Robbie Neilson....

bigbryanthejambo

bigbryanthejambo

:1022:.....You have been a servant of our club for a long time, and for that we salute you.....but one cracking tackle in the Cup Final....and one cracking stirke in Basle does NOT mean we have to put up with these ridiculous performances from him now.

Why does he still get a game for us. He looks out of place, out of confidence, out of ideas, and I say he should be OUT of the Team. :wavey:

Ogi fae Gorgie

Thanks Robbie but at end of the day if everyone is honest technicaly you just aren't good enough, heart and spirt cannot be allowed as an excuse for skill.

The only positive thing I will say about Robbie the tackle Neilson is that he would be a good signing for that Gretna team for their first division campaign next season.

I think what he does do is defend and defends well. he made one mistake defensively today (almost cost us a goal perhaps) but apart from that he is reasonably solid. evrything else about his game though is poor touch like an elephant and couldnt pass water.

However i still think he is good back up and dont think he deserves his place in the team but certainly desrves to be with hearts

Gimme an H...

I had a bit of a debate with a few folk on here last week, cant remember who with now, but basically they thought Robbie was good enough and I didnt. Im glad he stood out as being particularly bad this afternoon as now im proved (and the folk that agreed with me) right.

Robbie, thank you for the 2 good things you've done in your ten years at Hearts but, you're b0llocks.

bigbryanthejambo
Another "Slag Robbie" thread. How original. Yawn...........:sobored::sobored:

Yep...and the more gash he gets.....the more "Slag Robbie" threads will appear until he is rightfully dropped from the team.

What? We should all sit tight and accept that someone as visibly below par as Robbie continues to get a game week after week? Why? Because he's Robbie?

If his name was Robbious Neilsoeviskicious....there'd be a million and one threads calling for his head.

portobellojambo1
Another "Slag Robbie" thread. How original. Yawn...........:sobored::sobored:

If you honestly left Tynecastle today thinking Neilson played well I would respectfully suggest it is time for you to follow another sport. Neilson was simply p i s s poor today, doesn't matter how you tart it up, he was mince. Alternatively if you feel it is wrong of Hearts fans to comment on poor individual performances than I would have to ask why. If you accept mediocrity in life you suffer as a result, crap is crap irrespective of the colour of top it wears.

letsmakesomenoise
If you honestly left Tynecastle today thinking Neilson played well i would respectfully suggest it is time for you to follow another sport. Neilson was simply p i s s poor today, doesn't matter how you tart it up, he was mince.

It's not that, mate, I agree he's not great but why, oh why, week after week, is this board riddled with Hate Robbie threads. If the guy reads kickback he must be gutted, and it's not his fault he's picked by SF every week. You CANNOT fault his effort.

bigbryanthejambo
It's not that, mate, I agree he's not great but why, oh why, week after week, is this board riddled with Hate Robbie threads. If the guy reads kickback he must be gutted, and it's not his fault he's picked by SF every week. You CANNOT fault his effort.

So...we should all tip toe around the fact that Robbie is murder because he might read Kickback and get offended?

At the start of my thread I recognised the fact that hes a long serving player of our great club, and had 2 significant moments in his career when we had a LOT to thank him for.

Now however....alongside Elliot and Goncalves....he is leaps and bounds behind where we need to be to get safely into top 6.

Solid performance in defence today. Another clean sheet. Defenders should all be happy with their performances, thought Karipidis was on the wrong side a lot.

Another shocker from Robbie today.

He's handicapping the side with his desperately bad passing.

Solid enough defensively but his passing is very weak. Who do we have who is a better option though?

portobellojambo1

I agree it is not his fault he is picked, that is possibly the most worrying part of all, we keep hearing about how good these youngsters coming through are, yet there doesn't appear to be one that can be put in in place of Neilson.

I do not judge football players on effort, I judge them based on ability, and you tend to find it is the players who get defended on here, as giving 110% effort, who actually lack the main requirement, ability. All the effort in the world without the relevant ability is a waste of effort.

Solid enough defensively but his passing is very weak. Who do we have who is a better option though?

Not sure.

We had a month to find better full backs but wasted it.

Looking at the threads - Miko, Elliot, Neilson, Stewart (Not seen a Jose one yet) - there is no doubting where you are. JKB.

