Bobby Walker - A Challenge (Contains Rare Images)

WorldChampions1902

WorldChampions1902

Here?s a challenge.

Towards the end of this video, I believe a former Hearts player makes a cameo appearance in two successive images. I?d be interested to know if anyone comes up with the name of the person I think it is. There are I believe, some glaring clues so pay attention!

My other version of this video contains Queen?s ?It?s A Kind of Magic? which is obviously for personal use only. If you have access to that track then give it a try when viewing the YouTube link as it works really well.

Message for Admin :? given the age of the rare images in this video (i.e. 80 to 110 years old), I do not believe there are any copyright issues. Of greater concern perhaps is the backing track. Please note that I have licensing rights to broadcast this and am happy to provide more details if required ? just PM me. I take copyright legislation seriously and have absolutely no desire to compromise the JKB Admin team or indeed the messageboard.

This video contains some flash / laser effects.

Hopefully that?s all the legal pitfalls covered ? enjoy! :P

WorldChampions1902
Looks like a very young John Robertson:wavey:

Which one?

The one on the right or the one on the left that looks like a players agent ? :rolleyes:

Which one?

The one on the right or the one on the left that looks like a players agent ? :rolleyes:

the one on the left in the cloth cap

WorldChampions1902
What point in the video ?

I don't see anything.

The group shot (and close-up) towards the end of the clip. The close up shows 3 men in Sunday best one of which is Bobby Walker.

I reckon the guy on the right is an ex-Hearts player so who do you think it is?

WorldChampions1902
Should be played at the next 'Hall of Fame' dinner at Prestonfield House.

Hearts get it sorted !!

It's a lovely thought RR and I'd love it to happen, I really would.

In fact, I'd make the 600 mile round-trip to attend the event. However, there is no guarantee that BW would be up for induction this year, let alone actually be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

I guess if he was up for selection, it's unthinkable that he wouldn't be admitted though, given his magnificent contribution to Hearts glorious history.

WorldChampions1902
Purdie without the tache?

It's neither Purdie or Begbie. Far too distinguished in comparison to the name I have in mind - so there's a clue.

His name is listed on London Hearts though.

WorldChampions1902
Markie Bell?

Again PJ, too well-established a player for the one I have in mind.

When I reveal the answer or if someone comes up with, I'm sure you will say 'how obvious'.

There's another subtle clue.

This isn't a catch question - honest!

I'll give this one a pass. :confused: I'm a bit weak on Hearts players from the distant past.:sad:

PS When you getting the painting put up at Hampden ? I schlepped thru at Xmas and Hearts don't even get a feckin mention in that 'museum'. I had to read about Enid Blyton, The Sheep and The Arabs but saw nothing about Hearts. Get that painting sorted , send that video too.:wavey:

WorldChampions1902
I'll give this one a pass. :confused: I'm a bit weak on Hearts players from the distant past.:sad:

PS When you getting the painting put up at Hampden ? I schlepped thru at Xmas and Hearts don't even get a feckin mention in that 'museum'. I had to read about Enid Blyton, The Sheep and The Arabs but saw nothing about Hearts. Get that painting sorted , send that video too.:wavey:

If you look at the facial features of BW and the figure on the right you will see a very striking resemblance. I think that man is Bobby Walker's brother Alex who played for Hearts for a couple of seasons during the period 1899-1902.

I do not know who he left Hearts to play for but more interestingly, he was a member of the Royal Scots and sadly died in a Military Hospital in 1916.

I can find no mention of Alex Walker in Jack Alexander's excellent book, 'McCrae's Battalion' so presumably he wasn't a member of the 16th Royal Scots? The bottom line though is that here is another member of the 'Hearts Family' who paid the ultimate price during the Great War.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any other information on Alex.

Archived