Give him a chance FFS

We are murder, We dont have enough goalscorers

Hes a striker with a prolific scoring record

See were im going?:rolleyes:

Give him a chance FFS

He's not going to make it, and his brother annoys me.

He is sh*t. Punt him.

Based on his prolific record pre hearts or his fairly decent one when played as a striker for hearts?

The boy hasnt had a chance

Granted he isnt a great footballer, but he knows were the net is and would guarentee us goals

Husref Musemic also knew where the goal was but he was still rank rotten.

Makela imo could be our kris boyd

He knows were the net is and whilst his touch is awful Id forgive him for being useless most of the time if he could bang us 20 a season as I believe he could

Makela imo could be our kris boyd

He knows were the net is and whilst his touch is awful Id forgive him for being useless most of the time if he could bang us 20 a season as I believe he could

:obscene:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think we can all agree that Velicka is our top striker.

Now I actually like Makela but he can't play up beside Velicka .... it just wouldn't work.

We need someone with another dimension to their play. Someone who can create and bring the midfield into play.

I think Nade has the footballing ability to play that role, whether he has the desire/fitness is another thing altogether.

Cut our losses with Makela I think.

I think we can all agree that Velicka is our top striker.

Now I actually like Makela but he can't play up beside Velicka .... it just wouldn't work.

We need someone with another dimension to their play. Someone who can create and bring the midfield into play.

I think Nade has the footballing ability to play that role, whether he has the desire/fitness is another thing altogether.

Cut our losses with Makela I think.

Yeah I can definately see where yopu are coming from and you are probably right but surely you cannot have too many goalscorers in your team.

I think if we played them it would have to be in a game like tomorrow where we should also play two wingers to try and give them the service.

Give him a chance FFS

na

Give him a chance FFS

To the loony bin?

The guy's done nothing to suggest that he warrants a place over any of our other strikers. At least with Nade/Velicka, we've got one guy that (when he's in the mood) can hold the ball up and another one that can put them away. Makela would probably rack up a few assists for the opposition, mind.

nade and velicka are the best option up front

nade to hold the ball up and link in the midfield

velicka to get defenders to turn and run a them

Nade is not a natural goalscorer but has strength and touch

makela is absolute sheoite but is a natural goalscorer.

Makela wold be good to have as a sub in a succesful team someone to come on when you are on top and need someone to apply the finishing touch but he would stuggle with our current system which means we are creating little and are relying on opponents mistakes to score.

He is sh*t. Punt him.

who?

makela's brother?

anyway, strange that he was given a start against Barca, scored, then never got quoted again.

first home game, benny gets a start, we lose, he looks pant.

why no makela?

he may be crap but tbh honest have no seen enough of him to come to that conclusion because if we base it on first gteam appearances ALL our strikers (except Velicka) come into that category, including pospisil & Bednar.

none have been consistantly good.

Lacostelad would be proud of you...contentious as ever for the hell of it.

Becomes predictable eventually and I?ve a feeling madness follows that...

A formerly prolific strike rate. With who exactly. I think Makela is poor. That's about the most positive description I can offer for him.

who?

makela's brother?

anyway, strange that he was given a start against Barca, scored, then never got quoted again.

why no makela?

he may be crap but tbh honest have no seen enough of him to come to that conclusion because if we base it on first gteam appearances ALL our strikers (except Velicka) come into that category, including pospisil & Bednar.

Where did he play V Barca?

Wide right.

We're well covered for wide right players just now. For whatever reason the coaches don't think he is a striker.

FWIW, I agree with them.

He played a couple of games at the beginning of the season and was total murder.

Prancer...........if your idea of a decent player is Makela, theres hope for Branny and the rest of our youngsters yet :P

sorry, but makela has only 1 start this sesaon, v Barca +

(3 subs v hibs, gretna & aberdeen which came to a total of 49 mins).

2 strangely were at exactly same time in each match, the other was in the last minute.

sorry, but makela has only 1 start this sesaon, v Barca +

(3 subs v hibs, gretna & aberdeen which came to a total of 49 mins).

2 strangely were at exactly same time in each match, the other was in the last minute.

49 mins of woefulness............I dont think I have seen a worse touch in a professional football player. I was up for giving him a try after Barca but the few chances he had at the start of the season was enough for me......he aint got it.

He played a couple of games at the beginning of the season and was total murder.