But I am not complaining about it. As it shows no matter when we do win it is the same players that are being 'slaughtered' and the same players who seem to be always playing. I would be happy to pay Shaggy's fiver for him to become a member so he knows how most of us are feeling about certain players.

Anyway, Robbie Neilson. Is there are smilie where Neilson gets the ball, loses it and I have my head in my hands? if there is it would be my most used.

Yeah he made a few ***** ups at the back, some poor passing but what I want to ask is as a full-back does he practice crossing. Trully dreadful today. Trully dreadful.

Gimme an H...
Looking at the threads - Miko, Elliot, Neilson, Stewart (Not seen a Jose one yet) - there is no doubting where you are. JKB.

But I am not complaining about it. As it shows no matter when we do win it is the same players that are being 'slaughtered' and the same players who seem to be always playing. I would be happy to pay Shaggy's fiver for him to become a member so he knows how most of us are feeling about certain players.

Anyway, Robbie Neilson. Is there are smilie where Neilson gets the ball, loses it and I have my head in my hands? if there is it would be my most used.

Yeah he made a few ***** ups at the back, some poor passing but what I want to ask is as a full-back does he practice crossing. Trully dreadful today. Trully dreadful.

Ive got my head in my hands before he loses it mate. Hes dreadful at everything. I dont think he practices anything at training, I think he turns up and runs around alot, his fitness is immense. Just a pity everything else he attempts to do is shockingly bad.

there's no doubt that both full backs are areas where we can make the greatest improvement in the team but at RB there was no other realistic option other than Robbie today.

OK, his crossing and passing are not the best, but defensively i thought that he was fairly soid which is his primary role.

there's no doubt that both full backs are areas where we can make the greatest improvement in the team but at RB there was no other realistic option other than Robbie today.

OK, his crossing and passing are not the best, but defensively i thought that he was fairly soid which is his primary role.

The other option had been on the bench for the previous 3 games.

He was sacrificed today to allow Zaliukas a place on the bench.

Make of that what you will..............

Neilson without a doubt is the worst right back in the SPL.

Go on Coco, Name me one who's worse.

A truly horrific football player.

Gary Caldwell.:wink:

Gary Caldwell is a centre half who has played at right back due to the WGS not having a clue.

He is pish right enough but i'd still take him ahead of that clown Neilson.

:P

Gary Caldwell is a centre half who has played at right back due to the WGS not having a clue.

He is pish right enough but i'd still take him ahead of that clown Neilson.

:P

Yeah I know. Shows how bad it is. Looking at a centre back to say he is worse than Neilson at right back.

:1022:.....You have been a servant of our club for a long time, and for that we salute you.....but one cracking tackle in the Cup Final....and one cracking stirke in Basle does NOT mean we have to put up with these ridiculous performances from him now.

Why does he still get a game for us. He looks out of place, out of confidence, out of ideas, and I say he should be OUT of the Team. :wavey:

I totally agree mate, it is a mystery how he gets a game week in week out, his passing is horrendous, he gets ripped apart by any trick wingers, there must be a young player in the reserves who can be given a chance, Robbie is simply not good enough.

Hearts currently have the worst 2 full backs in the League:mad:

This has been discussed many times before.

Bottom Line - Frail is an idiot continually playing them Or we don't have any full backs in the reserves / U19's ready to step up.

If the latter is the situation then that is a Disgrace for a club like Heart of Midlothian!!

Solid performance in defence today. Another clean sheet. Defenders should all be happy with their performances, thought Karipidis was on the wrong side a lot.

So according to you:

(1)Neilson should be happy with his performance today.

(2)Velicka is a 'Lower level' striker.

As I thought, you have no clue about football. :)

I would have to agree with you.:cool:

I think people are missing a lot of what Neilson does wrong.

Today I noted 4 or 5 occasions when we were passing the ball, looking confident and spraying the ball around - and then the ball was passed to Neilson....

He put his head down and whacked the ball high into the air. Every single time we lost possession. It is little things like this which make him such a poor player. He is beyond woeful. Beyond defensible.

