Reccomend me a modem/router please, nice people!

Maximus

Attention tech heads, I have a serious problem that is driving me to tears! I like a good free download as much as the next person, however my modem/router (the terrible Zoom x5) has started playing up reccently and overheating. It seems it can't handle the amount of simultaneous connections I require to download the large amount of goodies I need. I know there are a fair few of you who know your stuff, so I'm looking preferably for a wired DSL modem/router that can handle a high amount of simultaneous connections. Anyone have any ideas? If the worst comes to worst I'll go wireless or buy a seperate modem and router.

CompleteIdiot
Attention tech heads, I have a serious problem that is driving me to tears! I like a good free download as much as the next person, however my modem/router (the terrible Zoom x5) has started playing up reccently and overheating. It seems it can't handle the amount of simultaneous connections I require to download the large amount of goodies I need. I know there are a fair few of you who know your stuff, so I'm looking preferably for a wired DSL modem/router that can handle a high amount of simultaneous connections. Anyone have any ideas? If the worst comes to worst I'll go wireless or buy a seperate modem and router.

The wireless ones are cheap now and include wired connections anyway. You basically have wired+wireless+hub all in one. I find Linksys to be quite reliable. The ?42 one below would work fine for you.

http://www.linksys.co.uk/acatalog/Broadband_ADSL_Routers.html

Archived