Will Clum make it.

Munch

I just wondered how many think that Clum will make it as a first team regular i just cant see any potential in him, but Shaggy seems to rate him.

Not at hearts

I think our coaching set up along with fickle fans have ruined his chances here

I do think he will go on to be a very decent SPL player though at a club who play to his strengths

At Hearts, no.

With proper coaching and a fresh start away from fans just waiting for him to **** up, maybe.

Not saying the criticism of him is unjustified, virtually all of it is, but it won't be helping him.

Not at hearts

I do think he will go on to be a very decent SPL player though at a club who play to his strengths

Just out of curiosity do you include yourself as one of these "fickle fans"?

For what it?s worth, IMO there is a problem with our support but it is more the constantly moaning fans who moan about the players, management, coaches, owner and the club generally... They are as guilty of raising expectations as Vlad himself because they keep mentioning every real and imagined ambition & boast Vlad has ever uttered (through his interpreter)...

As for Elliot, I don?t think he?ll make it. He?s no midfielder for sure but if he?s suppose to be a striker, he?s one who cannot score...

For what it?s worth, IMO there is a problem with our support but it is more the constantly moaning fans who moan about the players, management, coaches, owner and the club generally... They are as guilty of raising expectations as Vlad himself because they keep mentioning every real and imagined ambition & boast Vlad has ever uttered (through his interpreter)...

As for Elliot, I don?t think he?ll make it. He?s no midfielder for sure but if he?s suppose to be a striker, he?s one who cannot score...

I rate elliot, he isnt a striker, he isnt a winger however he does create and in an advanced midifeld role I feel he has something to offer

Unfortunately he needs to get a run at it and we at hearts wont give him that

I do feel we are at the stage a move is best for all

Dont think im im a fickle fan, just frustrated, but i will be re-newing my 4 season tickets again next year as i still beleive.

Impossible to tell but he's a Scotland under-21, we used to be happy to have these players coming through the ranks.

Eliott is not without blame, but his career has been handled poorly by Hearts.

Interesting that in a team that would not struggling, he showed good promise.

And before the "Only played well against Celtic for an hour" line is trotted out, he played well in more game than that at the time.

Problem is, thats quite a while ago now. All said and done, time is ticking.

And before the "Only played well against Celtic for an hour" line is trotted out, he played well in more game than that at the time.

A lot is expected of him and he is being compared to players like Janny, Bednar, Velicka and Pospisil. Young forward players coming through at Hearts never had that kind of competition before.

Point taken , its just my opinion i dont think he is good enough to take us forward from where we are now, nothing against him he tries his best, but if he has playing for hibs would it frighten you to see his name on the team sheet.

I would have sent him down to John McGlynn at Raith in January for the rest of the season

Got to admit I've given up on him. It's two years since he shown even a modicum of ability. For his sake and ours it's time to move him on.

Toxteth O'Grady
I rate elliot, he isnt a striker, he isnt a winger however he does create and in an advanced midifeld role I feel he has something to offer

Unfortunately he needs to get a run at it and we at hearts wont give him that

I do feel we are at the stage a move is best for all

Creates what?

Guest Dr Venkman

Once again a player that looked full of promise 2 years ago seems to have succumbed to the general malaise that is the Hearts first team these days. Needs a move away for the sake of his career but how many can you say that about? Can hardly lay the blame for Hearts poor form this season at his yellow boots. The Hearts support seem to be too busy looking for scapegoats rather than concentrate on the major problems at our club.

He might make it sweeping floors in Burger King or something, but thats about it!!

I heard he likes whynot?

So he can maybe get a job in the toilet dishing out refreshements.

The Old Tolbooth
I heard he likes whynot?

So he can maybe get a job in the toilet dishing out refreshements.

He would miss the cups!

john brownlee

give the guy a break he wears a Hearts strip

He might be cr66p to some on here but have they played spl footie

one day he might just be the match winner

gorgie blizzard

Strange one callum elliot.