And I also looked at the ratings thread for today. Many people had Neilson as 6 !!! :eek:

Are they mental....

steviefrailspants

I find it incredible the level of abuse that's aimed towards Neilson on this board. Some days on JKB if it wasn't for the maroon colouring and banners at the top of the page you would not believe you were on a Hearts 'fans' forum.

Robbie has had a fairly poor season by his standards but that same accusation could be levelled at every single player in the Hearts squad (with the exception of Velicka).

Neilson is a professional footballer holding down a regular starting berth in a team at the highest level of Scottish fitba. He is clearly not as p@sh as some would have you believe. Real football guys like Levein, Burley, Robertson, Walter Smith, Rix, Frail (Romanov :confused:) have all deemed him good enough and I believe they know better than the average poster on JKB.

When Burley arrived here and the general quality of the squad was taken up a level with the arrival of Rudi, Fysass, Janny etc...some players were found out (Simmons / McCallister / McFarlane) and were moved on . RN buckled down and raised the bar on the level of his own performance and had a fine season culminating in a historic cup final win for Hearts. This new found confidence earned him a cap where he didn't disgrace himself against a team that had just finished 3rd in the World Cup.

I'm a firm believer that the decline in standards in a lot of Hearts younger players over the last two seasons (Neilson, Berra, Elliott, Mole) stems from the numerous behind the scenes changes / lack of real coaching & development / crazy club management by VR. Oh and the constant hammering by the home 'faithful' at Tynecastle can be doing little for these guys confidence also.

Probably be slated for daring to stand up for RN but I find the amount of abuse he cops a tad over the top.

bigbryanthejambo
I find it incredible the level of abuse that's aimed towards Neilson on this board. Some days on JKB if it wasn't for the maroon colouring and banners at the top of the page you would not believe you were on a Hearts 'fans' forum.

Robbie has had a fairly poor season by his standards but that same accusation could be levelled at every single player in the Hearts squad (with the exception of Velicka).

Neilson is a professional footballer holding down a regular starting berth in a team at the highest level of Scottish fitba. He is clearly not as p@sh as some would have you believe. Real football guys like Levein, Burley, Robertson, Walter Smith, Rix, Frail (Romanov :confused:) have all deemed him good enough and I believe they know better than the average poster on JKB.

When Burley arrived here and the general quality of the squad was taken up a level with the arrival of Rudi, Fysass, Janny etc...some players were found out (Simmons / McCallister / McFarlane) and were moved on . RN buckled down and raised the bar on the level of his own performance and had a fine season culminating in a historic cup final win for Hearts. This new found confidence earned him a cap where he didn't disgrace himself against a team that had just finished 3rd in the World Cup.

I'm a firm believer that the decline in standards in a lot of Hearts younger players over the last two seasons (Neilson, Berra, Elliott, Mole) stems from the numerous behind the scenes changes / lack of real coaching & development / crazy club management by VR. Oh and the constant hammering by the home 'faithful' at Tynecastle can be doing little for these guys confidence also.

Probably be slated for daring to stand up for RN but I find the amount of abuse he cops a tad over the top.

Nobody is questioning whether Neilson WAS a player.....or whether Burley, Rix etc knew better than us re: who is a player and who isn't....hence why when I started this thread I made reference to him being a long servant of the club and those 2 key moments in his career when he did sumthing sensational. (CUP FINAL TACKLE and STRIKE IN BASLE)

However...I am assuming with such a strong viewpoint you actually do attend Hearts games, and have attended Hearts games this season...so you will also know that he really isnt half the player he was even last season. He is deteriorating and making far too many mistakes.

IMO he is no longer good enough and what he has done for us in the past does not merit him getting a jersey week in week out.

Hearts younger players over the last two seasons (Neilson, Berra, Elliott, Mole)

Not trying to shoot you down, mate, cos it's not a bad argument, but is Neilson not 28/29? Not exactly a yoof team member.

Also, Rix-

210px-FamilyGuyHerbert.jpg

Burley also wanted the reserve at Ajax to replace him.

Levein never had a left back so chose to play Alan Maybury there, Creating a position for RN at right back.

Robbo was drunk.

Walter Smith capped him once..........and never again.

Rix was a pervert.

This is the biggest crock of **** i have read on kickback in many a year.

