Bruised Toe Nails

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Does anyone get this?

A few years ago someone stood on my foot with studs on in the middle of a game and my toe nail bruised and eventually fell off. Now it happens every fecking time I get a knock when I'm playing football. I went to the doctor but they said it is nothing? Surely that cannae be right ... my toe nail keeps falling off and it's all bloody underneath!

Anyone had any experience with this? It's minging, tbh.

Does anyone get this?

A few years ago someone stood on my foot with studs on in the middle of a game and my toe nail bruised and eventually fell off. Now it happens every fecking time I get a knock when I'm playing football. I went to the doctor but they said it is nothing? Surely that cannae be right ... my toe nail keeps falling off and it's all bloody underneath!

Diabetes check required mate,feet and toes can be affected!

Possibly slightly ingrown?

I've had this twice, the second time was with a broken toe. The first time I had to cut most of the nail away because it was starting to go black and growing back slightly deformed and crusty :56:. Anyway, I've not had bother with it since.

Try changing your boots. I have a pair of boots that seem just a bit too small for me, and messes up my toes. Not very nice at all....I feel your pain!

Without going into detail, my toes are currently "injured"

This happened to me about 4 years ago. Toe nail fell off after 5s. Now any slight wee knock on my toe nail results in it going black then falling off a couple months later.

Its currently black at the moment and looks like it is going to fall off in a bit.

Ah well.

Ray Winstone
Does anyone get this?

My Dad went through this for years when he played Rugby.

It wont stop happening as regularly as it does until you stop playing footy.

Buffalo Bill

I was asked to play an emergency midfield role for Clermiston Hearts about 10 years ago in a cup game in Ormiston but I was given size 8 boots (I'm a ten).

About three months later, both my big toe nails fell off.

The good news was that we won the game 3-0.

Buffalo Bill

Does anyone get this?

This is pretty normal for anyone who plays football that involves studs and sometimes 5's. I have the same thing on both big toes. Cant really do anything about it while you still play

I'm quite glad a few more folk have the same thing. So I just have to wait until I stop playing football? Fair enough.

The flip flops will have to be hung up for a while. Sock/sandal combo is officially in fashion.

sandal-sock-guy.jpg

Buffalo Bill
Sock/sandal combo is officially in fashion.

sandal-sock-guy.jpg

You've just taken me back to any holiday I ever had with my dad in the 80s, because for him, that combo was de rigeur.

Buffalo Bill

Happened to me 2 years ago. Same situation as buffalo bill. Was wearing a pair of 9s instead of 10s. Big toe nail ended up bruised, going completely black and eventually falling off. Never wore boots too small since. Won't forget that game, as I got sent off ridiculously for a so called second bookable offence..was playing centre half, ball over the top which i was chasing and the striker was behind me, as we ran into just into the box the little **** clipped my heels, i fall face first and my hand grabs the ball..ref points to the spot. penalty.WTF??? ended up getting a 3rd yellow card when i told him what an arse he was.

Anyway, did anyone have a sniff off the toe nail when it came off? :20::42:

Happened to me 2 years ago. Same situation as buffalo bill. Was wearing a pair of 9s instead of 10s. Big toe nail ended up bruised, going completely black and eventually falling off. Never wore boots too small since. Won't forget that game, as I got sent off ridiculously for a so called second bookable offence..was playing centre half, ball over the top which i was chasing and the striker was behind me, as we ran into just into the box the little **** clipped my heels, i fall face first and my hand grabs the ball..ref points to the spot. penalty.WTF??? ended up getting a 3rd yellow card when i told him what an arse he was.

Anyway, did anyone have a sniff off the toe nail when it came off? :20::42:

Hell yeah. Was like a big cheesy hula hoop.

Optimus Prime

It's happened to me on a number of occasions. It's worth checking with your doctor just in case but 9 time out of 10 it's basically some form of pressure being placed on the toe which causes it to bruise and swell slightly. This dislodged the nail and it eventually falls off. All that will happen is a new one will grow back in it's place.

The main causes of this is generally incorrect (or smaller) footwear on a hard surface.

It's happened to me on a number of occasions. It's worth checking with your doctor just in case but 9 time out of 10 it's basically some form of pressure being placed on the toe which causes it to bruise and swell slightly. This dislodged the nail and it eventually falls off. All that will happen is a new one will grow back in it's place.

The main causes of this is generally incorrect (or smaller) footwear on a hard surface.

Both times for me it was caused by some erse trying to be smart and slide tackle me but instead ending up just stamping on my toe. When the nail (half of which fell off) started to grow back in it was double the thickness and had a massive dip in the middle so I had to lop most of it off and then file it down a wee bit, it was soon as good as new :sorcerer:.

Frank Sidebottom

I currently have a partially blackened big toe nail due to wearing size 8 boots instead of 9s at the world of soccer from about two months ago.

Am I to expect that it will fall off?

I am keen to get rid of it so I can start sporting my sandals with my summer wardrobe.

I currently have a partially blackened big toe nail due to wearing size 8 boots instead of 9s at the world of soccer from about two months ago.

I am keen to get rid of it so I can start sporting my sandals with my summer wardrobe.

It will fall off and the stuff behind the nail is rather minging.

Better off with the sock and sandal combo my friend. This will be in this summer judging by the amount of Kickbackers with dodgy feet.

Let's all meet in the Diggers and start a support group.

JT's & Irons

I always paint me toenails black before holidays cos I think it looks groovy wi sandals. Just an idea.:sorcerer:

Marmeladent?rtchen

I have the same thing. It happened at a 11 a side game just before christmas and it still has not dropped off yet!!

People tell is ming and that I should take it off but Im thinking if is not moving keep in on for now. I assume God put it there for a reason!!

Any Doctors in the house??

Buffalo Bill
I always paint me toenails black before holidays cos I think it looks groovy wi sandals. Just an idea.:sorcerer:

Anti-goth post, IMO.

Buffalo Bill

I played with the Glasgow 5s boys before my trip to NZ recently. I wore trainers on Astroturf and went forw3ard inthem when I stopped suddenly, battering by toenail off the front of the shoe with my full weight.

It went a bit bruised and was sore for 2 weeks but the doc said I would be alright to play again as soon as the pain went away. At this point there was puss seeping from the top etc. Nasty.

Went to NZ and all was fine. I was playing touch with friends on a beach with an Aussie Rules ball. I kicked the ball up in the air but had managed to catch my nail on the laces of the ball. Ripped the nail clean off. Not good and pretty sore, but the salt water in the warm South Pacific was pretty calming!

Archived