Never lived up to his potential. Looking back at the 05-06 cup DVD and he looked pretty damn good - lost it now which is a shame cos I think he definately has the ability.

The witch-hunt against CE has been deplorable. I think he will make it, but I sincerely hope some of his detractors have chucked it beforehand(metaphorically or literally; I don't mind!), since the thought of these cretins sharing his success is anathama to me and any real fans of the club.

loveofthegame

The boys got ability- anyone that cant see that is plain wrong.

Has he got the ability to remain at Hearts?! I dont know. His attitude problems may affect him, but IF he can get past that i see no reason why he doesnt have a chance

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He hasn't got the ability to be an SPL footballer.

That is obvious to anyone who has a clue about the game.

He would probably make a decent 1st division player and an excellent 2nd division player.

Sadly he is our 'managers' lapdug.

loveofthegame
He hasn't got the ability to be an SPL footballer.

That is obvious to anyone who has a clue about the game.

He would probably make a decent 1st division player and an excellent 2nd division player.

Sadly he is our 'managers' lapdug.

I like to think i have a clue, although in saying that i also agree with a lot of what you say on here.

IMHO he has what it takes to be an SPL player, maybe not a top 6 SPL player but he's got enough to remain in this league(if he sorts out his attitude problem as i said before).

I like to think i have a clue, although in saying that i also agree with a lot of what you say on here.

IMHO he has what it takes to be an SPL player, maybe not a top 6 SPL player but he's got enough to remain in this league(if he sorts out his attitude problem as i said before).

I usually agree with your opinion but not this time.

I can't see him getting a game for the likes of Falkirk.

he was diabolical at Motherwell from what I remember. 1 goal or something.

1st division at best for me.

Pars are perfect for him.

Agree about the attitude though, it is amazing how a young player can have so much arrogance.

loveofthegame
I usually agree with your opinion but not this time.

I can't see him getting a game for the likes of Falkirk.

he was diabolical at Motherwell from what I remember. 1 goal or something.

1st division at best for me.

Pars are perfect for him.

Agree about the attitude though, it is amazing how a young player can have so much arrogance.

True- i guess hes another 'only time will tell' player.

I still believe that he has what it takes to be a 'Falkirk' level player, but maybe not.

Do i think hes good enough to be a player in a team who is meant to be challenging for the top 3=no

but i still believe hes capable of playing spl football.

tbh i know the guy through friends and cant stand him- a guy with everything i could ever dream of whose doing his best to **** it up the wall. a guy who'd rather go and bevvy with his mates than sit in and prepare for walking out to represent the Hearts at Tynie. As i said on the Webster thread, these guys really dont deserve it....

Its worth pointing out that Elliot was poor under Mo Malpas at Motherwell. Pretty much like most players at Motherwell at that time.

Its amazing what a good manager can do to a young promising player.

IF Elliot went on loan to Motherwell this season under McGhee - dont ou think it would be interesting to see what player we would see?

I do.

True- i guess hes another 'only time will tell' player.

I still believe that he has what it takes to be a 'Falkirk' level player, but maybe not.

Do i think hes good enough to be a player in a team who is meant to be challenging for the top 3=no

but i still believe hes capable of playing spl football.

tbh i know the guy through friends and cant stand him- a guy with everything i could ever dream of whose doing his best to **** it up the wall. a guy who'd rather go and bevvy with his mates than sit in and prepare for walking out to represent the Hearts at Tynie. As i said on the Webster thread, these guys really dont deserve it....

He's a funny one.

My mate is with him quite a bit and I think he does enjoy a bevy but he is supposed to be a thoroughly decent guy. (As are Driver, Berra and Jonsson)

It doesn't come across on the pitch though that's for sure. :mad:

loveofthegame
Its worth pointing out that Elliot was poor under Mo Malpas at Motherwell. Pretty much like most players at Motherwell at that time.

IF Elliot went on loan to Motherwell this season under McGhee - dont ou think it would be interesting to see what player we would see?

