are all new. Also I feel inclined not to vote anyone that has posted on the thread so far, although Im sure there must be one bad guy showing face. So my first vote may go for a non poster who has a bit of previous :) Im just going to check who aint posted yet.

So has anyone got any ideas or are we gonna wait until deadline? (zzzzzzzz)

I don't think there are any clues that will be available at this early stage.

Looking at the post count:

Commander Harris 9

Tenacious D 6

Robby Bobson 6

stella_jambo 6

colincameronspenalty 5

Cigaro 3

yvonnejambo 3

Beverley 3

Sweeney 3

ArmiyaRomanova 2

rossi_1983 2

JamboLad 2

Toggie88 1

Boof 1

Deek 1

Which means the following ain't posted:

Jenny Jambo

HMFCJamieHMFC

Cesnauskis+10

CS_HMFC

Tobias Funke

Flux Capacitor

Brian Whittaker's Tache

3 of them are newbies, so will give them benefit of the doubt. At the moment Jenny's lack of posting is most puzzling

1. Beverley

2 JennyJambo

3 Cigaro

4 CCP

6 hmfcJamiehmfc

7 ArmiyaRomanova

8 Sweeney

9 jambolad

10 Cesnauskis+10

12 yvonnejambo

13 Deek

14 cs_hmfc

15 Toggie88

16 Stella_jambo

17 Tobias Funke

18 Flux capacitor

21 Rossi_1983

24 Robby Bobson

25 Commander Harris

Ok heres players list, Im not wanting to vote a newbie off first mainly because I think thats a bit sad. So numbers 3,14 and 21 I think are all new. Also I feel inclined not to vote anyone that has posted on the thread so far, although Im sure there must be one bad guy showing face. So my first vote may go for a non poster who has a bit of previous :) Im just going to check who aint posted yet.

:confused: This is about my 6th or 7th mafia game!

Phew.:eek:

Its actually still a bit hard to back it up as non posting considering the game wasnt meant to start till tonight. From that list of no showers

Jenny Jambo

HMFCJamieHMFC

Cesnauskis+10

Tobias Funke

Flux Capacitor

Time to check if they have been active on KB since last night, if any have and aint posted on this then my vote will go that way.

Commander Harris
Its actually still a bit hard to back it up as non posting considering the game wasnt meant to start till tonight. From that list of no showers

Jenny Jambo

HMFCJamieHMFC

Cesnauskis+10

Tobias Funke

Flux Capacitor

Time to check if they have been active on KB since last night, if any have and aint posted on this then my vote will go that way.

Jenny hasn't posted since yesterday before the thread went up. She has been online today but hasn't posted and may not have seen the thread.

Jamie also hasn't been on since yesterday.

the others I will post once this stupid search limit lets me!

I'm leaving off voting just now.

This is my first game, so I want to see how it pans out before diving in.

To get a feel of how it all works.

Commander Harris
Jenny hasn't posted since yesterday before the thread went up. She has been online today but hasn't posted and may not have seen the thread.

Jamie also hasn't been on since yesterday.

the others I will post once this stupid search limit lets me!

Cesnauskis+10 has only posted once today and hasn't been on since 12:40.

Tobias has been as active as usual on KB :) although it's hard to read what his inactivity on mafia threads means these days - bored townie or sneaky bas?

Flux hasn't posted since yesterday although he was active today at 3:46pm

and as has been said, it is still very early days, especially given the thread went up pretty sharp.

1. Beverley

2 JennyJambo

3 Cigaro

4 CCP

6 hmfcJamiehmfc

7 ArmiyaRomanova

8 Sweeney

9 jambolad

10 Cesnauskis+10

12 yvonnejambo

13 Deek

14 cs_hmfc

15 Toggie88

16 Stella_jambo

17 Tobias Funke

18 Flux capacitor

21 Rossi_1983

24 Robby Bobson

25 Commander Harris

IMO, going on 'previous', these 2 could be good first day lynch candidates because they add little. Tobias is a serial lurker, and Jamie just floats about sometimes voting when he can be bothered. There, is that a start?

Then there is CH who I think is well shady :cool:

IMO, going on 'previous', these 2 could be good first day lynch candidates because they add little. Tobias is a serial lurker, and Jamie just floats about sometimes voting when he can be bothered. There, is that a start?

Yes I agree with going for Tobias or Jamie, as both dont normally contribute a lot to the games.

Tobias is a difficult one. He has built up a reputation of being very quiet when he is a townie, and it's only a matter of time before that is turned into his tactic as gangster.

Jamie always stays quiet and never really adds anything to the game. I would be tempted to vote him just to try and force him to contribute.