What exactly is the point of a footballl forum if you cannot be honest. Infact if you look throughout the club if the fans cant be honest then no one will be/ Its commendable that there is a degree of loyalty to players but its farcical that these people wont actually be honest with themselves.

It's complete idiocy. If you have an ounce of footballing intelligence you'd recognise he is not a good football player.

Strawberry Jam

He is my hero

He scored in Basle and made me loads of cash!!!

Also he has a nice hairdo!!

How bad was Jose though!!

Graham Thomson
Burley also wanted the reserve at Ajax to replace him.

Levein never had a left back so chose to play Alan Maybury there, Creating a position for RN at right back.

Robbo was drunk.

Walter Smith capped him once..........and never again.

Rix was a pervert.

is there any point to any of your posts .............

This is the biggest crock of **** i have read on kickback in many a year.

What exactly is the point of a footballl forum if you cannot be honest. Infact if you look throughout the club if the fans cant be honest then no one will be/ Its commendable that there is a degree of loyalty to players but its farcical that these people wont actually be honest with themselves.

It's complete idiocy. If you have an ounce of footballing intelligence you'd recognise he is not a good football player.

I take it you are just back from the pub.

What the **** are you on.

This forum has **** all to do with honesty it's all about opinions, if someones opinion doesn't agree with yours then tough s--t

I think people are missing a lot of what Neilson does wrong.

Today I noted 4 or 5 occasions when we were passing the ball, looking confident and spraying the ball around - and then the ball was passed to Neilson....

He put his head down and whacked the ball high into the air. Every single time we lost possession. It is little things like this which make him such a poor player. He is beyond woeful. Beyond defensible.

And I also looked at the ratings thread for today. Many people had Neilson as 6 !!! :eek:

Are they mental....

Do you focus your attention on Neilson, i mean when Robbie f--cks up you write it down.

Do you focus your attention on Neilson, i mean when Robbie f--cks up you write it down.

Quite obviously he is there with a notebook making notes on Neilsons performance. I find it funny that people go on about the tackle and the goal as the only thing's he has done at Hearts.

Am I wrong in thinking we have just gone 3 league games without conceding for the first time in how long? Is Robbie not part of that defence. Did we not finish 2nd a year or so back was Robbie not part of that defence? Did we not win the Scottish cup? Was Robbie "the tackle" not part of that squad too. and let's be honest here for a second did he not actually win us the cup with that "tackle".

Is Robbie the best RB in the league? No but hey he is ours so instead of slagging him off after every game cause all he has done in 10 years is score 1 goal against Basle and one Tackle in the final. Let's say well done again today defence 3 clean sheets let's carry it forward into next week where we have to go to septic park.

Or we can just get negative like usual. I would like a new RB and LB in the summer but at the mo this is what we have.

to be fair to robbie he does two things VERY well.

1. The Pass inside to an opposition player

2. The pass up the wing to the upper stand areas.

AND he is consistant and most managers love consistancy.

Win lose or draw Robbie is terrible. As much as I agree with this thread, and all those that state the truly awful Neilson is one of the worst players to grace the jersey, I cannot see what is to be gained from saying how rubbish he is weekly.

You cant exactly miss every time he mucks up. :)

I just simply noticed he completely spoiled about 4 or 5 nice passing moments we had today. The ball got round most players in the team, then when it got to Neilson it was all lost. I think that says it all really. And no notebook required. ;)

That will be a hell of a lot of writing then.

I dont understand why Robbie is a hate figure for so many, but each to their own. One thing I would point out, and yesterday was a classic example, we have wingers who will not accept responsibility. When the ball is played up the line they take a touch and play it back to the full back, thus he is left isolated with a player closing him down and has little options. Both Chesney and Driver did this frequently, and then to compound matters we have Stewart not showing for it in the middle (too busy screaming for it in a dramatic fashion whilst being 2 yards away).

I am not suggesting that Robbie is the best RB in the world, but another clean sheet and defensively our unit looks solid. I think most other than the best full backs would struggle with the way we play sometimes.

It's ****** all with him being a hate figure - he's just gash.

Much is made of our wide right not helping him out but how about working that the other way?

When does he ever provide a good ball up the channel? When does he ever overlap with any effect? What about his supply to the main forward(s)?

Fed up hearing excuses for him - He's not good enough. Plain and simple.

Archived