I do.

Thats kind of the point i was tryin to make mate.

He was class at times in the Burley team. It'd certainly be interesting to see him in a side with proper management and a proper playing structure around him

I do.

Good point.

Elliots best spell was under Rix while the team played really poorly.

Strange really.

Frail may love him but he certainly can't get the best out of him.

loveofthegame
He's a funny one.

My mate is with him quite a bit and I think he does enjoy a bevy but he is supposed to be a thoroughly decent guy. (As are Driver, Berra and Jonsson)

It doesn't come across on the pitch though that's for sure. :mad:

Yeah i think in general they probably are. They are just young guys enjoying life like myself and other young guys are doing- problem is they are professional footballers who i wish would worry more about their football than being good socialite guys!

Probably never happen though!

Good point.

Elliots best spell was under Rix while the team played really poorly.

Strange really.

Frail may love him but he certainly can't get the best out of him.

We were on a downward mate, but even under Rix we were wining games and picking up points. It was just on a lower level than under Burley.

Looking at it, NO matter how much of an influence Romanov had under Rix, he was always on a hiding to nothing.

Should never have been there,, but there you go....

Getting sidetracked!

Elliot done well in a decent Hearts side that was not playing to the best of its ability. Still a decent SPL team though.

Not 100% sure if Elliot could turn it around, but it would be nice if the tools around him were in place.

I just wondered how many think that Clum will make it as a first team regular i just cant see any potential in him, but Shaggy seems to rate him.

Through 90 minutes?

We were on a downward mate, but even under Rix we were wining games and picking up points. It was just on a lower level than under Burley.

Looking at it, NO matter how much of an influence Romanov had under Rix, he was always on a hiding to nothing.

Should never have been there,, but there you go....

Getting sidetracked!

Elliot done well in a decent Hearts side that was not playing to the best of its ability. Still a decent SPL team though.

Not 100% sure if Elliot could turn it around, but it would be nice if the tools around him were in place.

You and Loveofthegame both have a point and maybe my opinion on Elliott was a bit too harsh but I just get really angry watching his current performance in a Hearts jersey .... frustrating or what!

I've already posted on another thread about how well I thought he played under leadership from Rix and Jankauskas and I guess most fans agree.

They days are over though eh, I guess we just hope for a good result tomorrow and maybe a wee improvement in form from Elliott. :)

FWIW I honestly think Velicka and Nade could be brilliant for us.

loveofthegame
You and Loveofthegame both have a point and maybe my opinion on Elliott was a bit too harsh but I just get really angry watching his current performance in a Hearts jersey .... frustrating or what!

I've already posted on another thread about how well I thought he played under leadership from Rix and Jankauskas and I guess most fans agree.

They days are over though eh, I guess we just hope for a good result tomorrow and maybe a wee improvement in form from Elliott. :)

A fit Nade could be the absolute damage. Alongside a natural goalscorer like Velicka.... we can but hope

Mate, like I said in my first post - he has been frustrating - hard to defend some of it.

He is a boo boy though and they dont get the benefit others do.

Its always been like that and always will.

I think

Handy Andy

Pinilla

That would do for me. Optimist, but if the wee man can get a run of games - he could light up the SPL. They would compliment each other so much.

Can see why people cont go with the Pinilla one though. Not enough game sadly.

Not at hearts

I think Jamie Mole has more chance of making it.

Players have to take the chances they get and sadly Elliot has not. His nose was severely put out of joint by being sent to Motherwell IMO and he?s never even looked like a player since. The only signs I?ve seen since the Celtic game at New Year was when he was tired enough to have to hit the ball early against Dunfermline in the CIS and he scored 2 as a result...If he hadn?t been knackered he?d have gone one on one with the keeper and probably messed it up both times. I guess what I?m trying to say is that to be a good striker you have to be either clever or instinctive and Elliot isn?t either. From what I?ve heard he?s not a thinker, and so will never be like Jani was, but he?s not instinctive either...

Archived