what are Arbroath wanting from us

iaing

read in the paper today that Arbroath are to have the SFA chase us for their money for the re-sale of Webster. Don't they get it. We didn't sell webster on so what money are they after. If anything they should be chasing the player. Fifa has really come up trumps this time, many of these small clubs will lose any future chance of money from re sale of players.

Sod em

we got sweet FA so those jokers get the same

I hope Webster has an injury plagued career

he is a grade A c0ck!

loveofthegame

Bit disappointing that Arbroath wanna take this to the SFA, but its just another sign of the consequences Webster's actions are having towards the 2 clubs who made him.

Ungrateful ****my ****

Why on earth would Arbroath be asking the SFA to 'chase up' their cash when the decision was literally made a week ago? Pfft.

I don't know about these things but maybe these payments actually go through the SFA anyway? That would make sense. Therefore it's not really 'chasing' is it? More like 'raising an invoice'.

The SFA will no doubt decide that Hearts should pay Abroath ?250,000, because that is what they would have got if Hearts had sold Webster to Rankers/Wigan for the market rate.

The SFA will no doubt decide that Hearts should pay Abroath ?250,000, because that is what they would have got if Hearts had sold Webster to Rankers/Wigan for the market rate.

it was in this mornings record, but agree that sfa will probably rule that we will have to pay them something, outrageously as we never got a penny in transfer fee for him, he only paid off his wages to retract contract.

read in the paper today that Arbroath are to have the SFA chase us for their money for the re-sale of Webster. Don't they get it. We didn't sell webster on so what money are they after. If anything they should be chasing the player. Fifa has really come up trumps this time, many of these small clubs will lose any future chance of money from re sale of players.

It's nowt to do with FIFA mate. Them and UEFA both are up in arms about this.

It's the Court of Arbitration for Sport that's foooked it all up!

it was in this mornings record, but agree that sfa will probably rule that we will have to pay them something, outrageously as we never got a penny in transfer fee for him, he only paid off his wages to retract contract.

With any luck Arbroath can sue him for breach of contract and keep him out of the game for a bit longer.

hearts should do the decent thing and give them their percentage of the ?150,000 imo, however they're under no obligation to do so and i dont really blame them if they dont

It's nowt to do with FIFA mate. Them and UEFA both are up in arms about this.

It's the Court of Arbitration for Sport that's foooked it all up!

That's not strictly true. The CAS simply applied the rules as set down by FIFA/UEFA. For UEFA to complain about this ruling is ludicrous.

That's not strictly true. The CAS simply applied the rules as set down by FIFA/UEFA. For UEFA to complain about this ruling is ludicrous.

The CAS took the ruling to the extreme. The ruling was made as an appeasement at the time the Eurocrats were talking about applying the freedom of contract and right to work act to football. Something that would surely ruin the game. As such, I don't think FIFA/UEFA had any other option.

I think CAS should've looked at the broader implications of the ruling at what could be the beginning of the end of the beautifull game as we know it!

hearts should do the decent thing and give them their percentage of the ?150,000 imo, however they're under no obligation to do so and i dont really blame them if they dont

Agreed.

A goodwill gesture if you like.

Although no doubt some on here would jump on it and accuse Vlad of trying to use Arbroath and buy some good PR for ?25K.

The problem is of course that after deducting legal fees etc etc there will probably be very little, if any change out of ?150K

Hearts lose

Arbroath lose

Lawyers win

Judas wins

Rangers/Wigan, win short term but will most likely lose in the future

john brownlee

I dont see why they dont go after the cheat . If he had to pay Hearts then he has to pay Arbroath They might have to take it through the small claims court

As Hearts got nothing for him from his new club then I cant see them getting anything from us

There might be able to claim from the cheat himself as he signed the contract, Oh but wait a minute was that not broken so therefore not worth the paper it was written on .

But knowning the GFA and their agenda We will have to pay at some point possibly a fine and that would be handed to Arbroath== webster estimated worth 25million now hes a hun

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

The CAS took the ruling to the extreme. The ruling was made as an appeasement at the time the Eurocrats were talking about applying the freedom of contract and right to work act to football. Something that would surely ruin the game. As such, I don't think FIFA/UEFA had any other option.

I think CAS should've looked at the broader implications of the ruling at what could be the beginning of the end of the beautifull game as we know it!

