Parking at Darkheid....

Piper X

Taking my girlfriend and daughter to forthcoming game at Parkhead - wheres the best place for parking these days? Weve never missed a game, home or away for three years now except away to Celtic, and only because I refused to take them there since they started coming to the games with me! I always enjoyed going to Celtic in the past, but Im sure some will agree, not a venue for the ladies (certainly not from my past experiences!!)

Its been a few years since Ive been there, do we still get that bit in the Lisbon Lions stand?

The last time I drove through I just parked on London Road, directly opposite the Celtic Supporter's Club place.

That's no the best idea but if you're stuck for places it's a fun walk.

London Road near the Supporters club is the best and safest place to park imo.

Celtic fans heading that way after the game are walking away from the general Hearts support so you can safely say that they are not looking for trouble.

Can be dodgy after a win (hide scarf and step on dog pooh, so you will blend in), but was great after the league cup, there were so few of them i felt safe to proudly show my colours walking back along to the car.:1022:

The last time I drove through I just parked on London Road, directly opposite the Celtic Supporter's Club place.

That's no the best idea but if you're stuck for places it's a fun walk.

I know exactly where your coming from!!

The last time I was there we parked on that peice of wasteland right outside the ground - got nothing but grief from the local yokels! Half expected to come back to 4 flat tyres etc etc. Luckily though it was only my cheap hub caps that got nicked!

:P

Taking my girlfriend and daughter to forthcoming game at Parkhead - wheres the best place for parking these days? Weve never missed a game, home or away for three years now except away to Celtic, and only because I refused to take them there since they started coming to the games with me! I always enjoyed going to Celtic in the past, but Im sure some will agree, not a venue for the ladies (certainly not from my past experiences!!)

Its been a few years since Ive been there, do we still get that bit in the Lisbon Lions stand?

edinburgh :confused:

plenty parking at the wasteland over the road from "the wasteland".

if its your 1st visit for a while, its where the lovely housing scheme used to be.

Nelly Terraces

Just take some change to pay off the 'loveable' street urchins who will then 'look after' yer motor for you. Expect the radio/contenets of glove compartment to be missing when you come back.

Taking yer g'friend and yer daughter to Darkheid though. Hmmm, what have they done to p**s you off mate?

NT

PS, are you a member of thr AA or RAC? Suggest you sign up this week if not already done so.

Getting my tickets tomorrow, think ill try and get the bus there though....where do most of our supporters buses park there?

Nelly Terraces
Don't take my hubcaps away

You come back and yer motors like a pucking scaffold after the 'cheeky scamps' from the local slums have had the expensive 'sellable down the Barras' bits away.

always a jambo

I used to park it in the car park just across form the waste ground but that has since been closed so the past 3 times ive parked it on the waste ground just off the road where a wee ginger haired lassie will ask if she can 'watch yer car?'. Just say you'll see her after the game and give her a pound or 2 when you get back to your car if she comes back which she usually does.

Nelly Terraces
I used to park it in the car park just across form the waste ground but that has since been closed so the past 3 times ive parked it on the waste ground just off the road where a wee ginger haired lassie will ask if she can 'watch yer car?'. Just say you'll see her after the game and give her a pound or 2 when you get back to your car if she comes back which she usually does.

Strachans wife? Does she do extras for a fiver?:rolleyes:

London Road near the Supporters club is the best and safest place to park imo.

Celtic fans heading that way after the game are walking away from the general Hearts support so you can safely say that they are not looking for trouble.

Can be dodgy after a win (hide scarf and step on dog pooh, so you will blend in), but was great after the league cup, there were so few of them i felt safe to proudly show my colours walking back along to the car.:1022:

Anywhere along London Road passed their scabby supporters club gang hut is probably your best bet.

Edinburgh;);)

Anywhere near to Parkhead is waste ground.:o:o

Their is road works on the Gallowgate just at the Forge Retail Park so be warned, the traffic will be murder along London Road as all the traffic is being diverted.

:gangsta:

Getting my tickets tomorrow, think ill try and get the bus there though....where do most of our supporters buses park there?

on the wasteground but there is a decent enough police presence and little trouble

on the wasteground but there is a decent enough police presence and little trouble

You'll have to narrow it down a bit. The whole of Glasgow is a waste ground.

Nelly Terraces

Top tip:

Get over Darkheid parking problems simply by not going, thus saving you valuable money and effort all to watch your team get pumped, your car get vandalised, and a bent ref leg over your team.

Cheers.

NT

Dunk-Section G
Top tip:

Get over Darkheid parking problems simply by not going, thus saving you valuable money and effort all to watch your team get pumped, your car get vandalised, and a bent ref leg over your team.

Cheers.

NT

Celtic Park is a decent away day.

Get the bus, keep your wits about you and behave(ish) yourself in the stand.

Nothing beats winning at CP! Ask people who were at the CIS game.

Nelly Terraces

I've been there countless times over the years. The best trip was when we kicked the cr*p out the Mhanks after a game back in about '84, back when we used to take about 5 or 6 thou there, and nobody messed with us.

It lost it's appeal years ago.

I've been there countless times over the years. The best trip was when we kicked the cr*p out the Mhanks after a game back in about '84, back when we used to take about 5 or 6 thou there, and nobody messed with us.

It lost it's appeal years ago.

If that's the game i'm thinking of, it was like Rorke's Drift.

Feckin' freezing on our supporters bus going home after the natives had done our windows.

Nelly Terraces
If that's the game i'm thinking of, it was like Rorke's Drift.

Feckin' freezing on our supporters bus going home after the natives had done our windows.

I was the Manor Bus that day - nobody did the Manor. It was as we came out the ground it kicked off wholesale and the mhanks got a f'ing pasting off the Gorgie, they were on their toes quicker than it takes the trash to cash their giros. Dunno about anyone else but every time we went to Darkheid back in the days from about 83 - 92 it was always us doing them. Suppose we had much larger numbers and more nutters going those days.

I was the Manor Bus that day - nobody did the Manor. It was as we came out the ground it kicked off wholesale and the mhanks got a f'ing pasting off the Gorgie, they were on their toes quicker than it takes the trash to cash their giros. Dunno about anyone else but every time we went to Darkheid back in the days from about 83 - 92 it was always us doing them. Suppose we had much larger numbers and more nutters going those days.

The game i'm thinking off was possibly a Wednesday night. Everybody on our bus seemed to be getting stuck in, regardless of age.

Funnily enough, i remember the Glasgow OB being quite reasonable about the whole thing and only lifting the unwashed.

I used to love going through to the weedge when i was younger.

I can take it or leave it nowadays.

Archived