UAE - Yikes!

CompleteIdiot

CompleteIdiot
The lack of anything to do once you're there should be enough to put people off . ;)

I've never had a need to go there. Presumably it's duller than the flash buildings suggest?

Quite right, if he still had crumbs on him from when he left London he must be a right scruff :P

Seriously though, 4 years for 3 seeds seems a tad harsh!!

I've never had a need to go there. Presumably it's duller than the flash buildings suggest?

Abu Dhabi is pretty quiet, but Dubai is a great place if you know where to go. ;):rolleyes:

I'm gonna move there and try and setup an Atheist State.

Do you think I have much chance?

Just me, some drink, drugs and strippers.

Would probably be a millionaire within weeks.

I have been fortunate to have had great times in Dubai, Sharjah and Jebel Ali.

John

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit messed up out there when it comes to the justice system, and 4 year jail terms are handed out for pretty much anything

My dad used to work out there, and the stories you would hear were unreal.

Such as, a British woman who was put in jail for 2 years, for hitting a UAE national with her car. The UAE national had dementia, and had been hit by 10 cars in the past year because he kept walking out onto the road, but that didn't matter

The boys at customs never took to kindly to me having FHM in my bag either

Say What Again

British tourist Keith Brown was sentenced to four years in prison after Dubai customs officers found a 0.003g trace of cannabis stuck to his shoe.

****ing hell

British tourist Keith Brown was sentenced to four years in prison after Dubai customs officers found a 0.003g trace of cannabis stuck to his shoe.

****ing hell

Not even a pipes worth.

The boys at customs never took to kindly to me having FHM in my bag either

Just as well it wasn't Riyadh or Jeddah. :eek:

Just as well it wasn't Riyadh or Jeddah. :eek:

I reckon the boys just wanted a look without all the black marker editing! They sat and flicked through every page, while making me wait

I did offer to let the guy keep it, but that seemed to **** him off even more :rolleyes:

Never been to Dubai but I'm sure its the death penalty for bringing drugs into Singapore. Other criminal offences are not flushing the toilet, selling chewing gum, littering and jaywalking. Very strict but the country has a very low number of violent crimes.

Never been to Dubai but I'm sure its the death penalty for bringing drugs into Singapore. Other criminal offences are not flushing the toilet, selling chewing gum, littering and jaywalking. Very strict but the country has a very low number of violent crimes.

It's the death penalty for "trafficable" quantities of drugs all over Asia; China, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, etc etc.

Incidentally,I'm pretty sure the Singapore gum ban has now been lifted.

I reckon the boys just wanted a look without all the black marker editing!

Yup.

It's the death penalty for "trafficable" quantities of drugs all over Asia; China, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, etc etc.

Incidentally,I'm pretty sure the Singapore gum ban has now been lifted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Singapore

Know its not very reliable but wikipedia says 'the sale of chewing gum' is still a criminal offence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Singapore

Know its not very reliable but wikipedia says 'the sale of chewing gum' is still a criminal offence.

The sale might be but I'm sure you can now bring it in. It used to be banned completely.

Incidentally, if the death penalty thing worries you, you should see the wording on the immigration cards for those countries; DEATH FOR DRUG TRAFFICKERS.

The sale might be but I'm sure you can now bring it in. It used to be banned completely.

Incidentally, if the death penalty thing worries you, you should see the wording on the immigration cards for those countries; DEATH FOR DRUG TRAFFICKERS.

Yeah I've been to Singapore and Malaysia before, on separate trips, stayed there for two days on the way to Australia. They give you plenty of warnings about it on the plane as well. :nooo:

They give you plenty of warnings about it on the plane as well. :nooo:

Yeah, I usually head off to the toilet to snort all my ching when the cabin crew make those announcements. :P

Fud.

Raymond's a good guy. No way does he deserve 4 years for something that would get you a caution here. If that's the sentence for that across there, i shudder to think what they do with rapists etc....:confused:

Raymond's a good guy. No way does he deserve 4 years for something that would get you a caution here. If that's the sentence for that across there, i shudder to think what they do with rapists etc....:confused:

He probably is, was more meaning that he somehow "forgot" he had weed in his pocket. :P

Archived