Intertotto Option

Dean Winchester

run with the inter toto cup then if you feel good about it................................

good evening :wavey:

I'm very at ease with it thank you. :)

HMFCjamieHMFC

yeah we don't want to play in some stupid competition that has had diddy clubs like Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Marseille, Hamburger, Blackburn, Auxerre, Sampdoria, Valencia, West Ham and Bordeaux have played in

EXCLUSIVE: Hearts face Euro ban due to manager riddle

Hearts must appoint a head coach with appropriate UEFA qualifications within two months - or face being barred from entering the Intertoto Cup by the SFA.

Sportsmail understands Vladimir Romanov sees the Intertoto as the club's best chance of earning a place in the UEFA Cup and, with the first round involving fixtures in June and July, entry would see the club playing in every month of 2008. But the SFA will not sanction the participation of any club which does not have a manager holding the UEFA Pro-Licence certificate - and acting head coach Stevie Frail does not have that qualification.

I am in two minds in this, the intertoto has been turned into a competition that will give us a uefa cup place which would be good however it is the early ties that worry me, I dont want players tired too early. In my mind, if we have a manager in before the summer, they should have the final say on whether they will enter it or not.

mindreader !

Best

TW

The snobbery of this board is unbelievable.

Of course we should grab with both hands the chance to save this terrible pathetic season and get european football for next season, no matter how slim the chance. To say

'no thanks Hearts are too big for the diddy Intertoto Cup'

is ridiculous. Who do were think we are!? Just look at the list of some of the teams that have entered over the years. I remember a couple of seasons ago Newcastle progressed and got right through to the UEFA Cup quarters even although they were having a terrible domestic season.

Plus it would mean going along to cheer on the team in matches that would actually mean something instead of the usual pre season pish.

Question. What position in the league do we need to finish to get Intertoto? Gordon Smith has changed the rules so that the UEFA Cup spot for the Scottish Cup winners goes to 4th in the league instead of the other cup finalist if the SC winners already have a euro spot ie are already in the top 3.

So is the Intertoto spot now 5th!? Im confused can someone explain.

The snobbery of this board is unbelievable.

Of course we should grab with both hands the chance to save this terrible pathetic season and get european football for next season, no matter how slim the chance. To say

'no thanks Hearts are too big for the diddy Intertoto Cup'

is ridiculous. Who do were think we are!? Just look at the list of some of the teams that have entered over the years. I remember a couple of seasons ago Newcastle progressed and got right through to the UEFA Cup quarters even although they were having a terrible domestic season.

Plus it would mean going along to cheer on the team in matches that would actually mean something instead of the usual pre season pish.

Question. What position in the league do we need to finish to get Intertoto? Gordon Smith has changed the rules so that the UEFA Cup spot for the Scottish Cup winners goes to 4th in the league instead of the other cup finalist if the SC winners already have a euro spot ie are already in the top 3.

So is the Intertoto spot now 5th!? Im confused can someone explain.

AFIAW it is not dependent on league position in Scotland, unlike many other smaller countries in Europe that take it seriously, such as Germany.... :P

AFIAW it is not dependent on league position in Scotland, unlike many other smaller countries in Europe that take it seriously, such as Germany.... :P

So St Mirren could apply? :eek:

Archived