Prancer...........if your idea of a decent player is Makela, theres hope for Branny and the rest of our youngsters yet :P

Makelas Record

2000-2003 Tervarit 61 (44)

2003-2006 HJK 66 (33)

2006- Hearts 11 (2)

2007-2007 Thun 14(3)

Finland 5 (0)

Those stats tell me all I need to know

That is an exceptional rate and for us to have given a player with stats such as that less than 20 games given our lack of goals is a joke

He wont impress in games when he is played on the wing, cause he isnt a winger

Bad players do not score that many goals on a prolonged period, in what isnt too shabby a league

Give him 10-15 games in a row, if he doesnt deliver fair enough but I find it quite offensive that we paid 500k , 5k a week and havent even tried him for a fair time

so a guy gets binned for 49 mins of woefulness??

how is goncalves still playing?

hjow is stewart still playin? because they both have played woeful for @ least 49 mins this season!

seriously, elliot & benny got a start before him, hell we played 4-5-1 @ home against Gretna FFS. now if makela is worse tahn both of them then we must be lokking at a different player.

he may not be the answer but imho he's had a raw deal, given the fact that other players have been given starts before him, e.g. pospisil, who were always trying to leave the club.

right now we only have 1 striker worth **** & its velicka & tahts a sad stae of afirs for a club of our standing to be in.

mediocrity abounds up front.

MackaysCentreSpot
Makelas Record

2003-2006 HJK 66 (33)

2006- Hearts 11 (2)

2007-2007 Thun 14(3)

Finland 5 (0)

That is an exceptional rate and for us to have given a player with stats such as that less than 20 games given our lack of goals is a joke

Bad players do not score that many goals on a prolonged period, in what isnt too shabby a league

Give him 10-15 games in a row, if he doesnt deliver fair enough but I find it quite offensive that we paid 500k , 5k a week and havent even tried him for a fair time

Have you seen him playing in the reserves?...........guess not or you would not be so willing for him to get a start.

Have you seen him playing in the reserves?...........guess not or you would not be so willing for him to get a start.

I have

I dont judge a striker being played on the left or right wing when their main attribute is goalscoring:)

MackaysCentreSpot
I have

I dont judge a striker being played on the left or right wing when their main attribute is goalscoring:)

His main attribute is goalscoring...............so if you go to the reserves you will have seen him miss the same sitters/open goals as I have.

A player can be as **** pants poor in reserves as long as he does it in the first team.

for example benny's rattled hunners of goals in the lith league, which is maybe better than resrves.

but first team fitba it aint.

none of our previous strikers have ever been prolific in the reserves, janny, bednar or pospisil, (maybe becaus they only used for it fitness & knew they'd be back in first taem soon) except mole.

based on that mole should be a certain starter...............but he couldn't hack it @ QoS but shaggy's talking him up now.

how is it we spent 500k on this guy & he's pants, whose accountable for this & beslija as well or is it just politics?

if was makela i would be glad to see the back of hearts & thats a terrible thing to say, can only harm our reputation in the transfer market, notwithstanding we pay good wages.

so a guy gets binned for 49 mins of woefulness??

how is goncalves still playing?

hjow is stewart still playin? because they both have played woeful for @ least 49 mins this season!

seriously, elliot & benny got a start before him, hell we played 4-5-1 @ home against Gretna FFS. now if makela is worse tahn both of them then we must be lokking at a different player.

he may not be the answer but imho he's had a raw deal, given the fact that other players have been given starts before him, e.g. pospisil, who were always trying to leave the club.

right now we only have 1 striker worth **** & its velicka & tahts a sad stae of afirs for a club of our standing to be in.

mediocrity abounds up front.

Your right, Jose, Robbie, etc are poor week in/week out, however that isnt any more reason to play Makela, who doesnt have the fundamentals to make a football player. I would love to be proved wrong but sadly I dont think I will.

he doesn't pick the first team, shaggy, alledgely does.

if it was me i'd be saying, if i aint good enough, tell me.

what do i do to get better?

otherwise sell me.

but if u aint playin me for other reasons then am i aint trying a leg, i'll take ur money, do the minumum and work my contract.

your choice.

no one will ever come out and plain speak on this issue, because if he aint good enough, its embarassing payin 500k for a huddy.

if its politics then thats embarassing too.

all round a waste of time and effort. u hope would learn from it but i doubt it.

Give him a chance FFS

He's had chances already and proved he ain't got it.

What more is there to say?

He's had chances already and proved he ain't got it.

What more is there to say?

11 games, many as a sub and a few out of place

Some chance:eek:

HMFCjamieHMFC
who?

makela's brother?

why no makela?

its joke about how prancer called brannys brother annoying

Makelas Record

2003-2006 HJK 66 (33)

2006- Hearts 11 (2)

2007-2007 Thun 14(3)

Finland 5 (0)

Considering he has scored a hat-trick in a competitive fixture then he has more than 2.

Considering he has scored a hat-trick in a competitive fixture then he has more than 2.

I think it only includes league appearences:)

i quite admire the lads guts to stay and fight for his place especially after the lack of game time.

Personally i havent seen enough of him to say if he's good or not ,

I say give him a fair chance ie 2 or 3 starts in a row .

If he blows it then we wont have anymore posts like this, if he turns out to be a player then all the better.

For me the only criteria to judge a forward by is goals 8 goals in 9 starts ever at the club in competitive games including loan spell (4 goals in 3 starts for Hearts) isnt to sniff at !

-

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/PlayerProfilesDetail/0,,10289~30431,00.html

Archived