Songs for the derby

Statto

maroonlegions
this is still a sectarian song even if you change "F" to hibee. "Billy boys" is secterian. I know you guys all just want to show your support for the team but this is not the way to do it (IMO). There is no way you can seperate the song from it's history. The press and the police will pick up on it. It will get us into trouble. Say you hate hibs. Sing whatever. Just don't sing this one. (please).

WHAT ABOUT .for we are the MENTAL GORGIE BOYS or FOR WE ARE THE FECKING GORGIE BOYS.:P

Wayne Wayne super Wayne

Whatever songs are sung, lets have Tynecastle absolutely buzzing to lift the players and lets noise these hibby tramps up FTH

doot doot doo doot beniusis?

or maybe robbie neilson

seriously though

andy, oh andy driver

oh andy driver on the wiiiing

Can we try and modify the old Ivo Ivanauskis on the bench on the bench song...that was brilliant along with everyone doing the squatting low before jumping up and dancing like a loon singing we've got Ivo Ivanauskis on the bench on the bench IVO oh IVANAUSKAS...I think more senior fans will recall it being sung about Willie Johnstone and Prentice as well

What player would be worthy of having this song sung about them at the moment?

oh i do like it by the seaside, oh i do like it by the sea,

with my hammer in my hand, smashing hibbees into the sand

by the seaside, by the sea !

Classic tune!

Or

Wheres you team gone? wheres you team gone?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Nah ill no be sitting on my erse.Ill be there with my daughter and i wont be singing rangers songs ya *****

Been sung at Tynie for YEARS. hardly a Rangers song. Still some of the Juhnny come lately fans cant understand this. At least if you were against the up to our knees you would have a point.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Just because it doen't break any laws doesn't necessarily mean it is ok...

Eh, so now your Scotlands moral guardian, and i think you will find if it doesnt break a law then its fine.:)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Cheers for the offer but I've got an MA in History and I know where the song came from. It is.

So what? are you telling us that part of your course at telford was about this song?

No, didnt think so.

dont sing it, i respect the fact you dont want to, just stop trying to tell others what to do.

Guest S.U.S.S.
The thing about Hello Hello, you will get the people singing F-blood which will get us into trouble.

I have no problem about singing Hibee blood but would the ones that are proposing singing it be able to get hibee blood out before the song is hijacked by the a***holes who would sing F-blood?

I honestly believe yes, the vast majority will sing hibees drowning out any alternative versions.:)

Its a Rangers song.Ive been a season ticket holder for over 20 years son.So u want to sing it go for it but as well as Hibs fans booing sure a few Jambos willl tell you to shut it.Cant be bothered wi neds like you.Prob carry a union jack as well.S cum bag

siegementality
On welovepotatoes.net they tried this thread, all they got was 2 songs that would never work and 2 that they would need to be winning to sing, oh and also someone said they were bringing a Finland flag:peepwall: :eek:

what songs should we jamtarts sing;

I'll go for "some poor tattie's got a paatelainen heid"

+ the usual- Hearts song, when the Hearts go marching in, oh hibess are gay etc.

What about

You've got a manager, you've got a manager, we've no, we've no.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Its a Rangers song.Ive been a season ticket holder for over 20 years son.So u want to sing it go for it but as well as Hibs fans booing sure a few Jambos willl tell you to shut it.Cant be bothered wi neds like you.Prob carry a union jack as well.S cum bag

Son? right then!

Ned? really, take it you know me? no didnt think so.

Take your keyboard warrior insults somewhere else, idiot.

You have an attitude problem.

TBH, i'm torn down the middle on hello hello, It is a fact that when this was sung a couple of years back, the crowd was lifted and it got the whole place going. nowadays people do not join in for what ever reasons, eithier they don't like the song or the impression it gives our supporters.

As for union flag ****, i woul;d happily refuse them into the crowd to wave them, but then they just mumble on about pround to be british nonesense !

If you are singing hello and waving the flag why not go for all out and sing old edinburgh !

