Rotterdam

200milesfromgorgie

200milesfromgorgie

off to rotterdam(sp?) for a day or 2 first week of april anybody know the best cheap way to get there? by the sea or the metal bird? best web sites to book through?

any help would be grand

cheers.

We went from Newcastle by ferry when Hearts played Feyenoord. Took 16 hours but was a fantastic trip considering the boat was full of Hearts fans. Probably better going by plane though unless you are going with a few mates.

Ryanair was doing ?10 flights from Prestwick-Charleroi when me and my boys went to see Rush in Rotterdam in October.

Looking back it seems a bit of a roundabout way to go when there'll be boats heading straight into R'dam - not sure where from though (I'd've thought that Rosyth link might've done someting...???).

Thoroughly enjoyed it - public transport is first class.

Take care the place is a tip and its dodgy at night.

I lived in a flat in Schedam near Sparta Rotterdams ground when I worked there.

portobellojambo1
off to rotterdam(sp?) for a day or 2 first week of april anybody know the best cheap way to get there? by the sea or the metal bird? best web sites to book through?

any help would be grand

cheers.

For the game versus Feyenoord we went by ferry from Rosyth to Zeebrugge, then drove up to Rotterdam. However just noticed you are actually based in Yorkshire so probably not the best option for you.

CompleteIdiot

any help would be grand

cheers.

Hull to Rotterdam on P&O (used to be North Sea Ferries). The food is pretty good and doesn't cost much to add on to your ticket price when you book. The entertainment isn't too bad either. Lots of bars on board etc.

http://www.poferries.com/tourist/content/pages/template/routes_hull_-_rotterdam_routes_-_hull_-_rotterdam.htm

CompleteIdiot
For the game versus Feyenoord we went by ferry from Rosyth to Zeebrugge, then drove up to Rotterdam. However just noticed you are actually based in Yorkshire so probably not the best option for you.

It's worth driving to Hull to avoid using the Superfast service. The Rosyth to Zeebrugge service is pants in comparison to the P&O Hull/Rotterdam/Zeebrugge services. It's also a lot better if you have any continental driving to do as you get off the ferry at around 8AM instead of Midday

Strangely, the Superfast ferries from Italy to Greece are excellent. I don't know why the Zeebrugge service is so bad.

any help would be grand

cheers.

you should be able to get it cheaper than a grand as you mention ;)

Try flying to Schiphol and getting the train from there. From memory , the trains to Rotterdam from Amsterdam actually stop at the airport so you don't need to go via Amsterdam.

Archived