As it is though, I will wait a bit longer to give everyone a chance to see the thread, as our deadline is fairly quick so it shouldn't make it drag on too much

When someone is lynched etc, do you then find out their role?

yeah. You will get a story about how their lynch occurs, and then get told if they are mafia or townie, or if they have any auxilliary roles

yeah. You will get a story about how their lynch occurs, and then get told if they are mafia or townie, or if they have any auxilliary roles

Ah ok, so a townie is someone who hasn't been given a role?

Commander Harris

agreed, although there is nothing to say chance hasn't dealt them an important role.

I'm only shady to you because I dared to be suspicious of you!

Ah ok, so a townie is someone who hasn't been given a role?

Depends on the role

The good roles are all on the sides of the town, and have powers to help them win, so in effect are townies with a little extra

The bad roles are either the vampires (mafia in other games), or Dr Hyde who is out for personal glory

Commander Harris
Tobias is a difficult one. He has built up a reputation of being very quiet when he is a townie, and it's only a matter of time before that is turned into his tactic as gangster.

Jamie always stays quiet and never really adds anything to the game. I would be tempted to vote him just to try and force him to contribute.

As it is though, I will wait a bit longer to give everyone a chance to see the thread, as our deadline is fairly quick so it shouldn't make it drag on too much

that was exactly what I was saying to you about Robby Bobson, he has built up a reputation of aggresive play when a townie and it's only a matter of time before that is turned into his tactic as gangster.

Could I just request that if you're contacting Tenacious D for any reason that you include me in your communication as well (and vice versa) - that'll save me and he from having to PM each other with the same info you could've sent us.

And on another note...this bar's a helluva quiet...

Could I just request that if you're contacting Tenacious D for any reason that you include me in your communication as well (and vice versa) - that'll save me and he from having to PM each other with the same info you could've sent us.

Have you pair become lovers? ;)

Whisky please :)

im still here.

pint of cider for me tonight i think

unvote toggie88

Can I just have a coffee Boof? Still off the drink from the weekend. Oh and I wasnt really saying you and Ten D are gay :)

Looks like this bar needs some custom...

I'll have a maker's mark and coke and a club 7 and coke.... On second thoughts, just pass the bottles

what the flux! (new catchphrase....)

I hadn't even posted and i get voted. (i feel special!)

Not sure why Robby would do that other than to get a reaction from other players.

Mon the goodies, i have a good feeling about this game this time......

Sorry Cigaro, newbies dont ask questions like you have then hold off voting for "just now". Is somebody schooling you?

barman, can i have a nice chilled chardonnay please... making my dinner while i peruse this thread.

robby bobson is the only one standing out for me just now, because of the initial attempt to start a lynch pile on out of nowhere, the hint of a role & then the change of mind about who he's voting for.

i might be wrong, but thats not aggressive voting, thats just drawing attention to yourself, in order perhaps to deflect from the fact you may be a bad guy?

confusing, but i normally suck at this game anyways, so i'm waiting for a little while

Tobias was very quiet in the last game and turned out to be the serial killer did he not?

Yip, but you were quite quiet and the godfather! ;)

I once again don't have a clue - nobody has really stood out. I agree about maybe going for one of the none posters just to draw them out.

Yip, but you were quite quiet and the godfather! ;)

yeah but i was just pointing out as someone said Tobias was often quiet if he is a townie, should probably have quoted them to make my point clearer.

not voting just now, will see how things pan out first.

I'm thinking Yvonne finally has a role, mainly because she seems to be more talkative than usual and have some sort of game plan other than just posting how bored she is not having a role again etc. Just something I noticed. Not a lot to go on so far but I will keep my gun at Tobias' head to see if he reacts.

Tenacious D sent out the roles while we were still using the sign up thread but do you reckon we can still pin the first poster (Bev) as being an over anxious role player??

I'm going to have a quick look at something before I log off and I'll probably be back about 9 to try and provoke some reaction. So far it's been boooring.....

It's more tha fact you have not been posting in you're usual "I'm a townie again, how boring" style. Hmmmm. I'm not saying you're a baddie, just that I noticed a change in style.

Have you pair become lovers? ;)

I'm still in the cellar waiting for Beverley...:blush:

And you can assume that you get your drink as soon as you ask for it - I've installed Robo-Boof to satisfy your needs.

It's more tha fact you have not been posting in you're usual "I'm a townie again, how boring" style. Hmmmm. I'm not saying you're a baddie, just that I noticed a change in style.

I cant remember doing that either :confused: I aint no baddie

EvilBaby1.jpg

The picture properties show an evil ghost.

Have you made some kind of mistake?

Are you trying to get yourself knocked off?

Crap didn't realise we'd started. Thought the sign up thread was still stickied.

vote Robby Bobson since he's so keen to vote me for no reason.

Archived