CAS are there to apply the rules

The rules have one legal definition and thats what CAS applied, hearts should have seen it coming

Fifa ballsed up here no one else

As for arbroath their not entitled to a penny, we agreed a % of a future transfer fee.

We never got a penny for a transfer fee, we got a sum for breach of contract

Give the money already lost by hearts here I wouldnt be paying them anything, even as a gesture

The rules have one legal definition and thats what CAS applied, hearts should have seen it coming

As for arbroath their not entitled to a penny, we agreed a % of a future transfer fee.

Give the money already lost by hearts here I wouldnt be paying them anything, even as a gesture

What? When nobody else did? Don't talk ***** mate!

What? When nobody else did? Don't talk ***** mate!

I did and im sure anyone who knows how the CAS work did too

I bet our lawyers and the club suspected too

CAS are not there to apply fairness, they are there to apply the rules

A read of this ridicolous rule gives one figure- the remainder of the contract therefore thats all CAS were ever awarding

Fifa introduced this stupid rule and they are the ones to blame

The problem is of course that after deducting legal fees etc etc there will probably be very little, if any change out of ?150K

Hearts lose

Arbroath lose

Lawyers win

Judas wins

Rangers/Wigan, win short term but will most likely lose in the future

good point. would still be nice, for hearts to do it as a goodwill gesture but as you say theres really no benefit to hearts in doing so.

lets send them Miko instead :P

dockside jambo

but we didn't sell him, he effectively bought out his contract, therefore we did not receive a sell on transfer fee as such, so if arbroath have a contract for a %fee of a future sale then they are entitled to nothing,

has the club actually received the ?150,000 from judas/wigan/rangers yet,

Have you actually read the case notes Prancer? I can only assume you haven't because the rules definitely don't have just one legal definition, they have several available to them. CAS chose to interpret the case in the manner that they did by picking and choosing which laws they would apply.

Surprise! Surprise!

Another negative about Hearts in the media this week!

I think that now makes 6 "stories" they've dredged up to fill their neanderthal news!

I'm really beginning to think that there may be something seriously 'big' going to happen and it's enough to get them worried again!!!

Or is it just that the recent recognition of the rough deal we're getting from referees, compounded by "oops, hand-ball-a-daisy" McCurry, has rattled the cages of Murray's minions and woken the Trolls up from their stupor - and they want to make sure it gets buried like all the other pathetic performances of match officials down through the years!!!

GFA! Guilty as Sin!!!

Seymour M Hersh

Personally I think we should give Arbroath the entire ?150k! It is soiled money and would appear an excellent gesture that the media would have to report. And it's not as if ?150k will be too badly missed by the club.

Guest JamboRobbo
Personally I think we should give Arbroath the entire ?150k! It is soiled money and would appear an excellent gesture that the media would have to report. And it's not as if ?150k will be too badly missed by the club.

it certainly wouldnae make much difference if we lumped it on top of the debt

We should give arbroath their percentage of the sell-on fee minus our legal costs.

I would expect that they would then owe us money. What a bunch of muppets.

before wages we actually lost 10k on webster, not sure if there wre any add ons for international caps to make it worse

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I think we should drag it out for a couple of years and then give them some ridicoulasly sill fee like 74p. Whats good for the goose must be good for the gander.

portobellojambo1

I would actually agree that the best we could do in the circumstances is try and work this to our advantage.

I think I worked out, based on the date of settlement and the period of increase at 5%, we will actually receive around ?162,000 from Wigan/Rangers.

Costs are expected to be around ?100,000, approximately, leaving around ?60K. In the circumstances the best Hearts could do is possibly give Arbroath a lump sum, say ?50K, and put the rest into something connected to Hearts, the Disabled Hearts club, Tynie Tigers, something like that maybe.

BangkokHearts

Quite simply we did not sell him so there is no % of sell on due to Arbroath.

They must be gutted.

they are not rules, they are laws.

in a strict legal sense there is a difference.

as for hearts seeing it comin, behave yourself.

when u have the necessary legal skills to interprate laws, then maybe u might have an opinion worth reading.

the operative word here is interpretaion of the laws; CAS did that & there have been threads on this ad nauseum. when lawyers are involved then opinions on law digress enormously.

as for arbroath, they may be pushing it but any payment should be comensurate with the CAS ruling.

they are not rules, they are laws.

in a strict legal sense there is a difference.

as for hearts seeing it comin, behave yourself.

when u have the necessary legal skills to interprate laws, then maybe u might have an opinion worth reading.

the operative word here is interpretaion of the laws; CAS did that & there have been threads on this ad nauseum. when lawyers are involved then opinions on law digress enormously.

as for arbroath, they may be pushing it but any payment should be comensurate with the CAS ruling.

