Does anyone else think that woment exagerate childbirth pain?

Craigieboy

The Old Tolbooth
I've had 3 kids, my boys both being 11lb 2oz, must have been the chicken nuggets and tartare sauce I was addicted to.

They were natural births and yes it was painful but I must admit once it's over you forget all about it! (until the next time) I was induced and went to hospital with my hair and make up done.

The nurses etc were all like you look great well done etc. I had a look in a mirror about 3 hours after my first son and OMG, I was grey with loads of broken veins

blotches all over my face and the hair was like I'd just got out of bed!!!!

Anyway my daughter was a c section, piece of cake, baby gorgeous round head but afterwards was so painful. Takes much longer to recover.

Men couldn't do it!

But you look like that most Sunday mornings Shell :peek_by_Andrin:

A Boy Named Crow

Here's the thing, for all that woman suffer during child birth, they generally have a long long time to prepare for it, and they know what to expect. Men on the other hand, must live with the knowledge that a strike to the nuts could be just seconds away!

And another thing, if it is really that painful, then why do woman go back and do it all again after their first child?...

The truth as men we cannot answer as we dont experience childbirth. However having said that women to have a tendency to exaggerate. Six cars on the road and that qualifies as a traffic jam. Six persons at the checkout in the supermarket and that means it was the busiest supermarket in the Kingdom. So going by my examples above then yes I think they will have the tendency to exaggerate the pain of childbirth ;)

John

Narrative Arc
I've had broken bones and appendicitis (almost to the point of ruptured appendix) and all I can say is that neither came anywhere close to labour pains!

How come before giving birth for the first time, you don't see animals sitting around with a wad of self-help books, while planning 20 night classes. They just get on with it. No offense honey-hips but you think you would be good at it by now..

blondejamtart
How come before giving birth for the first time, you don't see animals sitting around with a wad of self-help books, while planning 20 night classes. They just get on with it. No offense honey-hips but you think you would be good at it by now..

Hey, I'm not denying that birth is a natural process and all that - but would you really have us go back to the days when women dying in childbirth was a matter of routine? For the record, both my children were born through emergency C-sections, so without medical intervention, who knows what might have happened, either to them or to me? This is one of those arguments where no-one is ever going to win - because men will never know the pain of childbirth, and we're never going to know the pain of a "tap to the nuts"! As far as childbirth is concerned, the main thing at the end of the day is that mum and baby both come through it safe and sound - and surely that's something we should all be celebrating?

I'm proud to say that I shared the pain with my wife during her 2 childbirth experiences. Several times I looked up from my Scotsman to give her a re-assuring smile. I think it helped her a lot. :)

I'd maintain that a football grazing the nads is far more painful than taking one square in the sack.

It sets them swinging like an executive toy for treble the pain. Then there's the delayed reaction when you briefly think you've got away with it.

70's Throwback
I'd maintain that a football grazing the nads is far more painful than taking one square in the sack.

It sets them swinging like an executive toy for treble the pain. Then there's the delayed reaction when you briefly think you've got away with it.

Yip...and then the nausea starts to kick on. :confused:

Walter Payton

Also never, ever, ever ask the doctor to "put an extra stitch in for me, mate", they hate that.

:brows:

Even if you offer to slip them ?20 or something?

Yip...and then the nausea starts to kick on. :confused:

See? There it is again. I've experienced neither of these particular agonies but I'm pretty confident that a wee bit of nausea and a nudged nad are going to be a hell of a lot easier to handle then having your innards rearranging themselves around a baby sized object.

Men can't have a simple cold without insisting that they're dying of dengue fever and headaches often become potential brain tumours. Exaggeration is definitely more common to the male of the species. :biggrin:

See? There it is again. I've experienced neither of these particular agonies but I'm pretty confident that a wee bit of nausea and a nudged nad are going to be a hell of a lot easier to handle then having your innards rearranging themselves around a baby sized object.

You're most likely right, but then tapped baw is pretty much like getting your innards rearranged - let's take two of your organs outside of your body, wrap them together in all the protective covering of a paper bag, then let's tap one into t'other.

Ive had a few painful things including my stomach bursting open and invasive knee surgery and I cant imagine either coming close to it

Whilst I dont think they exaggerate the pain they certainly milk it :P

Archived