Guest S.U.S.S.
TBH, i'm torn down the middle on hello hello, It is a fact that when this was sung a couple of years back, the crowd was lifted and it got the whole place going. nowadays people do not join in for what ever reasons, eithier they don't like the song or the impression it gives our supporters.

As for union flag ****, i woul;d happily refuse them into the crowd to wave them, but then they just mumble on about pround to be british nonesense !

If you are singing hello and waving the flag why not go for all out and sing old edinburgh !

Kind of agree with you but dont think the hibee version and the UJ go as hand in hand as previous versions, still thats close to a flag debate so will simply say.

Mods, he started it, he mentioned flags first!!!!;)

It's amazing how such an arguement with insults can develop on football forums.

I think the Hello Hello would have been a good suggestion a few years back but these days, the song has really been highlighted as one that we need to get rid of.

For everybody explaining the song used to get the crowd involved and improved atmosphere, that is true but that is like saying if we brought Skacel and Brellier (examples) back, it doesn't mean to say we'd play as well as we did in 2005 -now.

To the tune of H,A,P,P,Y or their H I B B Y version

you have H I V Oh aye

H I V OH Aye

I know you have

I'm sure you have

H I V OH AYE

Guest S.U.S.S.
It's amazing how such an arguement with insults can develop on football forums.

I think the Hello Hello would have been a good suggestion a few years back but these days, the song has really been highlighted as one that we need to get rid of.

For everybody explaining the song used to get the crowd involved and improved atmosphere, that is true but that is like saying if we brought Skacel and Brellier (examples) back, it doesn't mean to say we'd play as well as we did in 2005 -now.

Think they only develop when one person/side decides they are correct and will not entertain even the possibility that others have a point.

Its amazing how the word bigot is thrown about by some on here when their posting style and content mark them as the very thing they claim to be intolerant of.

So what? are you telling us that part of your course at telford was about this song?

No, didnt think so.

dont sing it, i respect the fact you dont want to, just stop trying to tell others what to do.

Nah mate - Irish History. Senior Honours. Edinburgh.

Its not about me though.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Nah mate - Irish History. Senior Honours. Edinburgh.

Its not about me though.

Good man, glad you took the telford thing the way it was intended.

Senior honours? does that mean you were the oldest on the course?

Sorry couldnt stop myself!;)

oh thats a good one since HIV is such a funny subject :sarcasm: NOT

Everyone know that AIDS is funny now - more than 22.3 years have elapsed since it was discovered.

Incidentally, using 'NOT' at the end of a sentence to indicate sarcasm definitely stopped being funny about 2 weeks after Wayne's World was released.

What's with all the daft bickering?:)

I think we have firmly established nobody is going to agree about if it is sectarian or not. So let's all focus on what really matters and get pumped up for tomorrows game.

Away up in Gorgie...:rolleyes:

What's with all the daft bickering?:)

I think we have firmly established nobody is going to agree about if it is sectarian or not. So let's all focus on what really matters and get pumped up for tomorrows game.

Away up in Gorgie...:rolleyes:

Rather than summoning up some arcane justification that 'Billy Boys' refers to a non-sectarian gang from the 1920s, we should accept that's not what people commonly understand it to mean. Particularly its most enthusiastic exponents who wave Union Jacks and, sadly for a Scottish football club, Ulster flags.

The 'sanitised' version shouldn't include 'Fenian' or 'Billy Boys'.

Ultimately, for a club with a massive repertoire of original songs, I can't understand why we have to resort to a song which appears, to non-Hearts fans, to ally us with the reactionary filth at Ibrox.

Mixu Paatelainen

His Tattie heid is shineing

It's Hideously Large

The dirty hibby radge

to the mixu paatelainen what a ****ing signing tune

Rather than summoning up some arcane justification that 'Billy Boys' refers to a non-sectarian gang from the 1920s, we should accept that's not what people commonly understand it to mean. Particularly its most enthusiastic exponents who wave Union Jacks and, sadly for a Scottish football club, Ulster flags.