Read the "law"

It clearly states the compensation will be the final year of the contract:mad:

Paying a % to Arbroath would amount to accept the CAS decision and I?m not sure Hearts are ready to do that just yet.

I have sympathy for Arbroath as they must have thought they?d get a significant fee when Webster moved on again, but they got slapped down with Hearts...

Paying a % to Arbroath would amount to accept the CAS decision and I?m not sure Hearts are ready to do that just yet.

I have sympathy for Arbroath as they must have thought they?d get a significant fee when Webster moved on again, but they got slapped down with Hearts...

It doesnt matter if we accept it, theres not really a lot else we can do

We need to move on and accept it, I wouldnt give arbroath a cent though as it can only help highlight our point of how bad this decision is for football as a whole

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The whole thing is disgusting and I just want it over.

I don't think Webster realises what this means for football.

69838.jpg

Just look at him FFS.

He's like something out of the Goonies.

loveofthegame

69838.jpg

Just look at him FFS.

What a frightening photo. One to scare the kids in years to come.

That photo really sums it all up- a ned bampot fandan whose been blessed with an ability he doesnt deserve, who supports a team he probably watched twice live as a kid and who's been so misled its untrue---> a picture really does say more than a thousand words....

loveofthegame

69838.jpg

Just look at him FFS.

P.S. Thats some neck.... obv the key to makin it as a modern centre half

What a frightening photo. One to scare the kids in years to come.

That photo really sums it all up- a ned bampot fandan whose been blessed with an ability he doesnt deserve, who supports a team he probably watched twice live as a kid and who's been so misled its untrue---> a picture really does say more than a thousand words....

True.

I though his mullet style hairdo at Hearts was odd but this is just unacceptable.

Does anyone remember the game him and Gordon had a square go? Maybe Killie?

I wish Gordon had knocked the Judas out.

loveofthegame
True.

I though his mullet style hairdo at Hearts was odd but this is just unacceptable.

Does anyone remember the game him and Gordon had a square go? Maybe Killie?

I wish Gordon had knocked the Judas out.

He's always had that glaikit(sp) look about him whilst trying to maintain the whole 'im a pretty footballer' look- hes just never quite pulled that off. Must be hard bein as ugly as that- ill bet the story sellin page 3 slags wont even give him a look in. jeez they'd rather waste there time on raith rovers' marco pelosi....

loveofthegame
Is Webster the new Bosman? I mean this thing could have a huge inpact if not handeld by fifa properly.

It could mate but i think FIFA will find a way of closing the current open 'loophole.'

Maybe not but the big clubs are worried by this and that usually means FIFA will try to act at all costs

Is Webster the new Bosman? I mean this thing could have a huge inpact if not handeld by fifa properly.

I don't think the impact will be as big as the Bosman but you may well see the likes of Lampard and Ronaldinho try using this joke of a rule.

If they are due money, we should give it to them.

We have been shafted over this, but Hearts should act with dignity if they owe them money.

I am interested to see what will happen when its two big big clubs having this scenario with a player.

loveofthegame
If they are due money, we should give it to them.

We have been shafted over this, but Hearts should act with dignity if they owe them money.

I am interested to see what will happen when its two big big clubs having this scenario with a player.

Agreed but i can only see the sole possibility of the arrangement with Arbroath being that they get a % of the next transfer fee.... we have received **** all as a transfer fee so as bad as that is for Arbroath i guess thats just the way it goes.....

Webster is to blame not us. Im sure Hearts would have loved to give Arbroath ?250k of a ?2.5M transfer

Agreed but i can only see the sole possibility of the arrangement with Arbroath being that they get a % of the next transfer fee.... we have received **** all as a transfer fee so as bad as that is for Arbroath i guess thats just the way it goes.....

Webster is to blame not us. Im sure Hearts would have loved to give Arbroath ?250k of a ?2.5M transfer

If Hearts had a % mate, no matter how high or low a fee we got - we owe them the %.

Its a couple of hundred thousand of K?

Pay it and move on.

Tough one, but Hearts misfortune is not Arbroath's fault.

Archived