T in the Park 2008

robinc_72

Hey, firstly does anyone know when the second batch of tickets are coming out? Secondly, i'm fifteen at the moment and desperate to go to T in the Park 08, but says on the website u have to be 16 to go without an adult? Does anyone know if the security with age is strict on the doors, and dyu reckon i'd get in ok?

cheers

T in the Park is full of neds. Try Wickerman or Belladrum, Bestival too. Can't see you having any problems getting in, just don't make it too obvious your 15 :thumb:

Tickets? Check the website, queue all night long, they'll be sold out within an hour.

I used to go every year and it was great but it's getting played out a bit now. Very jakey these days. Went last year to mainly see the artic monkeys and got stuck in traffic 6 miles away for 7 hours and missed them. That night some pleb came into the tent while me and the g/f we're sleeping and bumped my wallet. I was flying to Turkey on the monday and had to scrounge off the g/f for the holiday till i got my cards sorted out. Left a stinking taste in the mouth and i won't be back :)

Hey, firstly does anyone know when the second batch of tickets are coming out? Secondly, i'm fifteen at the moment and desperate to go to T in the Park 08, but says on the website u have to be 16 to go without an adult? Does anyone know if the security with age is strict on the doors, and dyu reckon i'd get in ok?

cheers

if you get tickets and you`re worried about gettin in cause you look like a nippper, just latch on some folk in the Q, that way youll be with an adult technically. And you`ll have plenty time to meet folk in the Q, cause these days it takes frickin ages to get in.

agreed that it`s full of jakes now, but if you know what you`re goin to see and when you can avoid most of them cause from what i`ve seen they usually just hang around the fairground as thats there normal inviroment.

Hot my tickets already from the 1st batch, never camped before but hear it's full of Neds, no too fussed cos I'm goin with the lads so no1 can ruin a weekend away with the boys!!

I've been the last few years but not too fussy for it now. It is far too crowded now - increased the crowd but not the size of the area they've to fit into. I'll wait to hear what the line up is like. But if it's david Bowie I'll be kicking myself for not getting tickets before now.

I've been the last few years but not too fussy for it now. It is far too crowded now - increased the crowd but not the size of the area they've to fit into. I'll wait to hear what the line up is like. But if it's david Bowie I'll be kicking myself for not getting tickets before now.

i dont think you'll get the chance tbh, think they release tickets before they announce the lineup now so you just have to get tickets and hope for the best

Yeah thats my worry.

Think the tickets are to be sold in a few batches with the biggy going on sale mid-Feb, press release a few days before.

Also, strong possibility that camp site will open on Thursday night with a ?15 health & safety fee ???? (does that mean you club together to slop out a portaloo). Bands on Friday for campers only.

I'm past the camping stage :( it was cronic last year.

A Boy Named Crow

Wodn't touch Scheme In the Dark. Camping Flight To Lowlands Paradise is the greatest thing, never mind festival, ever! Words would do it justice. Imagine a British festival without any of the drawbacks!!!

tommythejambo

Went last year. Thought it was quality. Only band I was really fussed about seeing was the Arctic Monkeys and seen them on the Friday.

Spent teh rest of the weekend ****ed, even got lost for 7 hours on the Sunday.

Sexton Hardcastle

went last year for the first time. altho the weather was poor on the friday the weekend was amazing. yes the bogs were stinking and over crowded but one of the best weekends iv ever had. The tent for th Klaxns,Jamie T and the View was top draw as well. Altho nearly getting trampled on... get on with it and enjoy it. I got my tickets off ebay for 175 ish each last year. so not too bad

cobbyshambles
went last year for the first time. altho the weather was poor on the friday the weekend was amazing. yes the bogs were stinking and over crowded but one of the best weekends iv ever had. The tent for th Klaxns,Jamie T and the View was top draw as well. Altho nearly getting trampled on... get on with it and enjoy it. I got my tickets off ebay for 175 ish each last year. so not too bad

aye pure jamie t aye aye mad for it.:eek:

Spent teh rest of the weekend ****ed, even got lost for 7 hours on the Sunday.

And that is why I don't like T In The Park. Nothing against Tommy but it seems the most booze fuelled of the festivals, and obviously people are oddly proud of that.

I enjoyed TITP a few years ago, but now its all about the european festivals for me. No neds, gorgeous women, better weather, the same acts as UK and no more expensive.

Super!

Yeah remember rockwerchter? Sponsored by STella, pretty cheap, stunning women, great bands and no schemies. Good times.

I have also been to Leeds, Oxygen and the Mull festival. Each one was better the TiTP. You know it makes sense to leave TiTP to the ****.

I know a few folk that have been and they all raved about it. Only problem apparently is the enormous volume of english w@nks there turn it into a kind of benidorm type place for the week, which aint my cup of tea. I was thinking about going to either benicassim or the Exit festival in serbia....

I never fancy T in the Park, but they always manage to pull off one really big act that would make it all worth it.

I would have loved to have seen The Who!

I never fancy T in the Park, but they always manage to pull off one really big act that would make it all worth it.

I would have loved to have seen The Who!

I would make an efort to go at least once, i dont think the problem with neds is as bad as everyone makes out tbh, and in terms of atmosphere/crowd being up for a llaugh etc i'd say its probably the best festival.

tommythejambo
And that is why I don't like T In The Park. Nothing against Tommy but it seems the most booze fuelled of the festivals, and obviously people are oddly proud of that.

To be honest as ****ed as I was, never caused any trouble or that just went about and had a good time, still took in quite a few bands aswell.

Nothing wrong with being a bit boozed up if it's all done in the best possible taste ;)

Yeah remember rockwerchter? Sponsored by STella, pretty cheap, stunning women, great bands and no schemies. Good times.

I have also been to Leeds, Oxygen and the Mull festival. Each one was better the TiTP. You know it makes sense to leave TiTP to the ****.

Amen to that!

Very tempted to return to Rockwerchter this year. Probably keep it as back-up and try another european one.

What was Mull festival like?

I would make an efort to go at least once, i dont think the problem with neds is as bad as everyone makes out tbh, and in terms of atmosphere/crowd being up for a llaugh etc i'd say its probably the best festival.

Agreed, it's nowhere near as bad as all that.

Never once had any problems all the times i've been, nothing but great memories over the years.

Guaranteed to be this year though now i've said that.

:)

Agreed, it's nowhere near as bad as all that.

Never once had any problems all the times i've been, nothing but great memories over the years.

Guaranteed to be this year though now i've said that.

:)

only been involved in one bit of trouble, but thats coz my brother threw a full bottle of pepsi over sum ned who was sleeping on the grass in the middle of the funfair. Apart from that, nothing. It stands to reason that if your going to see Oasis or the Slam tent etc theres going to be a few undesirables about, same as every other ordinary gig, or any time you go to the pub.

Archived