Ultimately, for a club with a massive repertoire of original songs, I can't understand why we have to resort to a song which appears, to non-Hearts fans, to ally us with the reactionary filth at Ibrox.

I agree that 'fenian' and 'billy boys' are sectarian, but was just trying to change the subject on that and build a more positive atmosphere:)

I agree that 'fenian' and 'billy boys' are sectarian, but was just trying to change the subject on that and build a more positive atmosphere:)

Can't argue with that.

FTH

Who put the ball in the Hibees net Robbo, Robbo,

Who put the ball in the Hibees net Johnny Robertson,

Johnny Robertson, Johnny Robertson,

Who put the ball in the Hibees net Johnny Robertson:)

I've never felt more like sinking the booze, when Robbo scores the hibees lose, oh robbo youve got me sinking the booze

Whats it like to follow sh* te?, whats it like to? whats it like to? whats it like to follow/smell like sh* te?

FTH

To the tune of 500 miles:

And Hibs will wait 100 years and Hibs will wait 100 more,

Just to lift the Scottish Cup that Hearts have won so many times before,

Hahahaha, Hahahaha!:P

The last time the hibees won a trophy

Noah built an Ark of wood

And on the way back into town

The horse and cart broke down

And the trophy it got nicked by Robin Hood

How many times have i posted that?

goes to that old tune - bring on the hibs the celts the rangers

He plays on the left,

He plays on the right,

That boy Chesney,

Makes (who?) look s***e!:P

Can't think of anyone to put in there. Any suggestions?

(Ian Murray)

Too *****e for Norwich

Oh your too *****e for Noooorwich...

(Dean Sheilds)

You're just a bird in Futurama...

this_is_my_story

Pish.

Had more than enough of all this PC crap, and mini-hun sheeite. As said by others already on the thread, what's wrong with the 'Hibee blood' version? And since when did Rangers sing about Hibee blood? And you're out of order suggesting that the boy carries a Union Jack, how the f@*k would you know? Clown.

this_is_my_story

Beacause (when sung without 'Fenian' or Billy Boys') it's a brilliantly rousing HEARTS song. How does it 'ally' us with Rangers? Does singing 'Oh when the Hearts' ally us with Celtic, just because they sing a version of the song with different lyrics, or Hibs for that matter?

Pish.

Had more than enough of all this PC crap, and mini-hun sheeite. As said by others already on the thread, what's wrong with the 'Hibee blood' version?

I totally agree that we should be able to sing it, however, regardless of your intentions in singin it - clearly the vast majority of (if not all) posters on here who wants to sing it do so because they feel its a great Hearts song which stirs the passion of fans and players - unfortunately the Huns have fecked it for everyone by goin OTT wi their sectarian peesh.

When a croud of folk are singin it, its impossible to hear the actual words bein sung - all the press hear is the tune and the dumb feckers put 2 & 2 together and accuse us of sectarian abuse. Vlad makes the West Coast Media and the West Coast Mafia's (SFA) jobs easy enough, all singin this song does is make it even easier.

Even if the press can hear every lyric as clear as a bell, they'll still report it as sectarian chanting.

All you're doing by singin it is playing into their hands. :(

this_is_my_story
I totally agree that we should be able to sing it, however, regardless of your intentions in singin it - clearly the vast majority of (if not all) posters on here who wants to sing it do so because they feel its a great Hearts song which stirs the passion of fans and players - unfortunately the Huns have fecked it for everyone by goin OTT wi their sectarian peesh.

When a croud of folk are singin it, its impossible to hear the actual words bein sung - all the press hear is the tune and the dumb feckers put 2 & 2 together and accuse us of sectarian abuse. Vlad makes the West Coast Media and the West Coast Mafia's (SFA) jobs easy enough, all singin this song does is make it even easier.

Even if the press can hear every lyric as clear as a bell, they'll still report it as sectarian chanting.

All you're doing by singin it is playing into their hands. :(

I do agree with some of your points, although I don't quite see the one in bold exactly as you do. Still, at least you're not one of these muppets who rules the song out as only a Rangers song. For the record, I'll be singing it.

Archived